Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should acquire Kareem Hunt
(12-01-2018, 07:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wasn't in the Ray Rice territory. He shoved a couple guys that in turn ran into and knocked her down. Then once, while she was down he kicked her...in the leg. And it wasn't really a very forceful kick. Now, don't get me wrong, he was way out of line and he should never have done it, but it wasn't like Rice where he knocked her out cold. 

I showed the vid to my wife and she was like, "hmm, that's nothing."

The reason he was released is because he lied to the team and the vid just now came out. 

Agree.  Not to the extent of Rice by any means.  Still wrong and stupid none the less.  The woman is an idiot too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 07:37 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Shoved a girl twice, then shoved another guy that then fell into the girl that knocked her down.... then sloppily kicked her in the shin. Looked like a stupid high school fight. They are all idiots....especially Hunt who had the most to lose.

Man, just dumb, dude was just becoming a superstar and then does this. Mellow

(12-01-2018, 07:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wasn't in the Ray Rice territory. He shoved a couple guys that in turn ran into and knocked her down. Then once, while she was down he kicked her...in the leg. And it wasn't really a very forceful kick. Now, don't get me wrong, he was way out of line and he should never have done it, but it wasn't like Rice where he knocked her out cold. 

The reason he was released is because he lied to the team and the vid just now came out. 

Thanks for the updates fellas, didn't see this until now. Either way dumb.

Still blown away by the Mixon vid where he just decked that chick but that sure seems like it was a one time deal
and that is all behind him thank God. I know some woman can provoke this but you have to just walk away.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, before I saw the video the media kept calling it the “brutal” Kareem Hunt video. I was expecting a Ray Rice/Tyreek Hill beat down.....but after I saw it I was like....Huh? Agreed, Hunt was out of line and in the wrong but it was not “BRUTAL”.... not even close.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, just dumb, dude was just becoming a superstar and then does this. Mellow

Thanks for the updates fellas, didn't see this until now. Either way dumb.

Still blown away by the Mixon vid where he just decked that chick but that sure seems like it was a one time deal
and that is all behind him thank God. I know some woman can provoke this but you have to just walk away.

This is such an important skill to learn. I'm not talking about just women of course, but just in life situations in general. 

It's not about trying to prove your the tougher person, or that you can harm them. Rarely ever ends well. Amazing what people will let get under their skin.

Dude might have ruined his career because of this night. And he 100% deserves his punishment too. Could have just walked away, it wouldn't have made any difference to his life.
Reply/Quote
First of all the Bengals don't have an immediate need at RB. Second of all the last thing the Bengals need is to bring in someone that is the focus of a lot of negative attention. I read a lot of NFL articles and whenever there is a player in trouble for something that might be criminal many comments are, "Bengals will sign him". I know it is a flawed statement since the Bengals have not had a lot of players in the crime blotter over the last 10 years or so compared to other teams. Adam Jones was the outlier. In fact if you search by teams here and select last 5 years under date range the Bengals are second to last. http://nflarrest.com/#ByTeam Not sure how accurate that is but I did find it intersting.

We got enough flack for drafting Mixon. Fortunately it seems Mixon has turned things around. The Bengals need to focus on players with good character that want to be leaders. Hunt would just be another distraction and I'm pretty sure we could all agree the last thing the Bengals need is more negative distractions. Neither Marvin or Mike Brown are equipped to deal with such negative attention. Plus I would not want him on the Bengals anyway even if he could run for 150 yards a game.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
If they let Mixon in the league, then Hunt will be back, but not here. It would make little sense to sign him with other holes that need filled first.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 12:25 AM)Sweetness Wrote: The Bengals coaching staff would have no idea how to get that kind of production out of Kareem Hunt. I fully believe Mixon would put up very similar stats if he were on the Chiefs.
It would be a waste of everyone's time if he came here.

Agreed 
Reply/Quote
It's funny...all of the problem children we've brought in and it turns out negative in many cases...and 0 playoff wins in 26+ years.

Yet...when a guy like Foster or Hunt hit free agency...people want us to sign them.

You need disciplined guys to win in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:59 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's a great player, but we have 2 good RB's and other needs.  Hunt will still get top dollar in the upcoming off-season and he's sure to be suspended the remainder of this year.

He would make a great receiver, better than Ross. You are missing the point.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 07:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: Basically Ray Rice 2.0.  He was let off by the league when the woman dropped charges, but now video has surfaced.

From what I read, the police department refused to make an arrest or do any further investigation into the case.  This was despite the woman requesting them to further investigate.  The league took the opinion that since the Cleveland PD was not persuing it further, Hunt must have been telling the truth when he said it never happened.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:08 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny...all of the problem children we've brought in and it turns out negative in many cases...and 0 playoff wins in 26+ years.

Yet...when a guy like Foster or Hunt hit free agency...people want us to sign them.

You need disciplined guys to win in the NFL.

Nah, out of control psychos play with the most passion.  When they say they want to kill the competition, they mean it..   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Another incident from June is being investigated. Supposedly he slugged some guy

He should ask to take his 6 game suspension now. That way he only misses 1 or 2 games next season for his new (not Bengals) team.
We don't need anyone else with baggage like that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
You would need Barry Sanders to make up for this piss poor line.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 07:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, whats up with these guys...

Well to be fair it IS an extremely violent sport. I sometimes wonder what these women are thinking when they take up with these kinds of guys so let's just excuse the abusers and blame the abusees the way most slobs would want it. Winning isn't everything , it's the only thing ...right ?  No? Hmmmm... 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote