Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals ranked 16th best triple threat.
(06-05-2015, 10:15 PM)J24 Wrote: But yet you can ignore his regular season performances? 

No one said that. And if you're going to say something was implied, by reading what i posted, you should infer that i felt he was considered 10-12 because of what he did in the regular season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one said that. And if you're going to say something was implied, by reading what i posted, you should infer that i felt he was considered 10-12 because of what he did in the regular season.

You said when his weapons are healthy completely dismissing him as a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 11:52 PM)J24 Wrote: You said when his weapons are healthy completely dismissing him as a QB.

As i thought, you implied the wrong thing. 

BTW, how did he do last year when his weapons weren't healthy?

"That's a bingo!"

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
we do we have here
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 12:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As i thought, you implied the wrong thing. 

BTW, how did he do last year when his weapons weren't healthy?

"That's a bingo!"

How would any Qb do with the loss of their top weapons? Plus his team made the playoffs once again what does that show you?
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: All of them?

Well, if he's a top 5 WR in the game you'd assume at some point he would be able to "make a play" to rise above right?
Like if the QB hits him in stride down the sideline down by 10 late in the game and he drops it...or if he lets a DB repeatedly knock a ball from him in the end zone?

When Andy messes up, it's because he's incompetent...when AJ messes up, it's because everyone else. 

Top 5?

He isn't even top 10 IMO.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 09:33 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: All of them?

Well, if he's a top 5 WR in the game you'd assume at some point he would be able to "make a play" to rise above right?
Like if the QB hits him in stride down the sideline down by 10 late in the game and he drops it...or if he lets a DB repeatedly knock a ball from him in the end zone?

When Andy messes up, it's because he's incompetent...when AJ messes up, it's because everyone else. 

Top 5?

Calvin, Dez, Julio, Jordy, Em Sanders, Antonio, Demaryius, Hilton, Golden boy, ODB, Hopkins, Cobb, Mike Evans, Alshon, Maclin.......

AJ has really fallen off.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: How would any Qb do with the loss of their top weapons? Plus his team made the playoffs once again what does that show you?

That he does enough in the regular season to win 10 games a year. Since when has that been in dispute?

What has he done in prime time and the playoffs? You know...the statement i made in the beginning.

If you're happy with a winning regular season and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs, more power to you. I'm not.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That he does enough in the regular season to win 10 games a year. Since when has that been in dispute?

What has he done in prime time and the playoffs? You know...the statement i made in the beginning.

If you're happy with a winning regular season and getting bounced in the first round of the playoffs, more power to you. I'm not.

Dalton took over a team that was 4-12 the year before, and the Bengals only made it to the playoffs twice in 20 years, but under Dalton the Bengals went to the playoffs 4 years in a row. Yeah... let's get rid of that guy he seems like he's holding the team back.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That he does enough in the regular season to win 10 games a year. Since when has that been in dispute?

He's been bad in the playoffs ok got it but other Qbs have been bad in the playoffs early in there careers as well and yet still won championships in there career. Look at Joe Flaco early playoff games there subpar at best, Eli Manning is 0-3 in the playoffs besides his two super bowl seasons, Ben Rothlisburger had a qb rating of 22 in a super bowl in which his team won, and Peyton manning was 0 for his first 3 in his post season career. Point being you can have struggles in the postseason and still reach the ultimate goal of winning the super bowl. I am not satisfied at all with being one & Done in the playoffs but I am satisfied with having a good but not great Qb with a great supporting cast. That formula has been proven to work time in and time again with other teams just not us. Eventually I think we will break through and I think this could be the season.  
J24

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 03:33 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton took over a team that was 4-12 the year before, and the Bengals only made it to the playoffs twice in 20 years, but under Dalton the Bengals went to the playoffs 4 years in a row. Yeah... let's get rid of that guy he seems like he's holding the team back.

Bang Head

Some people are dopey.

Don't get mad when people give most of the blame to Andy for the primetime and playoff blunders if you're going to give Andy most of the credit for all of the winning seasons.

Can't just pick and choose when he's important and when he's not.

It's seriously like some people don't even realize how hypocritical they are on a consistent basis.
Reply/Quote

What has anyone else on this team done in the playoffs? The entire team has it's worst statistical outings in the playoffs from top to bottom it is not just the QB.

