Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals own the Eagles
Bengals have not lost to the Eagles in 20 years and have an overall .739 winning percentage against them (9-3-1).

Last time we played them (2016) we jumped out to a 29-0 lead and coasted to a 32-14 win. Dalton had 332 yards and a 130.0 passer rating. Wentz threw 3 picks and had a 58.2 rating.

The game before that (2012) we blew them out 34-13. BJGE had 134 yards from scrimmage. Eagles QB Nick Foles had only 180 passing yards and a 62.7 passer rating.

The game before that (2008) an Eagles team that would go to the NFC Championship game could not beat a Bengal team led by Ryan Fitzpatrick. Houshmandzadeh had 12 catches for 149 yards and Donovan McNabb had a 3 picks and a 50.9 passer rating in a 13-13 tie.

The game before that we blew them out 38-10. Eagles QBs Jeff Blake and Koy Detmer combined to throw 3 picks and post a 55.1 passer rating. Rudi Johnson had 124 yards from scrimmage and scored 3 tds.

Only 3 times in the entire history of the series has an Eagle QB had a passer rating higher than 70 (min 15 attempts). In 1997 Eagles QB Bobby Hoying threw 4 tds against the Bengals and still lost (42-44). In the other 12 games the Eagles have thrown 21 interceptions and only 11 tds.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have not lost to the Eagles in 20 years and have an overall .739 winning percentage against them (9-3-1).

Last time we played them (2016) we jumped out to a 29-0 lead and coasted to a 32-14 win.  Dalton had 332 yards and a 130.0 passer rating.  Wentz threw 3 picks and had a 58.2 rating.

The game before that (2012) we blew them out 34-13.  BJGE had 134 yards from scrimmage.  Eagles QB Nick Foles had only 180 passing yards and a 62.7 passer rating.

The game before that (2008) an Eagles team that would go to the NFC Championship game could not beat a Bengal team led by Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Houshmandzadeh had 12 catches for 149 yards and Donovan McNabb had a 3 picks and a 50.9 passer rating in a 13-13 tie.

The game before that we blew them out 38-10.  Eagles QBs Jeff Blake and Koy Detmer combined to throw 3 picks and post a 55.1 passer rating.  Rudi Johnson had 124 yards from scrimmage and scored 3 tds.

Only 3 times in the entire history of the series has an Eagle QB had a passer rating higher than 70 (min 15 attempts).  In 1997 Eagles QB Bobby Hoying threw 4 tds against the Bengals and still lost (42-44).  In the other 12 games the Eagles have thrown 21 interceptions and only 11 tds.

Not to mention we beat the crap out of them at the beginning of "Invincible"
Reply/Quote
The 2012 game was a, "bad Dalton," game, but Teams and Defense REALLY stepped up and dominated; still remember Marvin McNutt's feeble attempt at blocking Boom, then the even more feeble attempt at trying to recover the blocked kick.

Hoying lol what a scrub.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets have some good vibes for Sunday.. maybe Burrow can give us the 2016 Dalton performance (134 passing rating) and Wentz can repeat his 2016 performance.. then we have 1st win of the season with Jacksonville coming to our place for first home game with fans.. fight back to 2-2...
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the Bengals will take advantage of a few extra days of practice/recovery.

Can you imagine the fury of Eagles fans toward their team if they start 0-3? lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
However, Zac Taylor seems to nullify all prior advantages.

Reply/Quote
I sure hope this extra time gives us some edge.
Reply/Quote
carson wentz is going to look like a superbowl winner that everyone thinks he is capable of, against us. everyone else, looks like baker mayfield when he's not playing us.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hopefully the Bengals will take advantage of a few extra days of practice/recovery.

Can you imagine the fury of Eagles fans toward their team if they start 0-3? lol

they're already calling for wentz head, as they should.

the loud system dude played boos through the speakers during a 3rd down throwaway from wentz (at home), because philly boos their home players and he was trying to keep it realistic lol. boo'd with no crowd at home.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have not lost to the Eagles in 20 years and have an overall .739 winning percentage against them (9-3-1).

Last time we played them (2016) we jumped out to a 29-0 lead and coasted to a 32-14 win.  Dalton had 332 yards and a 130.0 passer rating.  Wentz threw 3 picks and had a 58.2 rating.

The game before that (2012) we blew them out 34-13.  BJGE had 134 yards from scrimmage.  Eagles QB Nick Foles had only 180 passing yards and a 62.7 passer rating.

The game before that (2008) an Eagles team that would go to the NFC Championship game could not beat a Bengal team led by Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Houshmandzadeh had 12 catches for 149 yards and Donovan McNabb had a 3 picks and a 50.9 passer rating in a 13-13 tie.

