Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals re-sign John Jerry
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 11:54 AM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Must not have found anything they wanted on the waiver wire for OL.
Reply/Quote
Figured this was coming when they didn't claim an OL yesterday. Let's hope he doesn't have to see the field.
Reply/Quote
Other than Matt Kalil, what other offensive linemen are available?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

This will excite the forum.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 11:59 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Figured this was coming when they didn't claim an OL yesterday. Let's hope he doesn't have to see the field.

We can dream, I am holding out hope Trent Williams joins us soon.

I also pray Glenn is back on Sunday.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Other than Matt Kalil, what other offensive linemen are available?

Nothing that I can tell. I think the rest of OTs that were cut, are PS players at best right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We can dream, I am holding out hope Trent Williams joins us soon.

I also pray Glenn is back on Sunday.

Man, I think Williams is a pipe dream. Given what the Texans just paid for Tunsil, no way we would pay that price. No way I would want them to either. 
Reply/Quote

I can hardly contain my excitement Yawn
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Dugas sucks.  He looks like a dime store Ogbuehi.

All of these O-Linemen are wastes.

If you're going to hang onto non-existent penalty machines why not give an undrafted guy who is walking the streets a chance?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It makes sense to bring back the guy that is already familiar with the scheme and that you’re comfortable with. It doesn’t make me confident in anyway especially if he has to play OT but a practice squad player or Dugas wouldn’t make me confident either.

Still can’t help but feel disappointed that they didn’t go for depth in FA during the spring even if they insisted on Hart being the RT
Reply/Quote
The Bengals better sign at least one stud , proven olinemen or its going to be another long year next year. The line this years looks like a freaking joke. Andre Smith might start at Left tackle this year for the opener. Yikes
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:31 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The Bengals better sign at least one stud , proven olinemen or its going to be another long year next year. The line this years looks like a freaking joke. Andre Smith might start at Left tackle this year for the opener. Yikes

Andre Smith is better at left tackle than he is at right tackle.
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.3c2QDo2Zj9ZgGC8zRIXKfAHaE8&pid...=281&h=188]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:31 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The Bengals better sign at least one stud , proven olinemen or its going to be another long year next year.   The line this years looks like a freaking joke.   Andre Smith might start at Left tackle this year for the opener.   Yikes

There are none available.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:31 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The Bengals better sign at least one stud , proven olinemen or its going to be another long year next year.   The line this years looks like a freaking joke.   Andre Smith might start at Left tackle this year for the opener.   Yikes

What's sad is an aging Smith is probably miles ahead of most of the O-Linemen.

I get it.  We need bodies.  We need back-ups.

These guys have a strong possibility of starting with our injury prone starters.

That's the REAL yikes!
Reply/Quote
But we, us fans knew the line was crap. All they did to improve it was draft 2 guys n sign a guy who was retired last year. Tobin sucks at his job.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: There are none available.

That’s the truth, unfortunate as it may be.

Speaking of your username, I got a new Titleist Vokey Design 58 degree sand wedge.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2019, 12:40 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: But we, us fans knew the line was crap. All they did to improve it was draft 2 guys n sign a guy who was retired last year. Tobin sucks at his job.

The Williams injury, and Price not taking the next step forward obviously threw a wrench in things.

It would have been nice to address both the OL and LB more at the draft though.

Reply/Quote