Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals reach out to NFL to open at home in 2017
(04-03-2017, 07:20 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The mindset isn't really all the different either way. Plenty of teams start off 4-2 and miss the playoffs or exit in the first round. Teams have started 2-4 and gone deep into the playoffs. I can bet almost neither of those scenarios had much to do with home vs away games also. Wouldn't it be better to significantly more home games at the end of the year anyways for those who believe in momentum? Sometimes scheduling is bad for a team. They can't make a perfect one for everyone

Please stop!  Every freaking team in the NFL has had at least 2 openers at home except for the Bengals.  This is bullshit. Anything else is being blind.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:10 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Please stop!  Every freaking team in the NFL has had at least 2 openers at home except for the Bengals.  This is bullshit. Anything else is being blind.

What would unbiased schedule makers have against the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
If it were unbiased the Bengals would get home openers about 40 to 60% of the time it would seem.

Kind of like a coin flip.

But as long as everybody gets there 8 games it should not matter that much.

It is odd though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Odd = Bullshit

Why wouldn't it be close to 50%

Twice in 12 years is more than odd.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Odd = Bullshit

40 to 60%  averages out at 50% eventually.

Agree with you completely though. It is "Bull" and as a season ticket holder would certainly like to see more.

Home openers are an electric atmosphere to attend. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:24 AM)eoxyod Wrote: What would unbiased schedule makers have against the Bengals?

Since Goodell put in place the directive for division games in the final week of the season, the Steelers have played the Browns and we have played the Ravens every year except one.  
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 10:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This isn't the home opener we're looking for.....move along.  Hilarious

This had me in tears!  Stop it!   LMAO LMAO LMAO
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 10:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: Since Goodell put in place the directive for division games in the final week of the season, the Steelers have played the Browns and we have played the Ravens every year except one.  

That's been really unfair to the Ravens
Reply/Quote
Maybe we will open with you guys. Maybe the Burger King guy will be in attendance lol. That was pretty funny when he took the ball away from Farve.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 01:16 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Odd = Bullshit

True that MBF.

Some of the conspiracy theorists have a point to argue here...
Reply/Quote
I'm predicting the Bengals are the surprise team of next year going 11-5 and winning the division.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 12:45 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I'm predicting the Bengals are the surprise team of next year going 11-5 and winning the division.

Could happen if our young LT finally comes along and protects Dalton's blindside.

I am really excited about our Defense this year. We finally let the dead weight of Peko and Maualuga go and replaced
them with young talent in Andrew Billings and veteran LB Kevin Minter. We were already a tough team to pass on, these
were two great moves that should make us even tougher.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 07:20 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The mindset isn't really all the different either way. Plenty of teams start off 4-2 and miss the playoffs or exit in the first round. Teams have started 2-4 and gone deep into the playoffs. I can bet almost neither of those scenarios had much to do with home vs away games also. Wouldn't it be better to significantly more home games at the end of the year anyways for those who believe in momentum? Sometimes scheduling is bad for a team. They can't make a perfect one for everyone

The cream rises to the top regardless of schedule. If the Bengals can't handle 4 of 6 games on the road, they're not worthy to begin with. I can see where having a home opener would be nice for fans, but for the team, it's hardly relevant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 01:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The cream rises to the top regardless of schedule. If the Bengals can't handle 4 of 6 games on the road, they're not worthy to begin with. I can see where having a home opener would be nice for fans, but for the team, it's hardly relevant.

Yes the cream does rise, but it also helps to have momentum on your side and winning a few games can help get the team that winning mindset. It's especially important when you have a lot of new pieces trying to step into starting roles. Those guys need time to gel and get working together, makes it easier if the front part of your schedule is at home and against the "easier part" then starting off on the road against playoff team after playoff team and finishing with the bad teams when it doesn't matter.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 01:58 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes the cream does rise, but it also helps to have momentum on your side and winning a few games can help get the team that winning mindset. It's especially important when you have a lot of new pieces trying to step into starting roles. Those guys need time to gel and get working together, makes it easier if the front part of your schedule is at home and against the "easier part" then starting off on the road against playoff team after playoff team and finishing with the bad teams when it doesn't matter.

That winning mindset should already be instilled in them.

If their confidence is so fragile that they need to build an early head of steam, then maybe that explains why we're not winning playoff games. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That winning mindset should already be instilled in them.

If their confidence is so fragile that they need to build an early head of steam, then maybe that explains why we're not winning playoff games. 

With Marv as HC, the team needs all the help they can get.

He doesn't instill shit.
Reply/Quote
You know come to think of it my Packers are getting the shaft. We haven't opened at home since 2012. Not anything like Cincy though it seems like the NFL favors Pittsburgh, Dallas and the Patriots scheduling wise.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2017, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could happen if our young LT finally comes along and protects Dalton's blindside.

I am really excited about our Defense this year. We finally let the dead weight of Peko and Maualuga go and replaced
them with young talent in Andrew Billings and veteran LB Kevin Minter. We were already a tough team to pass on, these
were two great moves that should make us even tougher.

I hope that improves you guys next year. Defense wins championships and If you improve that O line watch out that Lombardi will come to Cincy. You guys deserve it. Dalton's first visit to Lambeau this year, the last time you guys played here Chad Johnson did the Lambeau leap lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:22 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I hope that improves you guys next year. Defense wins championships and If you improve that O line watch out that Lombardi will come to Cincy. You guys deserve it. Dalton's first visit to Lambeau this year, the last time you guys played here Chad Johnson did the Lambeau leap lol.

Man, i wish we could get that Lombardi, problem is once you get into the Playoffs it takes more than just talented
players. Your Head Coach has to outcoach the other coach. That will never happen with Marvin Lewis here.

Sucks, but 0-7 speaks for itself. We can be a great regular season team but once we get into the Playoffs we choke.

Atleast you guys can win once you get into the Playoffs. Your coach has installed that want it more than the other
team mentality, ours never has in the big games.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, i wish we could get that Lombardi, problem is once you get into the Playoffs it takes more than just talented
players. Your Head Coach has to outcoach the other coach. That will never happen with Marvin Lewis here.

Sucks, but 0-7 speaks for itself. We can be a great regular season team but once we get into the Playoffs we choke.

Atleast you guys can win once you get into the Playoffs. Your coach has installed that want it more than the other
team mentality, ours never has in the big games.

McCarthy doesn't have a stellar playoff record though. He is 10-8 all time.
Reply/Quote