The game before that we blew them out 38-10.  Eagles QBs Jeff Blake and Koy Detmer combined to throw 3 picks and post a 55.1 passer rating.  Rudi Johnson had 124 yards from scrimmage and scored 3 tds.

Only 3 times in the entire history of the series has an Eagle QB had a passer rating higher than 70 (min 15 attempts).  In 1997 Eagles QB Bobby Hoying threw 4 tds against the Bengals and still lost (42-44).  In the other 12 games the Eagles have thrown 21 interceptions and only 11 tds.
Didn't we tie them once when Donovan McNabb didn't know there was such a thing as overtime?  Wasn't that the Eagles or was it when he was with Washington?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: they're already calling for wentz head, as they should.

the loud system dude played boos through the speakers during a 3rd down throwaway from wentz (at home), because philly boos their home players and he was trying to keep it realistic lol. boo'd with no crowd at home.

LOL.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is definitely a winnable game.

No excuses, we need a W here.
Reply/Quote
We're gonna get crushed. Temper expectations so I don't have to put everyone here on suicide watch again
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 06:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: they're already calling for wentz head, as they should.

Is this for real or are you BS'ing? If true, that's some hilarious stuff right there. TBH, if a QB throws away on 3rd down, fans would not cheer for him. That's a ballsy move from the sound guy.

Reply/Quote

Classic Philly
Reply/Quote
Here's the reason I think we can win this game. Our losses to SD and CLV were not blow aways and Burrow was fighting for his life. Think I read today he had an avg of 2.6 seconds to get rid of the ball. That's just downright horrible. So we saw weaknesses in the SD game that needed addressed. But we were on a plane 3 days later with no real time to address, so hopefully they are full throttle on addressing the nonsense in the first 2 games. You give Burrow some protection, get Tate in there especially once you get inside the 30 and open up some holes for Mixon? We are good.

I think how we perform Sunday will tell a lot on how good this coaching staff fixes problems. It shouldn't take 8 flippin games to address the run game like last year. Plus, Burrow hates to lose so you know he has to be up the coaches rears about things he see's and game film (incase they can't see for themselves). He needs a victory and once he get's it, he can spread that fire to the others. There's no reason our OL needs to be paid millions of dollars to be turnstiles. Heck, turnstiles would do a better job at holding back the line then these guys have the last 2. Address that stuff right there and we are back in it.

Also need to work on that defense. Damn, such high hopes gone bad quickly.

Reply/Quote
This kind of talk makes me wanna bet.
Reply/Quote

Last time we played them (2016) we jumped out to a 29-0 lead and coasted to a 32-14 win. Dalton had 332 yards and a 130.0 passer rating. Wentz threw 3 picks and had a 58.2 rating.

The game before that (2012) we blew them out 34-13. BJGE had 134 yards from scrimmage. Eagles QB Nick Foles had only 180 passing yards and a 62.7 passer rating.

The game before that (2008) an Eagles team that would go to the NFC Championship game could not beat a Bengal team led by Ryan Fitzpatrick. Houshmandzadeh had 12 catches for 149 yards and Donovan McNabb had a 3 picks and a 50.9 passer rating in a 13-13 tie.

The game before that we blew them out 38-10. Eagles QBs Jeff Blake and Koy Detmer combined to throw 3 picks and post a 55.1 passer rating. Rudi Johnson had 124 yards from scrimmage and scored 3 tds.

Only 3 times in the entire history of the series has an Eagle QB had a passer rating higher than 70 (min 15 attempts). In 1997 Eagles QB Bobby Hoying threw 4 tds against the Bengals and still lost (42-44). In the other 12 games the Eagles have thrown 21 interceptions and only 11 tds.

The Eagles are gonna beat the brakes off the Bengals on Sunday though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't we tie them once when Donovan McNabb didn't know there was such a thing as overtime?  Wasn't that the Eagles or was it when he was with Washington?

That was the 03 game that the OP mentioned when he said the Eagles couldn't beat us that year. We also couldn't beat them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:10 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: This kind of talk makes me wanna bet.

The best piece of advice I could ever give to someone is to never bet on a Bengals game.  It doesn't matter if you're betting for or against them.  They'll usually find a way to screw you.

For this same reason, I avoid Bengals players in Fantasy like the plague.  Need a big game from a Bengal on your team?  Not happening.  Opponent starting Chase Coffman and Bernard Scott? Look for a career day from both.

STAY AWAY!!!
Reply/Quote