Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals need to lose to Miami
You pick the best guy out of the draft, simple as that.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Lose to Miami and then do everything in your power to make sure the Browns fall to either 7-9 or 6-10, which would put them, at best, tied for their record last year. So much for the hype!

Careful, if the Browns lose to us they may actually fire their terrible HC and have a chance to improve. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Beating Miami would be a huge mistake.
Reply/Quote
I think we all know what is coming Sunday.

We will win.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 11:55 AM)depthchart Wrote: If I were the wealthy Owner of the Bengals and we beat the Dolphins, I would immediately announce that we will be starting and evaluating Jake Dolegala for the last game against the Browns. 

Dolegala?! Dolegala may clobber the Dolphins AND Browns!

Best move is to not overthink it and put Finley back in there. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 12:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dolegala?! Dolegala may clobber the Dolphins AND Browns!

Best move is to not overthink it and put Finley back in there. 

Or even Billings
Reply/Quote
The Bengals and Dolphins always play weird games and this one has a chance to be the weirdest of them all. At least they get kind of a break to go someplace warm and sunny.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I don't think the Dolphins are going to try to lose. They'll play to win.

We have the absolute worst HC in the NFL. Freddie Kitchens outcoaches Zac. It's hard to overcome that.
Reply/Quote
I want a win over the Browns so this week is crucial to lose (or tie like a poster said). However, the Bungles will probably play their best game and win it just to lose the draft pick. We could end up with Chase Young which isn't too bad.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I want a win over the Browns so this week is crucial to lose (or tie like a poster said). However, the Bungles will probably play their best game and win it just to lose the draft pick. We could end up with Chase Young which isn't too bad.

Draft 3rd and you’ll not get Young or Burrow. This would be the most Bengals solution to the problem. This franchise is like a spoiled, rich, lazy, entitled child. It generally finds a way to screw up everything. That and Mike Brown is the poster boy for Dunning-Kruger...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 01:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I want a win over the Browns so this week is crucial to lose (or tie like a poster said). However, the Bungles will probably play their best game and win it just to lose the draft pick. We could end up with Chase Young which isn't too bad.

We used to aspire to beat the Steelers. Now we aspire to be able to beat the Browns.

#NewDey! Thanks Zac!
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We used to aspire to beat the Steelers. Now we aspire to be able to beat the Browns.

#NewDey! Thanks Zac!

Tbf their fans have almost surpassed the Steelers fans in their level of annoying. And then ofc the media crowning them paper champs in the offseason. I fell for it myself.

And lastly, the Steelers rivalry just feels over at this point. Ben and JJSS are about all that’s left, and the former might finally be done.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2019, 04:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We used to aspire to beat the Steelers. Now we aspire to be able to beat the Browns.

#NewDey! Thanks Zac!

Aspiring to not be swept by the Browns...whew.

(12-21-2019, 04:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf their fans have almost surpassed the Steelers fans in their level of annoying. And then ofc the media crowning them paper champs in the offseason. I fell for it myself. 

And lastly, the Steelers rivalry just feels over at this point. Ben and JJSS are about all that’s left, and the former might finally be done.

Well, the Browns were hyped but the common knock against them was that they had a HC who was clearly going to be in way over his head.  If they fire Kitchens and spend the offseason being a punching bag like they've been all year they might actually put together a decent year in 2020.  But at any rate, they are possibly going to beat us and they will be 7-9 and we will be 1-15 or 2-14 so how smug could we possibly get?

As for the Steelers, their defense is dragging Mason Rudolph and Duck Dodgers to the playoffs so next year with Ben back they could be right back in the thick of things.  Oh, and they swept us like the chumps that we are.  The way I see it is that the Steelers lost their starting QB all year and the Browns face-planted and they're both winning a lot more games than we are with our win-now roster and our new genius HC.  Ouch.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 11:13 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Damn.  If we pick third draft Andrew Thomas out of Georgia.  We need another tackle.

If we don't draft first, I think we'll go tackle.

And if we go first, I wouldn't be surprised if we go... Tackle.

We're at the point where we just shotgun it. Shoot blindly and hope we finally get another whitworth.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:35 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Unless my math is off, the Dolphins cannot overtake the Bengals in the draft regardless of what happens.

A Dolphin win Sunday would give them 4 wins, and the Bengals could only finish with 2.

Even if the Bengals win out and the Dolphins lose out, leaving them BOTH with 3-13, the Bengals win the tie breaker with a win OVER the Dolphins.

The only other threat are either the Giants and Redskins, also sitting with 3 losses.

They play each other this weekend, so either one gets a win, and gets eliminated from the #1 pick regardless even if the Bengals win out.  If it ends in a tie, and they both lose the last game, they both finish 3-12-1, still giving the Bengals the worst record by a 1/2 game.

Those 2 teams play the Eagles and the Cowboys the last week so whoever wins between the Skins and Giants will probably lose the last week's game, eliminating BOTH teams.

The scenario I'm not sure about is if whoever wins the Giants/Redskins game, also wins their last game, would finish at 3-13, tying the Bengals IF they Bengals win out.

I don't know how the tie breaker works there.

BOTTOM LINE:  If the Bengals lose one of the last 2, they get #1 pick regardless of what everyone else does!

Strength of schedule determines draft of teams with the same record. The Bengals currently have the 2nd hardest Strength of Schedule. Miami, NY Giants and Washington all have much weaker Strength of Schedule. If all 4 finish with the same record, the Bengals will draft 4th.

Essentially, the Bengals must finish with the worst record to get the 1st pick.

Yes, if the Bengals lose one of the last 2, they get the 1st pick. If they win both and Miami, Washington or NY Giants lose out, the Bengals do not get the 1st pick.

Reply/Quote
But if we win out we will go into the offseason with positive momentum and something to build on Sick
Reply/Quote
QB sneaks and fullback dives all day long. CBs and LBs playing 15 yds off the line. A Loss = A Win. Surely they can’t F this up.......right? ......... Damn, they’re gonna F this up!
Reply/Quote
OK, suppose Bengals win today.. Just suppose it.. is there ANYONE alive who realistically believes Cleveland would even try to beat a division rival to get Joe Burrow? Hell no.. The last game has thrown game written all over it. Hell, they'd lose even if Mike Brown were the QB, HC and running back with Duke officiating the game alone.. Sad On the bright side of todays game I'll be sitting at the ER all day..Oh the joys of sitting in the emergency room during the game. Be honest..you're jealous aren't ya? Mellow

To top it off my truck is stuck in a Walmart parking lot, the fuel pump is kapoot (I think although it may be a completely different problem or so) the weather sucks..(cold rain) and the fuel tank is nearly full and the fuel pump is inside the tank..and of course this is the time of year I'm always broke..but at least I'm at the hospital waiting to see what the docs tell the ol woman about her health when the game is about to start.. Time has always conspired against me in all things I've ever wanted to do instead.. lol
...and I'm stuck driving a soccer mom mini van!  I guess walking could suck more.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 11:25 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: QB sneaks and fullback dives all day long. CBs and LBs playing 15 yds off the line. A Loss = A Win. Surely they can’t F this up.......right? ......... Damn, they’re gonna F this up!

Oh c'mon..When have the bengals EVER F'ed up a game when something good could happen? You must be thinking about some other team who hasn't won a playoff game since christ left Chicago.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Mixon is active today but has been sick with the stomach flu since yesterday so he may not play a lot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote