Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals place Boyd, Dre K and Evans on IR
(12-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Flowers as a backup QB/RB and Perkins has looked okay when i have been able to see him.

I forgot Flowers was also a QB. We should give him the start on Sunday. Probably be better than Driskel. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember the Falcons game where Burfict did not even know where he was and the officials had to make the Bengals take him out of the game.  Then he returned just a few plays later?

They must think that concussions do not really have an effect on Vontaze.
The only way they let him on the field is if he passed the concussion protocol with all the bs about concussions they wont let anyone with symptoms play. Burfict loves to pretend to be hurt to get sympathy from fans cause he damn sure aint getting the attention he needs from good play. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep.....and there were no reports out there claiming he would be gone.  When Dave Lapham makes it a point during the radio broadcast of the Browns game to say the organization intends to let Merv have the last say......I tend to believe that Merv will have the last say. :giggle:

Lap did raise an interesting question a couple of days ago, basically wondering what Mike thinks of it being put out there 2 years in a row that Marvin would decide himself if he stays or goes.

We already know that speculation by some is that it's Marvin himself putting the rumor out there both times.

If Mike hasn't actually told Marvin that it's his decision, then MAYBE, just maybe, he'll get tired of Marvin making up his own rules and floating these rumors out there for whatever reason. 

I know I'm probably grasping at straws, but Lap's question did make me wonder...and hell, grasping at straws is all we have.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote:  Burfict loves to pretend to be hurt to get sympathy from fans.

No he doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lap did raise an interesting question a couple of days ago, basically wondering what Mike thinks of it being put out there 2 years in a row that Marvin would decide himself if he stays or goes.

We already know that speculation by some is that it's Marvin himself putting the rumor out there both times.

If Mike hasn't actually told Marvin that it's his decision, then MAYBE, just maybe, he'll get tired of Marvin making up his own rules and floating these rumors out there for whatever reason. 

I know I'm probably grasping at straws, but Lap's question did make me wonder...and hell, grasping at straws is all we have.  Whatever

I hope Lap's right.....and I think Lap hopes Lap is right.  He didn't sound very enthused when he made that revelation.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lap did raise an interesting question a couple of days ago, basically wondering what Mike thinks of it being put out there 2 years in a row that Marvin would decide himself if he stays or goes.

I'll take any straw we can get. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: If it were me, I'd pull out all of the stops in an effort to at least be competitive.  With the talent deficiency, it's what they need to do.

Yep ! Keep rolling the dice

Double reverse, fake FG, throw a double pass back to Driskel and so on. They're not going to beat Pittsburgh playing the game close to their vest. Marvin has never figured this out. Perhaps when it doesn't matter he'll pull out all the stops ?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To be fair, didn't you think PA was going to be back last Offseason Wyche?

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark..

(12-28-2018, 04:48 PM)BengalsBong Wrote:  Burfict loves to pretend to be hurt to get sympathy

What in the hell are you talking about??  Did you not see that guy play, the first 4 years of his career?  He's clearly given all that he's got, and now he just can't go anymore.

Mike's way of saying "The door's open, you can leave if you want to.".  Throwing that bit about letting it be Marvin's decision to stay or go is just Mike's way of shifting the responsibility of firing the HC on the HC, for not firing himself.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark..

LMAO   How so?  Let's see a show of hands by the folks that thought year 25 was FINALLY the year the Bungals moved on from Piano Man. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 06:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO   How so?  Let's see a show of hands by the folks that thought year 25 was FINALLY the year the Bungals moved on from Piano Man. Mellow

Alright, you got me.  I can't claim that I "knew" or even "had a dream" that indicated that the move was finally going to happen.  LOL 

Let's just hope that they put forth a serious effort to give Pollack some quality stock to work with.  He did quite well at improving the run blocking, with this rag-tag bunch they threw together this season.  Perhaps with the addition of a couple quality, solid starters, he can take them the next leg of the journey.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

What in the hell are you talking about??  Did you not see that guy play, the first 4 years of his career?  He's clearly given all that he's got, and now he just can't go anymore.

Mike's way of saying "The door's open, you can leave if you want to.".  Throwing that bit about letting it be Marvin's decision to stay or go is just Mike's way of shifting the responsibility of firing the HC on the HC, for not firing himself.
lol hahahahahahaha dude he had a few good years at the start of his career but has been pretty pathetic recently he acts hurt when he aint he runs into the smallest RB in the NFL and comes up hurt lol dirty player that cost us the first playoff win in how many years? lol hahaha the guy is a drama queen he is from cali after all. not to mention he has been juiced his whole career if the truth was known.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 06:13 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: l he acts hurt when he aint  

No he doesn't

(12-28-2018, 06:13 PM)BengalsBong Wrote:  he has been juiced his whole career if the truth was known.

No he hasn't
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Well those guys aren't playing anyways so sending them to IR and by signing the young guys to the active roster they reward those guys for being on the PS all year with a real game check versus the weekly practice squad pay which isn't nearly as much.

Yup.  The Bengals have done this for years.  Brown has even told players as much.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 06:13 PM)BengalsBong Wrote:  not to mention he has been juiced his whole career if the truth was known.

Do you have any evidence to back that claim up?  Or, are you just trying to pile on a guy while he's down and out?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 05:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What in the hell are you talking about??  Did you not see that guy play, the first 4 years of his career?  He's clearly given all that he's got, and now he just can't go anymore.

Burfict did play his ass off and was one of my favorite LB's to play stripes, he has looked a shadow of himself
this year. I think you are correct and he just cannot play at this level anymore with all he has gone through.

Loved how Burfict hated the Steelers almost as much as i do and i will always respect him for that.

I think you are probably right on both of your thoughts here. Mikey don't like to be accountable for this team
and this gives him an out. Hope Marv just leaves on his own accord if this is the case even though most wouldn't.

Free ride man, free ride.

Take it easy.

(12-28-2018, 06:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO   How so?  Let's see a show of hands by the folks that thought year 25 was FINALLY the year the Bungals moved on from Piano Man. Mellow

I am not raising my hand, you know i knew it had to happen but never thought it would, let alone getting Pollack.
Reply/Quote

We knew the microfracture surgery in the knee was going to shorten his career, but I didn't think it was going to be this quick of an end.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 10:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We knew the microfracture surgery in the knee was going to shorten his career, but I didn't think it was going to be this quick of an end.

Yeah, I guess it's an accumulative effect.  The knee, all of the concussions, the suspensions and lack of full participation, now the hip, not to mention all of the dozens of other nagging things that go along with the profession.

A shame, really.  With the right mindset, and the proper handling, he might have been a star for 10-12 years.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As far as VB goes I'm not sure he won't turn things around next season, but I'm certainly not hanging my hat on any prospects of it actually happening  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: You should be, because Merv WILL BE back.

As for the OP.....sheesh!!!!!  The hits just keep on coming.

I feel like he's in a position to either come back or leverage the Job to Hue by not deciding for so long.

Either way it's a terrible situation.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 06:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alright, you got me.  I can't claim that I "knew" or even "had a dream" that indicated that the move was finally going to happen.  LOL 

Let's just hope that they put forth a serious effort to give Pollack some quality stock to work with.  He did quite well at improving the run blocking, with this rag-tag bunch they threw together this season.  Perhaps with the addition of a couple quality, solid starters, he can take them the next leg of the journey.

I hope so too....I was just yanking yer chain ol buddy. I would have never dreamt that they finally canned the maestro, but they did!  Like I said, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the Merv rumors if not for Lap coming out and saying it. 

I think Pollack did an admirable job. How bout him getting Trey Hopkins to do a good job at C in relief? Love to see him get some quality clay to mold.

Reply/Quote