Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The one reason why I hate the Draft
(04-28-2016, 04:32 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: I don't think the players are being booed. I think it's the teams.

Personally I would like to see the league move the draft to a different NFL city each year instead of always NYC or (lately) Chicago. Make it even more accessible to the fans.

The plan was to start moving it around after last year, but no one really stepped up, so that's why they're back in Chicago. As of right now, Philly and LA are the front runners for next year's draft.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I have four reasons to hate it...

1. The shit takes FOREVER now. They made it a prime time event and decided that meant they needed to drag it out to as many hours/days as possible.

2. I have to see Goodell's face.

3. Mike Mayock REALLY likes nearly all the guys drafted. There's a ton of special players/his guys.

4. They love to go to commercial break during the Bengals' picks. I still remember I think it was Margus Hunt's pick wasn't even televised. They missed it entirely because they were busy talking about Geno Smith drafted/Mark Sanchez potentially benched, or something. I had to look online to find out the pick. Keep in mind Hunt was picked 14 picks after Smith. Wasn't a mistake they chose to talk over the Bengals 2nd round pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The draft gets huge ratings and last year over 100,000 people were onsite in Chicago, and it looks like this year will be even bigger. In fact, the first big sign that football replaced baseball as the national sport was a few years back when the draft got higher ratings than all the professional sports events of the other sports.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its dumb.. Think about it... If you were one of those kids on probably one of the most important days of your life, would you really want a bunch of turd fans booing you if you get picked by a team. I know its about the money, but there needs to be some boundaries set.

They arent really booing the player.. their booing the team itself... heck when in new york they boo'ed their own teams just because its what they do.

But if a team makes what the fans in attendance think is a boo headed pick they will let it be known.

As for attending the draft itself maybe day 1 or day 2 but none of that day 3 lol
Reply/Quote
Never understood the appeal of it. Wake me when it's over with a list of who we took and I'll pay attention then.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Prime example of Jdawg's post. WTF is it taking the Rams 10 minutes to make the 1st pick? Are they having second thoughts? Do they think that the Browns will trade their entire draft for the next 3 years to trade back up?? WTF, make the freakin' pick already..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I can't see me ever going to the draft unless for some strange reason a close family member somehow winded up there and sick needing me to be the caregiver and I'm going to go ahead and rank the odds of that happening as roughly the same as me winning election as a write in candidate for chairman of the peoples party congress of mainland China as an absolute accidental fluke of Mandarin /English translation .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They allow fans to purchase tickets and attend the event. If your one of the few that bought tickets, get help because you could be one of the biggest douchebags ever. This is one of the few events where its more about the players then the fans, close it off to the media and family members only. Stop letting these asshats who boo every pick in.
They boo Goodell every time he walks on stage. They need to hold it at a bigger arena so more fans can attend.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 12:07 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They allow fans to purchase tickets and attend the event. If your one of the few that bought tickets, get help because you could be one of the biggest douchebags ever. This is one of the few events where its more about the players then the fans, close it off to the media and family members only. Stop letting these asshats who boo every pick in.

But then there would not be chants of "She said no!" when the steelers picked....one of my favorite draft moments.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2016, 09:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Prime example of Jdawg's post. WTF is it taking the Rams 10 minutes to make the 1st pick? Are they having second thoughts? Do they think that the Browns will trade their entire draft for the next 3 years to trade back up?? WTF, make the freakin' pick already..

this i hate... Teams should know exactly who they want and they were sitting in that spot for weeks. NFL probly asked them to draw it out a bit.

like they asked them not to announce the pick as they could have had dude signed before the draft even started.
Reply/Quote