Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should be putting up a front for Chase Young
(12-26-2019, 02:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we are making butts in seats moves... #1 overall QB and 1 High Price Free Agent should help

We might get half of that.  It's easier to draft the QB and convince fans that FAs are overpaid and will wreck a young rosters chemistry. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t be opposed to taking Young at 1 and getting a QB at the top of 2. Similar to the Green/Dalton draft. There are some talented tier 2 QB’s like Fromm, Eason and Love, that have potential starter ability.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I wouldn’t be opposed to taking Young at 1 and getting a QB at the top of 2. Similar to the Green/Dalton draft. There are some talented guys like Fromm, Eason and Love, that have potential starter ability.

Where do you think Jalen Hurts might go? Top of second round?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Where do you think Jalen Hurts might go? Top of second round?

He’s a tricky one. If Jackson wasn’t doing what he’s doing in the league this year, I’d guess Hurts would be a 3-5 round guy, but since it’s a copycat league, there’s going to be a premium on running QBs, so Hurts is probably at the top of that list and could land somewhere in the 2nd round, imo. I’ve read the biggest concerns on him are accuracy and reading defenses.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If I were the Redskins, I would give Cincy a little compensation for the #1 pick and then turn right around and trade it for more to Miami...Bye bye Burrow.  Nope, stay put, get the QB, and try to get some good draft picks for older players with higher contracts (Dre, Dunlap, Atkins).

With Dalton's contract likely off the books, and (hopefully) a decent pick for Dunlap, Dre, or Atkins, there would be a lot of money free for FA signings, which (although everyone says it won't happen) is the most critical move for the offseason.  They need major help at Safety and LB and I don't want an unproven rookie.  

We also have to consider that Haskins has not played well and was presumably a Gruden pick.  A new HC may want to cut his losses and get Burrow for himself, similar to what Arizona did this past year.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 03:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He’s a tricky one. If Jackson wasn’t doing what he’s doing in the league this year, I’d guess Hurts would be a 3-5 round guy, but since it’s a copycat league, there’s going to be a premium on running QBs, so Hurts is probably at the top of that list and could land somewhere in the 2nd round, imo. My biggest concerns on him are accuracy and reading defenses.

That’s a great point; this IS a copycat league and I fear Mike Brown might view Jalen Hurts as Lamar Jackson-lite. Also, there is a theory where having a mobile quarterback means one does not have to improve the offensive line which is false.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 03:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: We also have to consider that Haskins has not played well and was presumably a Gruden pick.  A new HC may want to cut his losses and get Burrow for himself, similar to what Arizona did this past year.

Word on the street was that Haskins was a Snyder choice and Gruden didn’t agree with the pick.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2

I understand the advantages of having Joe Burrow. Let's face reality though. MB and the Fam aren't going to do ALL that it takes to make Burrows successful. They're going to kick the kid into the deep end and hope like hell he can swim, or plan B, hope ZT can teach him to swim once he hits the water.

TBS, take Chase Young #1OA (instantly makes opposing QBs start thinking: Dunlap, Hubbard and now Young, F$&!)
Top of round 2 take your QB (my choice is Jalen Hurts, simply because he may be able to use his running ability which seems to be where the league is trending) I know Hurts is no Lamar Jackson, but if things break down maybe he gets a 1st down with his legs. OR take the best available QB or whoever is "Zac's guy".

From there, start filling in holes, because We all KNOW the Clown family are absolute head-shaking imbeciles when it comes to Free Agency. In fact, they don't even realize that if used correctly, Free Agency would enhance the amount of almighty $$$ they are chasing...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:50 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2

I understand the advantages of having Joe Burrow. Let's face reality though. MB and the Fam aren't going to do ALL that it takes to make Burrows successful. They're going to kick the kid into the deep end and hope like hell he can swim, or plan B, hope ZT can teach him to swim once he hits the water.

TBS, take Chase Young #1OA (instantly makes opposing QBs start thinking: Dunlap, Hubbard and now Young, F$&!)
Top of round 2 take your QB (my choice is Jalen Hurts, simply because he may be able to use his running ability which seems to be where the league is trending) I know Hurts is no Lamar Jackson, but if things break down maybe he gets a 1st down with his legs. OR take the best available QB or whoever is "Zac's guy".

From there, start filling in holes, because We all KNOW the Clown family are absolute head-shaking imbeciles when it comes to Free Agency. In fact, they don't even realize that if used correctly, Free Agency would enhance the amount of almighty $$$ they are chasing...

I love this philosophy.

Don't take Burrow because the Bengals wont build a team around him... Take Jalen Hurts who isnt even half as good!

It's a common trend in Jungle Noise.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: I love this philosophy.

Don't take Burrow because the Bengals wont build a team around him... Take Jalen Hurts who isnt even half as good!

It's a common trend in Jungle Noise.

