Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals record prediction for 2015
(10-06-2015, 11:59 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: You're being silly.  The Bengals have looked great, but numerous other teams have also looked great.  The Ravens game was close because the the score reflected the way the game progressed.

I guess you need to rewatch the game because it was almost a blow out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you need to rewatch the game because it was almost a blow out.

Until it ceased to be a blowout and became close.  In part due to the Bengals making mistakes irrelevant to the referees.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:05 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I guess you need to rewatch the game because it was almost a blow out.

I'm not really sure if you're maybe thinking about a game against the Chargers from a different year, or maybe the game against the Raiders this year, but the Bengals vs. Chargers game this season was not an "almost blowout".  It was a 24-19 game that the Chargers could have won if not for a timely Vinny Rey INT.  They also put up nearly the same amount of yards.

You have a strange definition of "blowout".

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092002/2015/REG2/chargers@bengals
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:11 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm not really sure if you're maybe thinking about a game against the Chargers from a different year, or maybe the game against the Raiders this year, but the Bengals vs. Chargers game this season was not an "almost blowout".  It was a 24-19 game that the Chargers could have won if not for a timely Vinny Rey INT.  They also put up nearly the same amount of yards.

You have a strange definition of "blowout".

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092002/2015/REG2/chargers@bengals

We missed an easy FG, and the first Hill fumble really wasn't a fumble. It could have been easily 31-19 if the game was officiated properly.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:23 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: We missed an easy FG, and the first Hill fumble really wasn't a fumble. It could have been easily 31-19 if the game was officiated properly.

....and if Philip Rivers wouldn't have thrown that last interception, they could have driven down the field and won by a couple points, but football isn't a "what if" game.  Hard to call an almost-loss a blowout, right?

And that was definitely a fumble. Stop blaming the refs.

There will be no way that you can twist things that will make your argument that this game was a blowout any more realistic
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: ....and if Philip Rivers wouldn't have thrown that last interception, they could have driven down the field and won by a couple points, but football isn't a "what if" game.  Hard to call an almost-loss a blowout, right?

And that was definitely a fumble. Stop blaming the refs.

There will be no way that you can twist things that will make your argument that this game was a blowout any more realistic

Because a knee being down and then the ball comes out is a fumble right?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 12:55 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Because a knee being down and then the ball comes out is a fumble right?

If that's what you need to say to justify your calling this game a "blowout", sure.  Here's the video.  It's too close to call, and given the call on the field was a fumble, that's how it rightfully stood.  Would you still be calling him down if he were a chargers player though? Doubtful.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092002/2015/REG2/chargers@bengals/videos/0ap3000000534061
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2015, 01:10 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If that's what you need to say to justify your calling this game a "blowout", sure.  Here's the video.  It's too close to call, and given the call on the field was a fumble, that's how it rightfully stood.  Would you still be calling him down if he were a chargers player though? Doubtful.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092002/2015/REG2/chargers@bengals/videos/0ap3000000534061

I said that the KC fumble wasn't a fumble, so what's your point? At one angle you can clearly see his knee hit and then he switches directions falling, and then the ball comes out.
Reply/Quote
13-3 seems like a logic record for this team at this time.

Sorry i waited so long to predict it. I think we might lose to the Bills, Broncos and Steelers.
Reply/Quote
I think that the Browns muster one win against the Bengals because they seem to do it every year (at least for the last three). The Steelers should find a way to win one of the games, too. This leaves the games in Arizona against the Cardinals (why the H isn't it the RoadRunners?), in Buffalo against the supposedly good Bills, and in Denver against Forehead Boy as also possible losses. Games against the Texans and the Seahawks can go either way, so this would make it 12-4 best case and 10-6 worst case for me.
Reply/Quote