Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals only team remaining still using slit-film turf in 2024 (1 of 3 right now)
Shocked 
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39160889/vikings-changing-artificial-turfs-cite-better-injury-data

"slit-film turf, which is associated with the highest rate of lower extremity noncontact injuries among the types of artificial turfs used in NFL stadiums"

Apparently will be only team still using that in the 2024 season.
Reply/Quote
It's funny you bring this up. I am doing renovations on the athletic complexes at both high schools in the district I work for. Turf nation, aka Maumee Bay turf, is putting new turf in paycore after the season ends. I was just talking with the owner today about it. They are putting in some new hybrid turf stuff that is the same as sofi stadium.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 12:35 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It's funny you bring this up. I am doing renovations on the athletic complexes at both high schools in the district I work for. Turf nation, aka Maumee Bay turf, is putting new turf in paycore after the season ends. I was just talking with the owner today about it. They are putting in some new hybrid turf stuff that is the same as sofi stadium.

So we are getting new turf then?
Reply/Quote
Good, you don't want them playing on turf that is slit.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 12:35 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: It's funny you bring this up. I am doing renovations on the athletic complexes at both high schools in the district I work for. Turf nation, aka Maumee Bay turf, is putting new turf in paycore after the season ends. I was just talking with the owner today about it. They are putting in some new hybrid turf stuff that is the same as sofi stadium.

OK that's nice! I think that article states Bengals are the only team to not change out for 2024 though, so hopefully they switch up. Burrow likes playing on turf, but he wishes everyone had the same turf (even grass fields, I think).
Reply/Quote
I am kinda partial to slit. It's fun to play on.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 09:25 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: OK that's nice! I think that article states Bengals are the only team to not change out for 2024 though, so hopefully they switch up. Burrow likes playing on turf, but he wishes everyone had the same turf (even grass fields, I think).

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2023, 05:57 PM)pally Wrote:  

Good to know hopefully it gets done
Reply/Quote
I remember this from the Titans game too.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully a logo change at mid-field comes along with it
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2023, 11:39 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Hopefully a logo change at mid-field comes along with it

The helmet should be the mid-field logo, of course white helmet on those special days.
Reply/Quote