Your endless posts about joe burrows greatness because pff said so is becoming a plague to this board.  We get it you love burrow.  You dont have to quote every post and make snide remarks to every single person who suggests that we do something other than draft burrow.  Were gonna draft him and youll be complaining about him a few years from now saying you knew (insert name here) was gonna be better.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:13 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Your endless posts about joe burrows greatness because pff said so is becoming a plague to this board.  We get it you love burrow.  You dont have to quote every post and make snide remarks to every single person who suggests that we do something other than draft burrow.  Were gonna draft him and youll be complaining about him a few years from now saying you knew (insert name here) was gonna be better.

I could attack Mike Brown, Duke Tobin, or Zac Taylor like everyone else if you want....But I prefer to evaluate draft prospects.

I was talking about Jalen Hurts in that post. Hurts is a one read QB that has everything communicated to him from the side line. He is very in consistent as a passer past the line of scrimmage and has the worst eye discipline in the draft class dropping his head and eyes when blitzed or under pressure.

LSU will probably be the best defense he plays this year it will be telling if he can attack the cover 1 man they love to run.

Edit: If the Bengals were to attack QB in the second round Jake Fromm is the guy. He makes NFL reads and loves to use touch outside the hash marks. He isnt going to make alot of plays with his legs but he will get the ball out quick, on time, and in the right spot.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 01:13 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Your endless posts about joe burrows greatness because pff said so is becoming a plague to this board.  We get it you love burrow.  You dont have to quote every post and make snide remarks to every single person who suggests that we do something other than draft burrow.  Were gonna draft him and youll be complaining about him a few years from now saying you knew (insert name here) was gonna be better.

At least he’s backing his opinion up with actual facts...

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I wouldn’t be opposed to taking Young at 1 and getting a QB at the top of 2. Similar to the Green/Dalton draft. There are some talented tier 2 QB’s like Fromm, Eason and Love, that have potential starter ability.

That would be my preference. I think the current projection will be fine, but I'd love to have a real defensive playmaker and take someone in the second. Or trade back into the first if it looks like we need to.

We've still got a year on Andy's contract, which means we've got a year if we need to develop someone.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 02:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We might get half of that.  It's easier to draft the QB and convince fans that FAs are overpaid and will wreck a young rosters chemistry. 

Yes they'll point to the Stains and claim FA is why that team has failed.

Nevermind the real reason is they(like us)have a first time HC who is in over his head.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Cleveland would be a competitive playoff team, even with Mayfield as the QB, with a competent HC.

The Browns are not a tale of a failed GM putting together FAs and draft picks.  More so of having the wrong guy steering the ship.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It would be nice to see our team land two decent players instead of just one from the 1st pick.

If they could fill a hole somewhere else and pick up a future QB it would be the best draft in quite a while.

I don't really understand why they don't trade some players for picks and mix that with movement of top picks in the rounds to acquire more as well.

Lots of positions need upgrades and depth.

Lately they haven't even been able to find decent depth players.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:48 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes they'll point to the Stains and claim FA is why that team has failed.

Nevermind the real reason is they(like us)have a first time HC who is in over his head.

I'm thoroughly convinced that Cleveland would be a competitive playoff team, even with Mayfield as the QB, with a competent HC.

The Browns are not a tale of a failed GM putting together FAs and draft picks.  More so of having the wrong guy steering the ship.

Yup.  People who are rooting for us to crush and humiliate the Browns may be rooting for their awful HC to get fired.  With a real HC they might be good in 2020.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 03:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: We also have to consider that Haskins has not played well and was presumably a Gruden pick.  A new HC may want to cut his losses and get Burrow for himself, similar to what Arizona did this past year.

Haskins played extremely well the last couple games.  And he did that with Mclaurin as his main offensive weapon.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 12:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Haskins played extremely well the last couple games.  And he did that with Mclaurin as his main offensive weapon.  

He played well the last game and a half,but was abysmal in his first 6-1/2 starts. Plus that last game was against the Giants.

McLaurin is a beast and I think many predicted that he would turn out to be a good NFL WR.

At the end of the day, a new HC may very well push to move on if they can get a crack at Burrow.  I wouldn't anticipate them moving up for him, but you never know.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 10:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and the Bengals will do just that — then quit.

Whoever the Bengals select be it Joe, Tua, Jalen, or Justin rest assured he will not be surrounded by a solid supporting cast.

Yeah, you're right.  Mixon, Gio, Boyd, AJ, Ross, Uzomah aren't a good surrounding cast.

People always forget that when we draft a QB, we generally give him the cast to make sure he doesn't fail.

Carson Palmer - 2nd rounder was Eric Steinbach and 3rd rounder was Kelly Washington
Andy Dalton - 1st rounder was AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 03:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, you're right.  Mixon, Gio, Boyd, AJ, Ross, Uzomah aren't a good surrounding cast.

People always forget that when we draft a QB, we generally give him the cast to make sure he doesn't fail.

Carson Palmer - 2nd rounder was Eric Steinbach and 3rd rounder was Kelly Washington
Andy Dalton - 1st rounder was AJ Green.

Please forgive me for not being more specific -- and I understand where you're coming from.  The surrounding cast you mentioned is terrific but what I meant was the offensive line as well.  I hope Jonah Williams is everything we hope he is and I hope the rest of the line gets better in 2020 but I have my doubts. 
Reply/Quote