Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Moss, Cut Mixon
Exclamation 
Quote:Former Colts RB Zack Moss is signing a 2-year;  $8 million deal with the Bengals that includes a $4.525m payout in year one, per source.

Per Schefter

Tiger  Who Dey

Is Mixon gone? 
I'd like to see the competition in camp.
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Really good value and 3 down guy. Nice!
Reply/Quote
Initially thought Thedeous Moss and threw up in my mouth...

Much better news
Reply/Quote
He's more a #2. Did good while Taylor held out.

He was basically a top 5 back over that span.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:08 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Per Schefter

Tiger  Who Dey

Is Mixon gone? 

From Week 2 through Week 6, he led the league in rushing with 466 yards.

In 2023, he started for 8 games and rushed for a career-high 794 yards and 5 TDs.
Reply/Quote
Zack Moss scouting report:

Strengths:
Runs hard
Has an element of speed
Good vision
Decent feet
Quickness to hit the hole
Can accelerate into the open field
Serious ability pick up yards after contact
Will power through tacklers
Short-yardage and goal-line back
Can push the pile
Has some moves to doge tacklers
Can contribute as a receiver
Three-down-starter ability
Strong build
Can handle a big workload

Note the tackle breaking ability, which he has also shown in the pros.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:08 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Per Schefter

Tiger  Who Dey

Is Mixon gone? 

It's official Per Schefter. Mixon cut Shocked
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of this signing.. small back and not much in the WR game. i understand saving on Mixon but hoped we do a bit better between tackles and a step down in passing game.. but at least we did not spend too much.. hope we draft a RB in 3rd/4th
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's more a #2. Did good while Taylor held out.

He was basically a top 5 back over that span.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/news/why-colts-should-retain-zack-moss

Not only did he have good production but he blocked very well and even catches well enough though not a threat.  He's good value and hitting his prime, what's not to like.  He's their starter and they may even ger a solid value signing on the next wave even.  Draft class isn't ideal so having RB out of the way would be nice.  Love then money saved from Mixon. 
Reply/Quote
It’s this… They aren’t 100% sure Chase is good enough but Moss is insurance. If Chase is good enough then Moss is a solid goaline, short yardage,and third down back for blocking. They thought it through
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not a big fan of this signing.. small back and not much in the WR game. i understand saving on Mixon but hoped we do a bit better between tackles and a step down in passing game.. but at least we did not spend too much.. hope we draft a RB in 3rd/4th

small back?  Zack Moss 5'9 223  Joe Mixon 6'1 220  4 inches in height is the difference....thats IT.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not a big fan of this signing.. small back and not much in the WR game. i understand saving on Mixon but hoped we do a bit better between tackles and a step down in passing game.. but at least we did not spend too much.. hope we draft a RB in 3rd/4th

read somewhere hes decent at pass pro
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:16 AM)pulses Wrote: small back?  Zack Moss 5'9 223  Joe Mixon 6'1 220  4 inches in height is the difference....thats IT.

Yep, think Gio Bernard with an extra 20# of muscle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not a big fan of this signing.. small back and not much in the WR game. i understand saving on Mixon but hoped we do a bit better between tackles and a step down in passing game.. but at least we did not spend too much.. hope we draft a RB in 3rd/4th

Lmfao. