Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(04-03-2024, 09:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Let me guess when the Bengals drafted Tee you didn't like the selection? You know Tee Higgins has no control 
Vs what defenses he has to line up against. You sure 
Are trying your best to discredit Tee for his production without Chase in the lineup. Tell me what other WR on 
The Bengals could duplicate Higgins numbers if 
Hypothetically they had to be the number #1 in those 
5 games ? Tee Higgins has done pretty darn good 
Considering he has to play in a offense that times 
Is limited by the lack of ingenuity and predictable schematics laid out by ZT. I think his best football 
Is ahead of him as he is only 25 years old 

It's ok to not wanna lock up Higgins for over 20 million per year, but I don't get how some are just acting like he's this guy that's always hurt, and isn't a VERY capable NFL WR... And to answer your question; not a single guy on this roster can step up like Tee should Ja'Marr go down for a stretch. This Jones and Iosivas stuff cracks me up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Something like this may have already been mentioned, only read the last 3 or 4 so pages outta 15, but...

Thoughts on Tee, pick 18, and our 3rd round comp for Cards' pick at 4 to grab Harrison?

Would yall like that trade or is that too much even for a player like MHJ? And do you think Arizona at least considers that offer?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 12:32 AM)Esc33 Wrote: Something like this may have already been mentioned, only read the last 3 or 4 so pages outta 15, but...

Thoughts on Tee, pick 18, and our 3rd round comp for Cards' pick at 4 to grab Harrison?

Would yall like that trade or is that too much even for a player like MHJ? And do you think Arizona at least considers that offer?

Arizona would be stupid to make that trade. MHJ on a rookie contract or 25 mil/yr Higgins...
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 01:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Arizona would be stupid to make that trade. MHJ on a rookie contract or 25 mil/yr Higgins...

Yeah was gonna argue they had plenty of space but guess the 50+ mil cap space I was looking at was before the start of FA. Think they're down to 11 mil now... 

Figured it'd be worth consideration to round out your team better with this stacked class if you had the space to bring on Tee but nevermind lol
Reply/Quote
buffalo needs a WR not sure they could afford Tee though
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:35 PM)jason Wrote: It's ok to not wanna lock up Higgins for over 20 million per year, but I don't get how some are just acting like he's this guy that's always hurt, and isn't a VERY capable NFL WR... 

Recency bias...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yates has us taking lsu WR Brian Thomas at 18.

And not trading Tee. IMO that would be moronic.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 09:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Let me guess when the Bengals drafted Tee you didn't like the selection? You know Tee Higgins has no control 
Vs what defenses he has to line up against. You sure 
Are trying your best to discredit Tee for his production without Chase in the lineup. Tell me what other WR on 
The Bengals could duplicate Higgins numbers if 
Hypothetically they had to be the number #1 in those 
5 games ? Tee Higgins has done pretty darn good 
Considering he has to play in a offense that times 
Is limited by the lack of ingenuity and predictable schematics laid out by ZT. I think his best football 
Is ahead of him as he is only 25 years old 

Whaaaaatttt? I don't feel that way at all and I'm happy Tee is on the team. I'm just saying I don't think he shines so brightly elsewhere. Tee has a certain dollar amount he believes he's worth but the Bengals disagree. How often do we see great players leave their team thinking the grass will be greener and they disappoint? I feel this may be one of those situations is all I'm trying to say.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 12:32 AM)Esc33 Wrote: Something like this may have already been mentioned, only read the last 3 or 4 so pages outta 15, but...

Even if Arizona had the cap space, I doubt Arizona would consider it seriously. If you use the approximate point values for draft picks, pick #4 is worth 1800 points. For the Bengals, #18 and #97 are worth 900 and 112 respectively. That means you still have a gap of 788 points, which is roughly worth pick #22. Is Tee that valuable? I don't personally think so, not now that he is off his rookie contract. 

In all seriousness, to move up to #4, you're probably looking at Tee, #18, and 2025 first. Or Tee, #18, #49 and #97.
Reply/Quote

to move up that far would cost us more picks likely an additional 1 or 2 the next year as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 09:34 AM)JAllenJ Wrote: Yates has us taking lsu WR Brian Thomas at 18.

And not trading Tee.  IMO that would be moronic.

They could do it as a way of getting that 3rd Starting wide receiver on the Team as Boyd departs in 2024 

and Plan on Brian Thomas JR replacing TEE in 2025.

They may actually do this and having Chase, TEE & Brian Thomas Jr on the field at the same time could be Fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:05 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whaaaaatttt? I don't feel that way at all and I'm happy Tee is on the team. I'm just saying I don't think he shines so brightly elsewhere. Tee has a certain dollar amount he believes he's worth but the Bengals disagree. How often do we see great players leave their team thinking the grass will be greener and they disappoint? I feel this may be one of those situations is all I'm trying to say.

My apologies.  I was In the wrong
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 10:05 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Whaaaaatttt? I don't feel that way at all and I'm happy Tee is on the team. I'm just saying I don't think he shines so brightly elsewhere. Tee has a certain dollar amount he believes he's worth but the Bengals disagree. How often do we see great players leave their team thinking the grass will be greener and they disappoint? I feel this may be one of those situations is all I'm trying to say.

I am not necessarily the biggest fan of the Franchise Tag, but a good thing about it is that Tee has one year to prove to the world that he's worth as much as he thinks he is. So it may not be an ideal situation for the Bengals but they are for sure going to get 100 percent effort from him every play, every game. So hopefully it will work out for all sides. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Let's just forget Tee staying so long as his agent is Mulugheta. Mulugheta's track record is his clients change teams almost always to get the biggest bag. So just assume he's gone when the Tag no longer applies.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:30 PM)jason Wrote: Arthur Smith was definitely a questionable HC in Atlanta, but he was hamstrung by horrible QB play. The Steelers will definitely run a lot, but don't forget that Ryan Tannehill has his greatest success in the in NFL with Smith as his OC... At any rate Smith is a huge upgrade from Matt Canada, and either Fields or Wilson will be better than anything they've had since before Ben Roethlisberger's last season.

All true, great points as usual Jason. Damn!  Whatever  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 12:41 PM)depthchart Wrote: They could do it as a way of getting that 3rd Starting wide receiver on the Team as Boyd departs in 2024 

and Plan on Brian Thomas JR replacing TEE in 2025.

They may actually do this and having Chase, TEE & Brian Thomas Jr on the field at the same time could be Fun to watch.

That would make for some nightmarish matchup issues when the Bengals are in 4WR sets.  Put Higgins at X, Thomas at Z and then have Chase and Gesiski both at slot. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:35 PM)jason Wrote: It's ok to not wanna lock up Higgins for over 20 million per year, but I don't get how some are just acting like he's this guy that's always hurt, and isn't a VERY capable NFL WR... And to answer your question; not a single guy on this roster can step up like Tee should Ja'Marr go down for a stretch. This Jones and Iosivas stuff cracks me up.

Tee is very capable when healthy.

He is just coming off of an injury riddled season and this is a fact in a what have you done for me lately NFL.

Very true, no single guy on this roster that we know of can step up in the absence of Ja'Marr like Tee would.

I think Iosivas could on down the line, but he has a lot to iron out. Chuck Sizzle is a Slot WR and Returner, not an outside WR like Tee.

(04-04-2024, 09:34 AM)JAllenJ Wrote: Yates has us taking lsu WR Brian Thomas at 18.

And not trading Tee.  IMO that would be moronic.

Eh, would I rather trade Tee and free up that cap for all involved? Yes of course, but it wouldn't be a bad thing for Brian Thomas Jr to 
learn from Tee who is the same size for a year. I would say the WR corp is really improved over Chase, Higgins and Boyd with the legit 
speed of Thomas in the fold.

Same way I feel Harley, well said. Don't think Impactplaya meant what he said there to you as he apologized.

(04-04-2024, 01:10 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: I am not necessarily the biggest fan of the Franchise Tag, but a good thing about it is that Tee has one year to prove to the world that he's worth as much as he thinks he is. So it may not be an ideal situation for the Bengals but they are for sure going to get 100 percent effort from him every play, every game. So hopefully it will work out for all sides. 

It isn't ideal for Tee to be on the Tag that is for sure, but we are in a lot better situation than the Bills were and are having to trade Diggs
while eating 30+ million. We are in a good situation whether we trade Tee or not even if I would prefer to trade Tee and that dough for a 
replacement that could get around 700-800 yards and 6 or 7 TD's which is my prediction for Tee's production this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 02:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That would make for some nightmarish matchup issues when the Bengals are in 4WR sets.  Put Higgins at X, Thomas at Z and then have Chase and Gesiski both at slot. 

And Burrow gets to be the one choosing who to throw to.

Should blow some Teams out and always have a chance to come from behind in games.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: And Burrow gets to be the one choosing who to throw to.

Should blow some Teams out and always have a chance to come from behind in games.

Gotta say, that looks pretty exciting... Cool
Reply/Quote
I think it is VERY unlikely we take a WR2/WR3 type at #18. There is good value day 2 if we don't just roll with Jones in Boyd's spot.

It could be our highest pick in a decade. Using it on WR3 is just not wise, IMHO when we have more pressing needs (RT, DT/NT, CB1/4).

Higgins is here. So you are talking WR3 at #18. That is WAY too high. You can always get WR2 types late first/early 2nd if we need one next year or when Tee leaves.

Top end OTs/DTs/CBs are rarer late first or on Day 2.

Plus, we can trade Tee next year & sign JJ to replace him. Wink.
Reply/Quote