Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals resigning Peerman.
Dear Rex,

Thanks for taking that offer with New England. I owe you one.

Best Regards,

Ced
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
what?

screw Peerman, he's good, we kept him on, time to go, $$
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2017, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not going to complain one bit, over the Bengals re-signing Peerman.  Once the details are released, I'm betting it's for the Vet minimum, or close to it.  Peerman is one of those core type of guys that every team needs to have around.  He busts his ass to stay on the roster via Special Teams, likely fully realizes that he is completely impotent as far as carrying the ball goes, but keeps his head held high and plays his ass off.

Sure, I'll miss Rex being on the roster, as we always knew to expect 100% effort whenever he had the chance to play.  However, some of you might remember a thread that I made late this season.  Sure, Rex looked fresh and energetic, coming off the bench.  Now that he will be "the man", as the Patriots don't pay RBs 3M to sit and wait for someone to get hurt, it is much tougher to maintain that status.  Yes, Rex is still young enough to flip his metabolism into full time duty, but the season will take a toll.  Injuries happen to fatigued athletes.  I believe that the Bengals were smart to not offer Rex 3M, that money will be better spent on a rookie.

Spot on Sunset, no reason to complain about bringing Peerman back. Would i of rather had Rex, of course, but he wasn't
coming back with the way the team handled things. Burkhead fits perfectly in New England and they will give him the playing
time he deserves and will become a star IMHO.

Just bring in Mangold and cut Maualuga and i think most of us would be happy.
Reply/Quote