Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should be putting up a front for Chase Young
Convince the Redskins to trade up one spot. Still get Burrow and add some picks
Reply/Quote
No one would believe we aren’t going QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one would believe we aren’t going QB.

It is Dan Snyder lol you never know
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Convince the Redskins to trade up one spot. Still get Burrow and add some picks

If I were the Redskins, I would give Cincy a little compensation for the #1 pick and then turn right around and trade it for more to Miami...Bye bye Burrow.  Nope, stay put, get the QB, and try to get some good draft picks for older players with higher contracts (Dre, Dunlap, Atkins).

With Dalton's contract likely off the books, and (hopefully) a decent pick for Dunlap, Dre, or Atkins, there would be a lot of money free for FA signings, which (although everyone says it won't happen) is the most critical move for the offseason.  They need major help at Safety and LB and I don't want an unproven rookie.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If I were the Redskins, I would give Cincy a little compensation for the #1 pick and then turn right around and trade it for more to Miami...Bye bye Burrow.  Nope, stay put, get the QB, and try to get some good draft picks for older players with higher contracts (Dre, Dunlap, Atkins).

With Dalton's contract likely off the books, and (hopefully) a decent pick for Dunlap, Dre, or Atkins, there would be a lot of money free for FA signings, which (although everyone says it won't happen) is the most critical move for the offseason.  They need major help at Safety and LB and I don't want an unproven rookie.  

Free Agency?  What is that?   The team has come out and said it over and over again...they draft players and retain their own...They do not use FA...Hell these dumbasses at the trade deadline stated that they were not trading players because it was not their job to make teams better.
Reply/Quote
Let's not expect nor demand any type of front office gymnastics out of this group of dotards. Just get the QB.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
As nice as this sounds, we forget Mike Brown still runs the team — and Mike Brown LOVES a big arm quarterback. He’ll get his dream signal caller in Round One and the rest of the draft will feature “projects,” “players with potential,” complete reaches, and more Drew Sample-esque head scratchers.

Other than maybe Germaine Pratt, the 2019 draft was a disaster. Do you really think Mikey Boy and the coaches know what they’re doing?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Just get the QB.

...and the Bengals will do just that — then quit.

Whoever the Bengals select be it Joe, Tua, Jalen, or Justin rest assured he will not be surrounded by a solid supporting cast.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:49 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Free Agency?  What is that?   The team has come out and said it over and over again...they draft players and retain their own...They do not use FA...Hell these dumbasses at the trade deadline stated that they were not trading players because it was not their job to make teams better.

They did get some FA in the past, and I would like to be optimistic that they will not only have the money to do so, but the empty stands might be forcing their hand a bit as it did before.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As nice as this sounds, we forget Mike Brown still runs the team — and Mike Brown LOVES a big arm quarterback. He’ll get his dream signal caller in Round One and the rest of the draft will feature “projects,” “players with potential,” complete reaches, and more Drew Sample-esque head scratchers.

Other than maybe Germaine Pratt, the 2019 draft was a disaster. Do you really think Mikey Boy and the coaches know what they’re doing?

Burrow is not a big arm QB though. Neither was Dalton.

Honestly, Tua or Herbert are more the type that excites Mike Brown...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and the Bengals will do just that — then quit.

Whoever the Bengals select be it Joe, Tua, Jalen, or Justin rest assured he will not be surrounded by a solid supporting cast.

What does that even mean? You’re suggesting we’ll just forfeit the rest of our picks?

People act like if we don’t trade down and get multiple All Pro olinemen in the 1st round its a failure...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow is not a big arm QB though. Neither was Dalton.

Exactly! I don’t think Mike’s dream quarterback is Joe Burrow! He may be the fans’ favorite pick but that doesn’t mean squat to Mikey Boy. My gut tells me he’s looking at Justin Herbert from Oregon.

Personally I would include Jalen Hurts in this conversation but that’s just me.

As I understand it, Andy Dalton was Jay Gruden’s pick in 2011 and for those first five years I can’t fault Jay at all.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does that even mean? You’re suggesting we’ll just forfeit the rest of our picks?

People act like if we don’t trade down and get multiple All Pro olinemen in the 1st round its a failure...

No, the Bengals won’t forfeit any picks; just make more confusing ones.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No, the Bengals won’t forfeit any picks; just make more confusing ones.

What, do you mean blocking TE’s in the 2nd, backup backup RB’s, and noodle-armed backup QB’s? The braintrust knows better than that...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2019, 11:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Convince the Redskins to trade up one spot. Still get Burrow and add some picks

Nope, no reason to get cute. Take Burrow #1, we're going to get Jonah back at LT, draft another lineman or LB with the 1st pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, then grab a couple of receivers in the later rounds. 
Reply/Quote
nah...c'mon.. They'll pick a punter in the first to sit behind Huber a few years to learn.. Nobody is in the least bit surprised.. [Image: indifferent0012.gif]
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Let's not expect nor demand any type of front office gymnastics out of this group of dotards. Just get the QB.

[Image: hammer_nail.jpg]

Anybody that thinks this Owner, F.O. Tobin, and staff are going to go out and pull off a bunch of trades during the draft, trading current players for picks, using free agency and so on are dreaming.

Get the QB and pray
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 11:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow is not a big arm QB though. Neither was Dalton.

quit going to games and it will register with the brown family. this will never be a winning franchise
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: [Image: hammer_nail.jpg]

Anybody that thinks this Owner, F.O. Tobin, and staff are going to go out and pull off a bunch of trades during the draft, trading current players for picks, using free agency and so on are dreaming.

Get the QB and pray

Agreed.  This is a situation where our FOs path of least resistance mindset should benefit us.  Burrow is the no brainer pick so just take him.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Agreed.  This is a situation where our FOs path of least resistance mindset should benefit us.  Burrow is the no brainer pick so just take him.  

if we are making butts in seats moves... #1 overall QB and 1 High Price Free Agent should help
Reply/Quote