Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals ranked 16th best triple threat.
Watching a replay of the Bengals v Saints game from last year is starting to get me worked up a little bit. TY for whoever mentioned that in another post.

ThumbsUp

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 04:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Watching a replay of the Bengals v Saints game from last year is starting to get me worked up a little bit. TY for whoever mentioned that in another post.

ThumbsUp

Yeah, if we can play like that this season look out. Great game in all aspects for us against a tough team in their place.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 07:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 16) Cincinnati Bengals: Andy Dalton, Jeremy Hill & A.J. Green

Previous rank: No. 13

Green doesn't get enough credit for perpetually biting his lip when the subject of his QB's mediocrity arises. Deep down, Green no doubt knows his lofty production comes in spite of the Red Rifle, not because of it. Hill further proves Cincy's decision-makers know what they're doing at the draft.

See entire list @ NFL.COM

Agrees with my assessment pretty well. Dalton is serviceable as a QB, he's just not going to carry a team through a bad game or adversity. At least he hasn't shown he can up to this point. Maybe year 5 will be different but that's more hope than something I believe because of something tangible I can see. Wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade at the position but wouldn't mortgage the future for it.

Hill was the most consistent of the three last year. If he stays healthy he could be a force that makes Dalton's life much easier. It's tough for teams to put 8 in the box and double AJ. When we see 8 in the box, AJ or another receiver has to beat single coverage.

(06-04-2015, 07:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Uncomfortable facts:
AJ Green hasn't gone up and won a deep ball in nearly 2 years.
AJ Green has been equally as bad in the playoffs as his QB and the rest of the team.

I pin the big game and playoff implosions more on the coaches than I do Dalton or AJ Green. But the players do need to execute and they haven't. Doesn't seem to matter who the coordinators are, same result. The owner is the single constant in the NFL leading playoff drought and the owner picks the coach.

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 07:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Uncomfortable facts:
AJ Green hasn't gone up and won a deep ball in nearly 2 years.
AJ Green has been equally as bad in the playoffs as his QB and the rest of the team.

True, and true. 

I will add that AJ Green does not get separation from elite CBs.

Before everyone jumps on me as hating AJ, or thinking I want him gone it is just a matter of being realistic for what he is and not believing he is a top 5 talent at WR right now. 
Reply/Quote