Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bengals say willing to trade Higgins for right offer,
(04-01-2024, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To think Tee is going to be a 1,300 yard Receiver this year is a little out there to me after what he did last season.

Tee isn't the problem on Offense at all, never said that. He just isn't going to be here forever and with him requesting a trade he may 
not even be happy here while on the Tag. I think it is best for all involved to trade Tee and get something for him while freeing up that
Tag money IMO.

Without Tyler Boyd, 1,300 yards is a lot more likely than 656 (last years production).

His career high in yards is 1,091…. You HAVE to put $100 on the over or under. Which one are you taking?

Last season was bad on so many levels, Joe burrows injuries, tees injuries, backup qb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Without Tyler Boyd, 1,300 yards is a lot more likely than 656 (last years production).

His career high in yards is 1,091…. You HAVE to put $100 on the over or under.  Which one are you taking?  

Last season was bad on so many levels, Joe burrows injuries, tees injuries, backup qb.

I would take the over 656 yards with Tee this year for sure. But isn't saying much and I don't see him ever getting 1,300 yards here
with Ja'Marr Chase as the main guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Without Tyler Boyd, 1,300 yards is a lot more likely than 656 (last years production).

His career high in yards is 1,091…. You HAVE to put $100 on the over or under.  Which one are you taking?  

I don't agree with posters playing the "Tee will tank the season if he stays on the tag" card.

I wish the Bengals could come up with a long-term contract for Tee but takes 2 to get it done. If not, I like a team with Chase, Tee, Gesicki, Moss, Brown, Yoshi, Irwin and Jones and that is with no draft picks factored into the 2024 roster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't agree with posters playing the "Tee will tank the season if he stays on the tag" card.

I wish the Bengals could come up with a long-term contract for Tee but takes 2 to get it done. If not, I like a team with Chase, Tee, Gesicki, Moss, Brown, Yoshi, Irwin and Jones and that is with no draft picks factored into the 2024 roster.

It would make no sense for Higgins to tank the season if he stays tagged.

If he does that, he would damn near ruin any chance of getting a good payday from any team in FA.
It would show them either A) he's not good enough to be a WR1-caliber guy, or B) he has attitude problems.

It would be in his best interest to try to ball out while on the tag and drive up his price tag even further.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't agree with posters playing the "Tee will tank the season if he stays on the tag" card.

I don't think he would tank on the Tag, just that he won't be happy on it and the fact is he has been banged up a lot and could miss time.

(04-01-2024, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would make no sense for Higgins to tank the season if he stays tagged.

If he does that, he would damn near ruin any chance of getting a good payday from any team in FA.
It would show them either A) he's not good enough to be a WR1-caliber guy, or B) he has attitude problems.

It would be in his best interest to try to ball out while on the tag and drive up his price tag even further.

True, he won't intentionally tank, no way. Playing not to get hurt though is a bit of a possibility.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think he would tank on the Tag, just that he won't be happy on it and the fact is he has been banged up a lot and could miss time.

True, he won't intentionally tank, no way. Playing not to get hurt though is a bit of a possibility.

I think some have PTSD from 2018 2020 when AJ Green was tagged and put up just 47-523-2 across 16 games.
But Green was 32 years old and hadn't played in 1.5 seasons going into 2020.

I think even if Higgins were to play a little more cautious this season to try to preserve his health, he should still be able to put up 700-800 yards.
And as much as some may not agree, that can be ok as the 2nd or 3rd option in a passing attack.
I'd hope that if that's his stat range though, we see a slot receiver and/or TE getting more targets and be more productive in turn.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It would make no sense for Higgins to tank the season if he stays tagged.

I agree that Higgins will see it in his best interest to play well, however, there will probably be that small seed

of Mental Space that TEE will have in his head about the issue of being forced to play & postponing the BIG Payday.

A small Mental Flame that TEE's Agent may have an influence on for better or worse.

Will they see the Tag as Just Business & it does not seep into his play on the field or attitude if injured or if he has a bad game

or is not targeted enough in a game to get Stats ?

Will they see being Tagged as Disrespect or being held Hostage ?  

Will TEE worry about being Tagged again in 2025 while playing in 2024 ?

That Seed can lay dormant or Sprout but I think it will be in the back of TEE's mind for most of the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think some have PTSD from 2018 when AJ Green was tagged and put up just 47-523-2 across 16 games.

I think even if Higgins were to play a little more cautious this season to try to preserve his health, he should still be able to put up 700-800 yards.
And as much as some may not agree, that can be ok as the 2nd or 3rd option in a passing attack.
I'd hope that if that's his stat range though, we see a slot receiver and/or TE getting more targets and be more productive in turn.

AJ Green got hurt in 2018. And then Dalton got hurt the next game or 2 games later

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think he would tank on the Tag, just that he won't be happy on it and the fact is he has been banged up a lot and could miss time.

