Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Michael Bennett, WR, UGa
(08-19-2015, 06:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hate when coaches pull that shit.

"Here you get five snaps"
Convert a third and long, break up a pick which was a TD on a good throw
"Need to see more from you kid" 

Same here, that is extremely frustrating and quite frankly idiotic.

To the OP, Bennett is just a camp body.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 12:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, that is extremely frustrating and quite frankly idiotic.

To the OP, Bennett is just a camp body.

I think your right in that he doesn't make the roster but I think he is a good PS option. The kid is clutch. As the resident UGA fan on these boards I'm a bit of a homer, but go look at the kids production. He was a redzone machine. Zero chance we see him play this year and ultimately he likely will be an Onterio McCaleb-esk career. AKA a PS player that never amounts to real production.
BENGALdawg
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 12:52 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: I think your right in that he doesn't make the roster but I think he is a good PS option. The kid is clutch. As the resident UGA fan on these boards I'm a bit of a homer, but go look at the kids production. He was a redzone machine. Zero chance we see him play this year and ultimately he likely will be an Onterio McCaleb-esk career. AKA a PS player that never amounts to real production.

i think the best bet would be the PS him a year and see if his knee can hold up to a years worth of practices.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 12:52 PM)BengalDawg Wrote: I think your right in that he doesn't make the roster but I think he is a good PS option. The kid is clutch. As the resident UGA fan on these boards I'm a bit of a homer, but go look at the kids production. He was a redzone machine. Zero chance we see him play this year and ultimately he likely will be an Onterio McCaleb-esk career. AKA a PS player that never amounts to real production.

Thanks for the insight BD. I can vaguely remember Bennett's name as a WR at Georgia but there are two other
Michael Bennett's that play DT that have made me forget about him. Plus the injuries. Maybe he can help as a PS
guy, we do use our PS better than most teams i might add.
Reply/Quote
Well I see that he has at least one quality that will make him very popular with some fans

[Image: 7_35853.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I thought he was fine. Had a real nice catch for a first then did a good job preventing a pick on an underthrow. 

I didn't see the game but was listening to Lap - who said that both Kumerow and Moore had good blocks.   He also said (tangentially) that Watson had a great blitz pickup in addition to some pretty nifty running.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2015, 06:32 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hate when coaches pull that shit.

"Here you get five snaps"
Convert a third and long, break up a pick which was a TD on a good throw
"Need to see more from you kid" 

Agreed.

Tampa's the place where players like Kumerow, Watson and Moore get to show what they can do against ones and twos.

I really hope they don't screw it up and play them against 3s again.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I see that he has at least one quality that will make him very popular with some fans

Being from the bull dogs?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well I see that he has at least one quality that will make him very popular with some fans

Dude we have the next Wes Welker
Reply/Quote

What? He looks like Niedermeyer?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 07:22 PM)Shady Wrote: What? He looks like Niedermeyer?

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

He's a sneaky little shit
Reply/Quote

A QUOTE FROM FRED:

Quote:That was funny in one thread.

But not everywhere else.

HILARIOUS!!  ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!! Trying to be funny and get back in on the joke when he's the one that posted that it wasn't funny anymore!!

Just so there's no confusion, because I know certain posters like to post blatant lies and pretend that we're all too stupid to see it, Fred posted that picture 9 hours ago, and the one about it not being funny was from 6 days ago!

Back to the point, I also think he could be a big target as a possession receiver?  
Reply/Quote
I'm white so I can say this people on these boards do tend to overhype Caucasian skilled players. You can hate me all you want but I swear everytime we have a white guy at a skill position he gets over hyped
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:14 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I'm white so I can say this people on these boards do tend to overhype Caucasian skilled players. You can hate me all you want but I swear everytime we have a white guy at a skill position he gets over hyped

No doubt, but I don't begrudge Samoans for being "biased" toward Peko and Rey. And if a black dude wants to pull for Josh Johnson to start at QB, I don't care. None of it's racist, and it's not racist for me or you to pull for a guy like Bennett or Kumerow. We all identify more with people who look like us. But the biggest thing is always the uniform. Hence we buy our swag. Plus, we see a ton of people (many of them white) wearing #18 and #27 and #97 jerseys. But I doubt any of us here would ever buy a Brady jersey. 

That's not to say that racism is not a problem in this country. We don't even need to go there. But I don't think overhyping white skilled position players is a problem. So long as it doesn't get insane. I'd never want Winston to start in front of Andre Smith. And I don't want Rex starting ahead of JHill. Anyone who goes that far MIGHT have some issues. LOL, but I've never seen a case like that on these boards. 99% of everyone here is reasonably smart. The other 1% usually get banned, some more than once.  ThumbsUp Rock On
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 09:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: My guess is that the Saints pick up Murphy, they seem to have a thing for our tight ends... I mean they only have like 3 of them on their roster ( Orson, Alex Smith, and Kevin Brock)

I bet teams are terrified of them now that they have this trifecta and not Jimmy Graham.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2015, 10:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Seriously...how is Josh Johnson still in consideration to be in the NFL as a QB? His first inclination is to tuck and run. It does seem that he only throws if the receiver is wide open. It was terrible watching him.

Either that or the receivers were very rarely open, which would really concern me about the "depth" the Bengals think they have at the position.

Shades of Akili Smith...

"Hut, hut....HIKE!   (A second passes.....)  I got nothing!"

Reply/Quote

I only like white receivers. Ninja
Reply/Quote

ThumbsUp  true dat homie

(08-20-2015, 11:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A QUOTE FROM FRED:

HILARIOUS!!  ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!! Trying to be funny and get back in on the joke when he's the one that posted that it wasn't funny anymore!!

Just so there's no confusion, because I know certain posters like to post blatant lies and pretend that we're all too stupid to see it, Fred posted that picture 9 hours ago, and the one about it not being funny was from 6 days ago!

Back to the point, I also think he could be a big target as a possession receiver?  

Broken record Brad is back. "Fred lies! FRED LIES FRED LIES!!!!! Blatant liar, omg how do people take this seriously from a known liar! LOOK AT MY BOLD LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! LIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Seriously though, Fred's picture is actually relevant to the thread, and it's very accurate. A certain portion of the fanbase sees a white receiver and proceeds to grab a napkin and run into a secluded place. The great white hype lives!

(08-21-2015, 01:14 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: I'm white so I can say this people on these boards do tend to overhype Caucasian skilled players. You can hate me all you want but I swear everytime we have a white guy at a skill position he gets over hyped

I don't care if you're black, white, or green, it's definitely not racist to point out that some of the fans on here will hype ANY white player, and some even will claim that the white guys don't get respect because they're white LOL. Nah, it's because those specific players just suck.

This guy is camp fodder, nothing to see here. If he were black, I'd be saying the same thing.
Reply/Quote
From Bengals.com:

New Bengals wide receiver Michael Bennett showed up in Cincinnati about eight months late.

Before he tore his ACL on Dec. 30, he planned to train for the NFL Draft at Clif Marshall’s Ignition Sports in Blue Ash, Ohio. But Bennett’s second ACL reconstruction surgery scrapped those plans and Marshall didn’t see him until before Thursday’s practice, the day after Bennett signed.

They were looking for each other. Bennett, a Georgia native, sought a guy with more one-on-one attention than most, and Marshall is always seeking committed players looking to buy in.

“I was told by his teammates he is a very high character, hard-working leader,” Marshall said.

That would certainly be reflected in his comebacks. He overcame his first ACL to become Georgia’s leading receiver and overcame this one to get into an NFL camp, albeit a couple of weeks late.

He’s also got the backing of his college head coach. About two weeks ago Bennett worked out on a video that was sent to every NFL team.

“Coach (Mark) Richt did it all for me,” Bennett said . . .

I would be amazed if he contributes this season coming off a December ACL injury, but I can't help but root for a guy (any color) that has this kind of dedication.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 08:47 AM)djs7685 Wrote: ThumbsUp  true dat homie

Broken record Brad is back. "Fred lies! FRED LIES FRED LIES!!!!! Blatant liar, omg how do people take this seriously from a known liar! LOOK AT MY BOLD LETTERS AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!! LIARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Seriously though, Fred's picture is actually relevant to the thread, and it's very accurate. A certain portion of the fanbase sees a white receiver and proceeds to grab a napkin and run into a secluded place. The great white hype lives!

lol.

You didn't even get the joke or what he was trying to do.

It has nothing to do with him being a white receiver!

Looks like Bennett has a bulge in his pants, so Fred was trying to make a joke because of what I said about Dalton, the only thing is, if you followed the link I posted or even looked at my post, you'd see that he said it wasn't funny anymore 6 days ago.

Troll on.
Reply/Quote