Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals resign Gilberry
(03-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There is...but that would mess with the Comp picks  Hilarious Hilarious

wait...

that's not funny, it's sad. 

On a serious note, yes there are several out there that could compete but there is no chance they will admit they made a mistake with Fisher or Ced and certainly not Bodine. These are PA's boys and he's going to shove them down our throat even if we don't like it. 

Meanwhile, Mangold is still sitting out there able to come in and compete with Bodine or at least teach the kid about the position.

Maybe, just maybe there is a reason that Mangold is still out there?  Possibly, maybe?  Possible that 32 NFL teams know more than you or I do?
Reply/Quote
Gilberry seems like he gets pressure and those few sacks at critical moments.

His stats ain't great but certainly resigning him isn't the worst news.

Meanwhile Rey stays on payroll so...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm blaming Jim O. for this!  Way to go Jim. Write a thoughtful piece and include Gilberry in it and next thing you know he's back.

[Image: Personnages-celebres-Troll-face-I-m-Watc...139863.png]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:04 PM)Crowe Wrote: It's a typical Bengals move. I'm not a fan of Gilberry as he's been mediocre to bad the last few seasons. 2.5 sacks in 5 games isn't good when considering I believe 2 of those came in one game. For what's it's worth hopefully it's only for training camp as this team sorely needs new young "GOOD" pass rushers, not washed up mediocre ones.

you can;t cherry pick one game over five... other players do the same.. average out, he would have around 7 sacks in a season.. i have no problem signing him as a backup.. we know he is a solid steady player.. i rather have him on line next year than a 3/5 round unknown DE.. we know they will probably pick a DE in first three rounds.. that gives them flex to pick a RB etc in 3-5 round
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 07:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t cherry pick one game over five... other players do the same.. average out, he would have around 7 sacks in a season.. i have no problem signing him as a backup.. we know he is a solid steady player.. i rather have him on line next year than a 3/5 round unknown DE.. we know they will probably pick a DE in first three rounds.. that gives them flex to pick a RB etc in 3-5 round

If were competing for a title of course

But were knee deep in a rebuild that the FO wont acknowledge

Id rather have a young draft pick seeing time
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 03:57 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Had 2.5 sacks in 5 games with Bengals in 2016-17.

Discuss.

Gilberry knows the defense and he plays well in our rotation.

Can Clarke beat him out in the rotation?

This signing will make it easier for the team select TE Howard with the #9 pick.

Reply/Quote
I like Wally G. I think he's a great locker room guy. He's funny if you ever listen to his interviews. Not quite like Bobby Williams was, but funny. As far as his performance goes, I think he's got that motor thing going on. He gets after it. There are better guys than him, of course, but he's pretty decent as a back up.

With Geno, Hardison, Thompson, Billings, and Sims(?), I think he fits in ok. Both Hardison and Thompson have missed so much time, it's hard to tell what kinds of players they are at this level. But we drafted them, so, hey. What can you do? We do work hard to develop the players we draft. We just don't always re-sign them when it works (Zeitler). Gilberry has at least shown a degree of dependability.

Still, if we can get a Malik McDowell or a Montavious Adams or Nazir Jones in this draft, it wouldn't hurt to try to improve the interior of the DLine.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 04:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thank goodness. Had no idea how we would replace the 6 sacks he has provided in the last 3 years. I was affraid we would upgrade at the DE spot.

With Winston Peerman and Gilberry locked up we have 3 of our roster spots locked up by shitty old players not good enough to start who are on the decline. Solid roster building moves by Marvin and Co.

I giggled way too hard at this. We're definitely super bowl bound now.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 07:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t cherry pick one game over five... other players do the same.. average out, he would have around 7 sacks in a season.. i have no problem signing him as a backup.. we know he is a solid steady player.. i rather have him on line next year than a 3/5 round unknown DE.. we know they will probably pick a DE in first three rounds.. that gives them flex to pick a RB etc in 3-5 round

I highly doubt he would have picked up 7 sacks if he played throughout the whole season. He's never been that good and while he had a solid 2 year stretch for us, it's time to move on. We need young athletic playmakers, not mediocre over-the-hill, bottom of the barrel free agents. For what it's worth Clarke played ok till Gilberry came in and took his snaps. This team has a bad habit of holding onto players they should let ride off into the sunset. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2017, 10:55 PM)Crowe Wrote: I highly doubt he would have picked up 7 sacks if he played throughout the whole season. He's never been that good and while he had a solid 2 year stretch for us, it's time to move on. We need young athletic playmakers, not mediocre over-the-hill, bottom of the barrel free agents. For what it's worth Clarke played ok till Gilberry came in and took his snaps. This team has a bad habit of holding onto players they should let ride off into the sunset. 

But at the same time has an issue with letting good talent walk for NOTHING.

lol this team is so confusing
Reply/Quote