Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals need to lose to Miami
(12-20-2019, 08:31 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Tua is just hurt all the time.  Before the hip injury it was the ankle injury the previous year, and the year before that it was the other ankle..  I don't think drafting him is a good idea.  

Actually its 3 injuries in 2 years. He only played in the second half of the National Championship his Freshamn year (2017). His Sophmore year (2018) He had an ankle injury. This year his Junior year he had an ankle and hip.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 02:38 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The tiebreaker is strength of schedule not head to head. The Bengals lose on this as the weaker schedule picks first.

Also the opening post is wrong, the Bengals only need to tie v Miami to secure the first pick....

If correct, regardless of what happens, if both teams (Bengals/Dolphins) finish 3-13, Bengals get first pick?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 11:13 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Damn.  If we pick third draft Andrew Thomas out of Georgia.  We need another tackle.

If you pick third and Burrow is gone, you either go with Hebert or Chase Young.

If you want Andrew Thomas, you trade down. #3 is way too high for Thomas. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Actually its 3 injuries in 2 years. He only played in the second half of the National Championship his Freshamn year (2017). His Sophmore year (2018) He had an ankle injury. This year his Junior year he had an ankle and hip.

He only played in the 2nd half because Jalen Hurts started. Not because of an injury. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 01:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I don't want the first draft pick determined by the Browns/Bengals game. I actually want a loss this weekend to Miami to secure the first draft pick. I am a fan of the Bengals but think a new direction is needed. I guess throwing a game is wrong because of bettors. However, the Bengals better not blow it. As a long time fan, this is the first game I am rooting for the other team. lol

Yeah, definitely rooting for the Phins in this game but I picked the Bengals go figure. Mellow 

Think we are the better team over all with Dalton starting, hope I am wrong and we lose.

We beat the Phins and go into the Browns game and the first pick is in the air.

Do not want this. We need our franchise QB and there is one who seems like a sure thing.

Need a QB that can win in big games, Dalton wins in the meh games.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If correct, regardless of what happens, if both teams (Bengals/Dolphins) finish 3-13, Bengals get first pick?

You're looking at it backwards. If the Bengals and Dolphins both finish with 3 wins each, then the Bengals would be higher in the standings than the Dolphins and the Dolphins would get the first pick. The draft order goes from worst to first in the standings. We want to lose next week to ensure the number one pick.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:36 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: You're looking at it backwards. If the Bengals and Dolphins both finish with 3 wins each, then the Bengals would be higher in the standings than the Dolphins and the Dolphins would get the first pick. The draft order goes from worst to first in the standings. We want to lose next week to ensure the number one pick.

Yep. Both teams need a new QB too.

Burrow is the best to come out in years.
Reply/Quote
Lose to Miami and then do everything in your power to make sure the Browns fall to either 7-9 or 6-10, which would put them, at best, tied for their record last year. So much for the hype!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: If correct, regardless of what happens, if both teams (Bengals/Dolphins) finish 3-13, Bengals get first pick?

No, Dolphins.

Basically if the Bengals win out we'd pick behind the Dolphins (assuming they lose to the Pats) and the loser of the Giants v Redskins (assuming the loser then loses to Eagles/Cowboys respectively).
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, definitely rooting for the Phins in this game but I picked the Bengals go figure. Mellow 

Think we are the better team over all with Dalton starting, hope I am wrong and we lose.

We beat the Phins and go into the Browns game and the first pick is in the air.

Do not want this. We need our franchise QB and there is one who seems like a sure thing.

Need a QB that can win in big games, Dalton wins in the meh games.

i don't know ? Daltons good for 2 ints and a pic 6 per game.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If we win out and the Dolphins lose out, were probably picking third. We'd have 3 wins , the Dolphins 3 wins and either the Redskins or Giants will have 3 wins.

The Giants and Redskins play each other so obviously , assuming no tie when they play each other, one of them finishes with 3 wins and the other 4 wins. Also assuming they both lose their other games. The Giants and Redskins both have weaker SOS, so either of them would be picking higher than us.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
My question is as follows:

We win out, Dolphins lose out, loser of Skins/Giants lose out. I know we'd pick 3rd, but who would pick 1st? As crappy as the NFC East is I'd think them; however, I'm not positive.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 05:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My question is as follows:

We win out, Dolphins lose out, loser of Skins/Giants lose out. I know we'd pick 3rd, but who would pick 1st? As crappy as the NFC East is I'd think them; however, I'm not positive.

All three of those teams have similar SOS so it would be hard to determine who would pick first and who picks second. As it stands now in terms of SOS its goes Giants .473 , Dolphins .491, Redskins .493 , Bengals .565. 

So obviously our SOS will remain the highest out of all of the four teams vying for the first pick, and therefor how the remaining schedule shakes out will have zero bearing on our SOS ranking compared to those other teams.  All I know for certain is that if we end up tying those other bottom feeders they will all pick higher than us
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:52 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: If we win out and the Dolphins lose out, were probably picking third. We'd have 3 wins , the Dolphins 3 wins and either the Redskins or Giants will have 3 wins.

The Giants and Redskins play each other so obviously , assuming no tie when they play each other, one of them finishes with 3 wins and the other 4 wins. Also assuming they both lose their other games. The Giants and Redskins both have weaker SOS, so either of them would be picking higher than us.

Thanks for the info. Come on Giants/Redskins, tie each other!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: i don't know ? Daltons good for 2 ints and a pic 6 per game.  Hilarious

Yeah lets see Bad Andy in this one please!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah lets see Bad Andy in this one please!

Somebody should mess his hair up. He’ll never be able to focus on the game!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 07:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Somebody should mess his hair up. He’ll never be able to focus on the game!

MESS UP THE FAUX HAWK!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: Wouldn't the Bengals winning the tiebreaker be the same technically as us having the better record thus the Dolphins get the first overall pick since they lost to us ?

Yes
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 02:43 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Absolutely.  They keep drafting injured players thinking they'll all turn out to be Anthony Munoz and they never are.

It's weird. Other inept franchises historically like the Rams, Colts, and Cardinals eventually hit the right formula and made and some won Super Bowls.

We keep trodding along as losers.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That's where I am at. Best scenario, we lose to the Dolphins, not throw the game though, then stomp a mud hole in Cleveland the last game.

Cleveland without Garrett is a very different team.  I think (and hope) this happens.  
Reply/Quote