Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals over/under odds
Looks like their win loss total is set at 6.5 for the over/under. If you had to bet a large sum if money, which way would you go?

I would take the over. I think they would've hit that over if Burrow didn't get hurt last year
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I’d go over with 17 games this year. I think they’ll be around 7-10 8-9.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I would go under I think 5-12 or 6-11 is fair.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Definitely the under. 5-6 wins is all they got.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Under 100% this team blows
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:43 PM)J24 Wrote: I would go under I think 5-12 or 6-11 is fair.

(06-29-2021, 10:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Definitely the under. 5-6 wins is all they got.

(06-29-2021, 11:22 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Under 100% this team blows

We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense
- Burrow out for 6.5 games
- Worse (on paper) coaching

Nobody is saying that we're winning 13 and going for the SB, but to say we're not going to improve 2 games with the improvements/draft that we made/had?

You guys are nuts and beyond-negative (natch). I would say moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thats a really good place to draw the line..

Just taking a look at the schedule it's pretty tough to find more than 6 wins. If I'm betting money? I go under so at least I can be happy for the team if I lose LOL
Reply/Quote
I already placed my bet for 9 wins easy, but can see 10

I put a grand down
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense

Nobody is saying that we're winning 13 and going for the SB, but to say we're not going to improve 2 games with the improvements/draft that we made/had?

You guys are nuts and beyond-negative (natch). I would say moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.
Exactly.  I expect it from outsiders but anyone following the team and looking at the games the last few years can see they were close.

I'll add injuries to that list which killed us the last few years. 
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense

I believe healthy we can be a mediocre team, maybe even good.
Reply/Quote
If Joe Burrow is as good as some of y'all think, this should be a no brainer that it's more than 6.5. Are we not enamored with Burrow now? After a few sub-par seasons the criticism will turn toward him too. Dalton was the golden boy for a few years because he made the playoffs for 5 straight years, but he never won one and then the skid happened.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
If I were to bet money about anything that occurs regarding this team it would be that at LEAST one key starter will have at LEAST one freak accident and injury before the season even starts...something like choking on a bowl of cream of wheat and injuring his vocal cords and out for the season because he can't breath well enough or something really odd..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense

With you 100%, and as hard for it is for people to grasp, that number (6.5) isn't their prediction of the Bengals season.  It is what they project will get even money on both sides.  For that reason, I am surprised it isn't even lower.  If you factor the number of actual Bengal fans that know the team and then that number drops even further when you whittle down to how many of that group places bets.  

There are a ton of folks out there that maybe only saw the Bengals early in the season when their offensive line was in shambles, and saw the defense stop virtually no one.  That is why I see the number as low, but I am actually surprised it is as high as 6.5 given how many are still likely to take the under.  Maybe some high-dollar sharps threw down a lot on the Bengals because they actually do research and know what you illustrated. 

I don't know.  As excited as I am for the upcoming season, I have more than a few concerns:

Division is LOADED
I have NO IDEA what the CBs are going to look like.  
If Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson don't take a step, it won't matter what the CBs and DL look like. 
Depth at OT very thin.
Coaching, in general.

My prediction is 10 wins, but really any win total shouldn't surprise anyone because we really have no idea what they will look like.  
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:32 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Looks like their win loss total is set at 6.5 for the over/under. If you had to bet a large sum if money, which way would you go?

I would take the over. I think they would've hit that over if Burrow didn't get hurt last year

If I were that big of a betting man, I'd probably bet the under at 5-6 wins. 

Reasons I'd do this are as follows:

- I believe the schedule is actually more difficult this year vs last year. 
- Offensive line is still a weak link on this team.  Any injuries to this line and you're back in the same situation you were last  year. 
- Defense has improved the pieces but the part that needed changed stayed the same (Lou). 
- As stated above you have new parts to the defense.  If i calculate correctly there'll probably be 2 or 3 guys from the starting defense last year on the field starting this year.  Do you really think they'll come out of the gate and be a Top 15 defense?  Guys need time to gel as unit.  
- I truly believe it'll take Burrow time to adjust when he comes back because I do not believe he'll play 1 down during the Pre-Season.  

Anyway, In my mind there's still way too many questions between depth, coaching, play calling, to take the over in Vegas. 
Reply/Quote
I think the main factor in this is Joe Burrow's development. A QB can make or break you in many close games. If you ask any football fan, who is the most important position player on the field for any given team? The answer has to be: QB
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 09:29 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I think the main factor in this is Joe Burrow's development.  A QB can make or break you in many close games.  If you ask any football fan, who is the most important position player on the field for any given team?  The answer has to be:  QB

Eaton,

You can have a great QB, but just because he's great if he's not getting good coaching then your team isn't going to be good.  

Burrow can only do so much.  I'm not a fan of Zac's offense.  He hasn't yet in 2 years shown me he can draw up consistently successful game plans for each game.  Which is why he should've hired an OC in the off season.  Callahan is OC in name only IMO. 

Again, this whole season hinges on whether Taylor and Lou's side of the balls improve.  Whether they improve as coaches.

As Marvin would always say, I see better than i hear!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:32 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Looks like their win loss total is set at 6.5 for the over/under. If you had to bet a large sum if money, which way would you go?

Under.

Zach is the HC. Lou runs the D. OL still mediocre and one injury away from terrible.

No way we beat the Browns or Ravens. Gotta go 7-6 from there with a tough schedule, ain't happening. Last year's schedule was a joke (NFC East + AFC South).
Reply/Quote

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense

1.) Burrow is coming off an injury and  It will take some time for him to get back in rhythm.

2.) Taylor and Lou are still calling the plays so how much has the coaching "improved"?

3.) The should be better than last season but that doesn't mean it will be good.  We signed a bunch of guys this year but that's what they are a bunch of guys. Outside of Bates I don't see a franchise caliber defensive player on this team.

https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 12:19 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) Burrow is coming off an injury and  It will take some time for him to get back in rhythm.

2.) Taylor and Lou are still calling the plays so how much has the coaching "improved"?

3.) The should be better than last season but that doesn't mean it will be good.  We signed a bunch of guys this year but that's what they are a bunch of guys. Outside of Bates I don't see a franchise caliber defensive player on this team.

1. lol, have you watched any videos from OTAs thus far? He did all that, BEING HELD BACK.
2. Missed assignments and being in the wrong spot, have to do with positional coaching, which is where they have been improved. Lou's calls I have no comment, but Zac's play-calling has also been overblown (on the bad end). Again, someone who is, "clueless," and, "in over their head," would never have been able to call circles around Tomlin in that Stoolers game. We made them look super-inept and unprepared.
3. That's fine; you feel that way. But objectively, Reader is a top 5 NT in the league and, objectively, by the numbers, Hendrickson had the second-most sacks in the league last year.

Be positive.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I bet $1000 on over. Joe B is worth 7 wins.
Gotta have faith.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote