Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals pass defense.
I have seen a lot of fans panicking over our "23rd ranked" pass defense. While I agree that we need to improve our pass defense I think some people are being a little too hard with their judgement.

Just looking at yards allowed can be deceptive. The bengals pass defense is actually top 10 or better in many important pass defense categories.

7th in interceptions
7th in fewest tds allowed
9th in fewest long completions (20+yards)
11th in pass efficiency rating.

These numbers are even more impressive when you take into account that we have only played ONE team that ranks in the bottom half of the league in pass efficiency. Four of the seven rank in the top eleven in the league, and even with the Ravens ranked at 24 our opponents average a ranking of 11.7 is pass efficiency.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen a lot of fans panicking over our "23rd ranked" pass defense.  While I agree that we need to improve our pass defense I think some people are being a little too hard with their judgement.

Just looking at yards allowed can be deceptive.  The bengals pass defense is actually top 10 or better in many important pass defense categories.

7th in interceptions
7th in fewest tds allowed
9th in fewest long completions (20+yards)
11th in pass efficiency rating.

These numbers are even more impressive when you take into account that we have only played ONE team that ranks in the bottom half of the league in pass efficiency.  Four of the seven rank in the top eleven in the league, and even with the Ravens ranked at 24 our opponents average a ranking of 11.7 is pass efficiency.

I totally agree, our D is much better than there "overall" ranking. On a side note, good lord how good is that Denver D? If Peyton is even a shadow of himself the rest of the year, they will be dangerous.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:24 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I totally agree, our D is much better than there "overall" ranking. On a side note, good lord how good is that Denver D? If Peyton is even a shadow of himself the rest of the year, they will be dangerous.

No kidding On denver.  Thats gonna be a tough out for us and the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
Denver's defense is going to be intense. I could see that as a loss. I really do.

I think we might undermine Cleveland's pass attack. They operate with the "I don't give a shit" mentality. I could see that being an issue Thursday.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:35 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Denver's defense is going to be intense. I could see that as a loss. I really do.

I think we might undermine Cleveland's pass attack. They operate with the "I don't give a shit" mentality. I could see that being an issue Thursday.

When Josh McCown is your QB, the "I don't give a shit" mentality is the way to go. He is not a methodical QB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote