Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals should be putting up a front for Chase Young
(12-27-2019, 12:56 AM)Synric Wrote: I love this philosophy.

Don't take Burrow because the Bengals wont build a team around him... Take Jalen Hurts who isnt even half as good!

It's a common trend in Jungle Noise.
First of all, thank you for attacking my post. Did you read it or just skim the part about Burrow?

The post is my opinion. Opinions are not right or wrong. We all are entitled to our opinions. I know you are a 100% Joe Burrow guy. I firmly believe that Joe Burrow will be the Bengals #1OA pick. TBS, I never said anywhere I wasn't. I just understand that this team needs a lot more than Burrow.

Do you really think that Burrow is going to come here and everything gets fixed because the team has a very good Heisman winning QB?

Did you get the part about kicking him into the deep end of the pool and hope he can swim or at least ZT can teach him to swim once he's in the pool? Think about that for a minute.

If the Clown family doesn't use top tier Free Agents and hit home runs with every pick after Burrow. Unfortunately, you and I and everybody else is going to see a shell of the QB he is this year.

I really don't want to see Burrow go through a repeat of this season...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There three options we can do with the first Overall pick that can lead to a start of a dynasty.

1.) Draft Burrow- while I still have my doubts about him and think he is closer to 2nd RD pick than #1 overall. He is a perfect fit for the offense. He reminds me of Derek Carr but with + Athleticism. The problem with this is A.) Is he a one hit wonder and 2.) Will the Bengals be willing to build the team for championships or for MVP awards?

2.) Draft Chase Young- Best prospect In the draft and would instantly make the Defensive Line the best in the NFL. However he doesn't fit a need and who plays QB if not Burrow.

3.) Trade the pick. Probably the best option out of the three. The Bengals tend to not use free
agency so adding multiple guys to the team would be best for business. Again though what's the plan for QB?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 06:27 PM)J24 Wrote: However he doesn't fit a need and who plays QB if not Burrow.

Again though what's the plan for QB?

Obviously the most popular option is to draft Joe Burrow but there are other options so let’s talk about them. Here are the decision points I came up with and maybe later I’ll let everyone know which strategy I prefer but for right now I’ll attempt to remain unbiased.

1. Roll with Andy Dalton through 2020 until his contract expires.

2. Sign a free agent quarterback like Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Marcus Mariota, or Tom Brady.

3. Trade for a quarterback who isn’t currently a free agent.

4. Draft someone else besides Joe Burrow. Justin Herbert, Tua Tagovailoa, and Jalen Hurts are also very highly rated.

5. See what Ryan Finley can do with a better offensive line and a healthy AJ Green.

6. Wait the whole thing out, stink again in 2020, then try to draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 07:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Obviously the most popular option is to draft Joe Burrow but there are other options so let’s talk about them.  Here are the decision points I came up with and maybe later I’ll let everyone know which strategy I prefer but for right now I’ll attempt to remain unbiased.

1.  Roll with Andy Dalton through 2020 until his contract expires.  

2.  Sign a free agent quarterback like Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Dak Prescott, Marcus Mariota, or Tom Brady.

3. Trade for a quarterback who isn’t currently a free agent.  

4.  Draft someone else besides Joe Burrow.  Justin Herbert, Tua Tagovailoa, and Jalen Hurts are also very highly rated.

5.  See what Ryan Finley can do with a better offensive line and a healthy AJ Green.

6. Wait the whole thing out, stink again in 2020, then try to draft Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields.

1.Riding out Andy's deal is probably the best option besides Burrow.  It still isn't ideal because that means you aren't trading Dalton and getting the extra pick to help the rebuild.

2.The Bengals are not likely to be a top option for any good FA QB.  They would have to massively overpay to even have a chance at a decent one.  Using up all that cap room then slows your rebuild.

3.You then have to give up draft picks which slows your rebuild.  You then also probably have to come to terms on an extension which eats up cap space and slows your rebuild.

4.Tua has a severe injury and you won't know where he's going to be come draft day.  He might not even be able to play next year.  Hurts and Herbert are nowhere near as highly touted.

5.Finley just doesn't have an NFL arm.  That much was obvious.  Fixing the OL won't change that.  AJ is a FA and highly injury prone.  Even if we resign him, good luck on seeing him healthy.

6.Even if we suck next year, we don't know if we'll be able to get Lawrence or Fields or if they will prove to be a top prospect or better prospects than Burrow.  This would be the stupidest possible play.  Seriously, you're not going to take a QB because you're hoping and praying that there's a better guy next year and that you'll be able to get him?  You may as well spend the money for your mortgage payment on the Powerball and hope you can pay your house off.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 03:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yeah, you're right.  Mixon, Gio, Boyd, AJ, Ross, Uzomah aren't a good surrounding cast.

People always forget that when we draft a QB, we generally give him the cast to make sure he doesn't fail.

Carson Palmer - 2nd rounder was Eric Steinbach and 3rd rounder was Kelly Washington
Andy Dalton - 1st rounder was AJ Green.

Compare that to Chubb, Kareen Hunt, Jarvis Landry, OBJ, Rashard Higgings, and David Njoku and it doesn't look that good, does it?

My point being that the Browns have outstanding pieces, but not much of an offensive line.  This is, again, where the focus needs to fall in the draft.  This, and hopefully some key FA for LB and perhaps S.  
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Compare that to Chubb, Kareen Hunt, Jarvis Landry, OBJ, Rashard Higgings, and David Njoku and it doesn't look that good, does it?

My point being that the Browns have outstanding pieces, but not much of an offensive line.  This is, again, where the focus needs to fall in the draft.  This, and hopefully some key FA for LB and perhaps S.  

Their OL has been a problem (although Chubb has rushed for like 1400 yds), but Mayfield throwing almost as many ints as TD’s has been an even bigger one.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their OL has been a problem (although Chubb has rushed for like 1400 yds), but Mayfield throwing almost as many ints as TD’s has been an even bigger one.

Throwing on the run is a lot of what Dalton has had to contend with as well.   Of course, without near the weapons and being sat against three cupcake opponents, Dalton still has better numbers....
Reply/Quote
Whatever we bright and brilliant come up with to save our dingleberry franchise, Mike Brown the mutt and failure of the Brown family will crush us into the ground.
Reply/Quote