There is one sure fact though and that is if you do not make it to the playoffs then you have zero opportunity to advance in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Hill makes the list because he can set the tone for the offense. Alone.

Maybe AJ can't do that consistently with Dalton. But I believe an elite wr can work with an average qb, and carry him. Look what Gordon did in 2013. When AJ is on, he's on. When he's running his mouth and fired up (I'd welcome back the behind the back pointing post TD's AJ), he can't be stopped. It's that fire that isn't consistent. And, that can't be blamed on the qb.

AJ is a great player, our best player. I just wished he played a little more angry. Could help set the tone more often on Offense.

Hopefully having Jones back the competition will bring it out of him more this season. Seems like they got a good thing going on so far in ota's.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:51 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Top 5?

Calvin, Dez, Julio, Jordy, Em Sanders, Antonio, Demaryius, Hilton, Golden boy, ODB, Hopkins, Cobb, Mike Evans, Alshon, Maclin.......

Yeah, go ahead and momentarily smack yourself real quick.

Let's not forget what A.J. has done, which is more good than bad. He's still top 10 for sure on stats alone.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 02:51 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Top 5?

I will give AJ a pass cause of injury.

I think he will be much better this season and will regain his top 5 form if not better.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 03:33 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dalton took over a team that was 4-12 the year before, and the Bengals only made it to the playoffs twice in 20 years, but under Dalton the Bengals went to the playoffs 4 years in a row. Yeah... let's get rid of that guy he seems like he's holding the team back.

Yeah. Let's keep him and the coaching staff and go 0fer in the playoffs for the next 10 years.

Will that make you happy?

P.S. The '11 team squeaked in due to other teams losing--after they lost their finale to Balt--with a 9-7 record. 

I was happy at the time. But not so much 3 years later. 

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:07 AM)J24 Wrote: He's been bad in the playoffs ok got it but other Qbs have been bad in the playoffs early in there careers as well and yet still won championships in there career. Look at Joe Flaco early playoff games there subpar at best, Eli Manning is 0-3 in the playoffs besides his two super bowl seasons, Ben Rothlisburger had a qb rating of 22 in a super bowl in which his team won, and Peyton manning was 0 for his first 3 in his post season career. Point being you can have struggles in the postseason and still reach the ultimate goal of winning the super bowl. I am not satisfied at all with being one & Done in the playoffs but I am satisfied with having a good but not great Qb with a great supporting cast. That formula has been proven to work time in and time again with other teams just not us. Eventually I think we will break through and I think this could be the season.  

We went over this in another thread. The only QB to ever really go on to any real post season success after such a horrible start in their first 4 playoff games is Flacco. He's the only one.

Sure, there's hope. Hope doesn't get you jack squat. Especially if you're a Bengals fan.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:48 AM)OSUfan Wrote: What has anyone else on this team done in the playoffs? The entire team has it's worst statistical outings in the playoffs from top to bottom it is not just the QB.

There is one sure fact though and that is if you do not make it to the playoffs then you have zero opportunity to advance in the playoffs.

It's been an across-the-board failure for this team. The entire team as well as coaches have failed miserably (with an occasional individual exception).

I've always been one to spread the blame. Just lately, in this thread, it's been about the QB. His glaring personal failures can not be ignored.

As i've said many times; if people are happy with a successful regular season and bowing out in the first round of the playoffs every time, more power to them. 

I'm not going to sit by silently and accept that shit.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:11 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Bang Head

Some people are dopey.

Don't get mad when people give most of the blame to Andy for the primetime and playoff blunders if you're going to give Andy most of the credit for all of the winning seasons.

Can't just pick and choose when he's important and when he's not.

It's seriously like some people don't even realize how hypocritical they are on a consistent basis.

Get off my nuts bud. I only brought it up because rfaulk34 brought it up. 
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's been an across-the-board failure for this team. The entire team as well as coaches have failed miserably (with an occasional individual exception).

I've always been one to spread the blame. Just lately, in this thread, it's been about the QB. His glaring personal failures can not be ignored.

As i've said many times; if people are happy with a successful regular season and bowing out in the first round of the playoffs every time, more power to them. 

I'm not going to sit by silently and accept that shit.

Again without getting to the playoffs you have zero chance of advancing in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote