• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals not expecting to sign Bates to an extension at this time
(08-11-2021, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos Dunlap: $40.5 Mil 2018

Geno Atkins:$65.2 Mil 2018

Gio Bernard: $10.3 Mil 2019

Tyler Boyd: $30.9 Mil 2019

Joe Mixon: $49.0 Mil 2020

Sam Hubbard: $40.0 Mil 2021

Interesting thing is those three guys didn't get to see the end of those contracts. The Bengals more or less got away with giving much less guaranteed money and smaller signing bonuses because they had a history of letting guys play through the entirety of their contract. If that's not going to be the case anymore (I am not saying it shouldn't be) then they are going to have to up their signing bonus/guaranteed money game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sign the man.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 01:31 PM)pally Wrote:

This sucks.

When it was just random chatting who cares... but a quote from Bates that seems kind of pissed isn't what you want.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Wow, that is unfortunate. We can't get out of our own way. And forever thus. Smh
Reply/Quote

Nothing like taking part of a quote and running with it..... when you read the whole thing it is quite different.

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals safety Jessie Bates III joined Dan Hoard and Dave Lapham for Thursday's Training Camp Report tweeted by the team, and suggested that he's not sure what he needs to do to prove that he's among the National Football League's top defensive backs.

"I think as far as my contract goes, I guess I haven't done enough yet to be considered one of the top safeties in this league, which is fine," Bates told Hoard and Lapham. "That's fine with me. I'm going to go to work just like any other day, my first three years being here."
He added that it would be the last time he speaks about his contract situation.

"I wish it was done today, obviously, but there are negotiations that have to happen between my agent and you know, upstairs," Bates told reporters late last month, per The Enquirer's Adam Baum. "That's a process ... I'm eager about, but it'll happen when it's supposed to happen. I truly believe that."

In February, Yates tweeted that Bates doesn't get the recognition he deserves for a player with his talent.

Gee, wonder why that part was left out....... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 03:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing like taking part of a quote and running with it..... when you read the whole thing it is quite different.

Thanks for this Sled, makes me feel better again. He just wanted it done before the preseason started understandably.

Now he just has to keep doing his job and forget about it until it happens hopefully, and happens soon so he can just concentrate 
on football as that is what he is trying to do in saying he won't talk about it anymore.
Reply/Quote
So the Bengals tag him next year and get it sorted it during next year's TC if they're feeling generous.

Reality is that there's not enough money to keep young talent. If Logan Willson balls it'll come time to pay him. We got to pay Burrow Eventually. And if Chase and Higgins ball out, then the Bengals gotta worry about paying them AND Boyd when his contract is up.

Bengals ain't keeping everyone.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2021, 03:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing like taking part of a quote and running with it..... when you read the whole thing it is quite different.

I read that this morning and thought the samething. Unbelievable how people read something, believe it's the gospel and freak out over it. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 08:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I read that this morning and thought the samething. Unbelievable how people read something, believe it's the gospel and freak out over it. 

In this day in age, everything is a bit unbelievable. I feel the same though as usual. That Liscow is a punk, screw'em.Smack
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 12:52 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: So the Bengals tag him next year and get it sorted it during next year's TC if they're feeling generous.

Reality is that there's not enough money to keep young talent. If Logan Willson balls it'll come time to pay him. We got to pay Burrow Eventually. And if Chase and Higgins ball out, then the Bengals gotta worry about paying them AND Boyd when his contract is up.

Bengals ain't keeping everyone.

Hard to believe a team that has won 6 games the last two seasons has an abundance of riches to let their 24 year old All Pro caliber safety not be a priority for an extension.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 08:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: In this day in age, everything is a bit unbelievable.

Didn't you ever play "Telephone" as a kid?  Humans are notoriously poor at accurately relaying information regardless of how much technology is involved. 
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 11:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Didn't you ever play "Telephone" as a kid?  Humans are notoriously poor at accurately relaying information regardless of how much technology is involved. 

Shut up boomer
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 09:20 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Hard to believe a team that has won 6 games the last two seasons has an abundance of riches to let their 24 year old All Pro caliber safety not be a priority for an extension.

That's no different than pointing out that our defense is trash with the one time kinda "all pro" safety.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bates quotes comes off to me as, "I'll be headed to free agency to explore options." Obviously, it's not that simple for him but as a life long Bengals fan I feel this takes a turn for the worse. I hope not. He's a great player.
Reply/Quote
MB does not value safeties or guards or LBs.

Or winning PO games.

As long as MB, Duke, and ZT are running things we have no shot. None. Getting those 3 gone (or at least 2) is a condition precedent for success.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 09:52 AM)J24 Wrote: Shut up boomer

Are we talking 80s era Boomer or early 90s on the Jets Boomer?
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 12:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are we talking 80s era Boomer or early 90s on the Jets Boomer?
Jets
Also isn't Boomer what the kids call old people now a days?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 12:55 PM)J24 Wrote: Jets
Also isn't Boomer what the kids call old people now a days?

When you're a jet, you're a jet all the way from your first cigarette to your....you know what, Westside Story is crap.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2021, 08:10 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I read that this morning and thought the samething. Unbelievable how people read something, believe it's the gospel and freak out over it. 

It isn't amazing.  That's the internet today.
Reply/Quote