If he misses time again this season with another injury he would hurt himself as a free agent next year.  There are already questions about Tee's health and it doesnt appear too many teams are interested in paying Tee a big contract now.  If he gets hurt again or even tweaks something and sits out, teams are going to look at that as he is fragile and will be even less likely to give him a big contract next year.  If Tee wants paid next year, he needs to give it everything he's got and act like its a contract year because it is.  Teams will be watching to see what kind of numbers Tee puts up or if he is injured.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: AJ Green got hurt in 2018. And then Dalton got hurt the next game or 2 games later

2020 then. Whatever year it was he played on the tag.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think some have PTSD from 2018 2020 when AJ Green was tagged and put up just 47-523-2 across 16 games.

Yeah, I definitely do have a bit of that PTSD lol

It is different with the age and yes I believe Tee should put up like you say around 700-800 yards and around 6 or 7 TD's.

But now a days a rookie can do this as well and if Tee does get injured a bunch again that is a lot of money to be paying out while a rookie 
would be much cheaper. Not a sure thing of course, but I would be willing to gamble on a rookie in this stacked WR class.

(04-01-2024, 05:22 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If he misses time again this season with another injury he would hurt himself as a free agent next year.  There are already questions about Tee's health and it doesnt appear too many teams are interested in paying Tee a big contract now.  If he gets hurt again or even tweaks something and sits out, teams are going to look at that as he is fragile and will be even less likely to give him a big contract next year.  If Tee wants paid next year, he needs to give it everything he's got and act like its a contract year because it is.  Teams will be watching to see what kind of numbers Tee puts up or if he is injured.

All true. If Tee can finally stay healthy for an entire season and have his best season yet more power to him and I hope he gets a big 
contract somewhere else afterwards. But I am not betting on it after last season and the hammy problems.
Reply/Quote
Tee only made 4 million in 2023.
Tee Higgins WR $2,993,000 $969,416 - - - - - ($969,416) $3,962,416

He will get a 500% increase if he plays on the tag.

Why would the Bengals tag him and pay him almost 22 million dollars if they have a concern with his hammy or injury history.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 06:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Tee only made 4 million in 2023.
Tee Higgins WR $2,993,000 $969,416 - - - - - ($969,416) $3,962,416

He will get a 500% increase if he plays on the tag.

Why would the Bengals tag him and pay him almost 22 million dollars if they have a concern with his hammy or injury history.

Cause he is a damn good player when he is healthy, that is why.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 06:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I definitely do have a bit of that PTSD lol

It is different with the age and yes I believe Tee should put up like you say around 700-800 yards and around 6 or 7 TD's.

But now a days a rookie can do this as well and if Tee does get injured a bunch again that is a lot of money to be paying out while a rookie 
would be much cheaper. Not a sure thing of course, but I would be willing to gamble on a rookie in this stacked WR class.

All true. If Tee can finally stay healthy for an entire season and have his best season yet more power to him and I hope he gets a big 
contract somewhere else afterwards. But I am not betting on it after last season and the hammy problems.
700-800 yds and 6 or 7 TDs are not #1 Wr numbers.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 07:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: 700-800 yds and 6 or 7 TDs are not #1 Wr numbers.

Bengals don't need another WR1 though. They just need a WR2.
Higgins if he plays his full self should get ~1000 yards.
If he tries to play safe to avoid injury, he'll be more in the traditional WR2 numbers, I think.

People talk like the WR opposite of Chase has be a 1000+ yard WR, but they could always feature the TE or slot WR more in the offense, which would thereby diminish the need for a stud outside WR opposite Chase.
A good offensive playcaller should be able to tweak the playbook enough to feature the best players available on the field that they have.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I suspect that their plan is slot will be Gesicki and Chuck Sizzle splitting time and Sample at TE.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 10:14 AM)Joelist Wrote: I suspect that their plan is slot will be Gesicki and Chuck Sizzle splitting time and Sample at TE.

Im not sold on C . Sizzle in slot....seems a bit frail to take the hits. I hope I'm wrong but I would love to see another Slot WR brought in through draft or FA. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 10:38 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Im not sold on C . Sizzle in slot....seems a bit frail to take the hits. I hope I'm wrong but I would love to see another Slot WR brought in through draft or FA. 

Is Boyd coming back on a reduced 1 year deal starting to make sense?

Hunter renfrow could also be another option to open up the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 10:38 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Im not sold on C . Sizzle in slot....seems a bit frail to take the hits. I hope I'm wrong but I would love to see another Slot WR brought in through draft or FA. 

DeVonta Smith is 6'0" 170 lbs.
He's missed a total of 1 game across 3 seasons.

Let's not give Jones the frail label just yet because he missed 6 games as a rookie.
I'd like to see how Jones performs this year and even next before making him out to be another John Ross in regard to durability.

Jones can always be moved more outside and put someone else inside too.

Even so, Bengals have Irwin and Iosivas too to weave into the lineup.
It isn't Jones or bust as the 3rd receiver.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: DeVonta Smith is 6'0" 170 lbs.
He's missed a total of 1 game across 3 seasons.

Let's not give Jones the frail label just yet because he missed 6 games as a rookie.
I'd like to see how Jones performs this year and even next before making him out to be another John Ross in regard to durability.

Jones can always be moved more outside and put someone else inside too.

Even so, Bengals have Irwin and Iosivas too to weave into the lineup.
It isn't Jones or bust as the 3rd receiver.

Shhhh. That flies in the face of the chicken little crowd around these parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote