Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals over/under odds
(07-05-2021, 01:29 AM)Tony Wrote: Funny , the #1 player in the NFL is a DT... Guess someone values it...  

He is a 3T not a nose tackle.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2021, 07:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That ain't nerdy; that's mature, cool and intellectual ThumbsUp

I accept and endorse this. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Definitely over.If the injury bug doesn’t hit us,we’ll make the playoffs.I believe they lost 6 games last year by less than a touchdown.Just by adding Jamaar Chase to the mix,with an improved OL gets over over that hump.Not to mention an improved defense.If you can’t see improvements in the DL,and secondary,and the OL,as opposed to last year,you better take the blinders off.Some people just enjoy being negative.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 06:41 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Some people just enjoy being negative.

Boy did they pick a doozie of a team to talk about, then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 02:33 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: I already placed my bet for 9 wins easy, but can see 10

I put a grand down

I agree. Easy money!

My bets are down as well.
Reply/Quote
Under. BRUTAL SCHEDULE.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 09:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Boy did they pick a doozie of a team to talk about, then.

I agree. Cincy is one of the few teams where the online bedwetting about team performance is actually warranted, though it is sad to see in the offseason when even Lions fans are optimistic.
Cowboys fans for example are always whining even though fanbases like ours and the Jags would trade places for a second. Ditto with the Steelers this year. A soccerfootball comparison for the Bengals would probably be Everton, years of losing after good times in the 80s and a rival constantly winning combined with bright spots in the 2000s and 2010s that failed to result in anything have embittered a fanbase deeply. The main difference is Evertonians are more loyal usually.  Ninja
Honestly, some of the negativity around the team, at least here, feels like hyperbole meant to be humorous. Some of the people on social media make me wonder why they follow the team, or sports in general really. It doesnt seem good for their mental health.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:32 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Looks like their win loss total is set at 6.5 for the over/under. If you had to bet a large sum if money, which way would you go?

I would take the over. I think they would've hit that over if Burrow didn't get hurt last year

This is a tricky one. All of their toughest non-divisional games are at home, but they have been trash on the road under ZT.

They have to hit the over for ZT to be back next season. Injuries have been brutal and already they have lost an important depth piece for the season.

If I HAD to bet a large sum of money, I would take the OVER. With how close they were last year in a lot of games (even with the injuries) I would cast my lot on injuries not being as harsh this season and go with the 7+ wins.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense
- Burrow out for 6.5 games
- Worse (on paper) coaching

Nobody is saying that we're winning 13 and going for the SB, but to say we're not going to improve 2 games with the improvements/draft that we made/had?

You guys are nuts and beyond-negative (natch). I would say moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.

Well improving 2 games is still under @ 6 games.    which is less than 6.5
Reply/Quote
Over.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 01:26 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I bet $1000 on over. Joe B is worth 7 wins.
Gotta have faith.

Good bet, we will win more than people on here think if we stay relatively healthy IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2021, 06:00 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If Joe Burrow is as good as some of y'all think, this should be a no brainer that it's more than 6.5.  Are we not enamored with Burrow now?  After a few sub-par seasons the criticism will turn toward him too.  Dalton was the golden boy for a few years because he made the playoffs for 5 straight years, but he never won one and then the skid happened.

I have no question that Burrow is as good as I think he is, it's the rest of the team that needs to take a decent step forward.

We aren't winning 7  games if our O-line gives up sacks and hits like they did last year.

We aren't winning 7 games if our defense continues to play the way they did last year.

Burrow is the least of my worries.
Reply/Quote
My heart says over.

My brain says under.

My gut says way under.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:32 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Looks like their win loss total is set at 6.5 for the over/under. If you had to bet a large sum if money, which way would you go?

I would take the over. I think they would've hit that over if Burrow didn't get hurt last year

I put down 3K for the over. I think getting Burrow back, getting Waynes and Reader back, adding Hilton and I think our draft class will do well in 2021 and beyond. Also 1 extra game. No way I thought we could beat Titans last year, we will pull some upsets in 2021 (fingers crossed).

Man, but ties scare me, 6.5 wins is a loss for me. I hate OT rules. Give me 1st team to score wins. I think they go 8-9 or 9-8.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 11:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We won 4 games (and tied 1) last year with:

- a worse oline
- worse weapons
- worse defense
- Burrow out for 6.5 games
- Worse (on paper) coaching

Nobody is saying that we're winning 13 and going for the SB, but to say we're not going to improve 2 games with the improvements/draft that we made/had?

You guys are nuts and beyond-negative (natch). I would say moronic and/or idiotic, but that's rude and I won't go that far.

I think moronic and idiotic is ok. Be brave Truck.. You have nothing to lose.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think there are enough winnable games on the schedule which is why I’m taking the over..

I’m more optimistic about this year than I have been in a while. Joe Burrow showed us things last year that I’ve only previously coveted from other great QBs on other teams. Dude is going to turn this franchise around like Mahommes and Allen have done for their teams lately.

The key will be early season success. If these guys can taste victory in weeks 1 or 2, it’ll go a long way. If we stumble into the season to 0-3 or 0-4 I think we have another disaster. Thankfully I don’t think that happens this year. Get some early wins and build the confidence.

I want to see Q1 of the Colts game be the standard. This team showed what they can do when operating on all cylinders.
Reply/Quote
I would like to add that the number is set/made so that there can be an equal amount of money bet on each side. Bottom line, getting the money bet evenly on each side is what Vegas wants and that's more important than predicting the actual win total.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2021, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well improving 2 games is still under @ 6 games.    which is less than 6.5

No it's not, It's 6.5 (I know for odds and betting purposes, it doesn't work like this, but my point stands).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote