Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals reach out to NFL to open at home in 2017
(04-08-2017, 07:44 PM)packerbacker Wrote: McCarthy doesn't have a stellar playoff record though. He is 10-8 all time.

Still is a winning record, miles away from 0-7 man.

We could go 16-0 in the regular season and i would still have a hard time believing we could win in the Playoffs with Marvin Lewis.

Sad. Sad
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still is a winning record, miles away from 0-7 man.

We could go 16-0 in the regular season and i would still have a hard time believing we could win in the Playoffs with Marvin Lewis.

Sad. Sad

If you played us you might get your first win. We haven't won anything since we had a great defense. 2014 was our year but with a 19-7 lead with 2 and a half minutes ago against Seattle we choked. That still hurts. I hope your playoff record turns into a 3-7 after this season unless you play us in the SB.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:44 PM)packerbacker Wrote: McCarthy doesn't have a stellar playoff record though. He is 10-8 all time.

Anything over .500 is good, because you're going against the top teams in the NFL. Not only that, but a loss automatically ends your season. So it's hard to build up an impressive record (compared to regular season).

Mike Tomlin is "only" 8-6.
Pete Carroll is 10-7

No everyone can be 26-10 (.722) like Belichick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2017, 07:53 PM)packerbacker Wrote: If you played us you might get your first win. We haven't won anything since we had a great defense. 2014 was our year but with a 19-7 lead with 2 and a half minutes ago against Seattle we choked. That still hurts. I hope your playoff record turns into a 3-7 after this season unless you play us in the SB.

You are a classy guy PB.

Know how it feels to choke, too bad i don't know what it is like to win the whole thing like you do.

2015 was our year, then Dalton went down.

We still had the Steelers on the ropes and somehow let that elusive Playoff win get away. That killed me.

Marv kills me man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are a classy guy PB.

Know how it feels to choke, too bad i don't know what it is like to win the whole thing like you do.

We still had the Steelers on the ropes and somehow let that elusive Playoff win get away. That killed me.

cant blame 2015 steelers game on marvin... Not sure how we broke down in the last minute probly because the defense thought they had already won the game once.   Its just bengals luck
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant blame 2015 steelers game on marvin... Not sure how we broke down in the last minute probly because the defense thought they had already won the game once.   Its just bengals luck

Can't blame Marvin for lack of discipline? And this coming from me who soley blames Hill for fumbling that game away
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 03:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Anything over .500 is good, because you're going against the top teams in the NFL. Not only that, but a loss automatically ends your season. So it's hard to build up an impressive record (compared to regular season).

Mike Tomlin is "only" 8-6.
Pete Carroll is 10-7

No everyone can be 26-10 (.722) like Belichick.

Cool thing my Uncle told me last night. My Cousin went to college at Wisconsin Lutheran with your O line mans brother. His name was Zitale or something like that but can't find him on your roster right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2017, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are a classy guy PB.

I felt that loss too brother. That game hurt a lot. If Hill hangs onto the ball you win easily. I was hurting as well after that game for you guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 06:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: cant blame 2015 steelers game on marvin... Not sure how we broke down in the last minute probly because the defense thought they had already won the game once.   Its just bengals luck

I believe you make your own luck and Marv was a big time reason for that loss as he has been the main reason
in every loss we have had under him in the playoffs. This is no coincidence that his teams always choke in the
Playoff spotlight in different ways.

(04-10-2017, 06:08 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Can't blame Marvin for lack of discipline? And this coming from me who soley blames Hill for fumbling that game away

Yep, blame can be spread around here but in the end he is the Head Coach once again.

(04-11-2017, 11:31 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I felt that loss too brother. That game hurt a lot. If Hill hangs onto the ball you win easily. I was hurting as well after that game for you guys.

Cannot make that stuff up. Cry
Reply/Quote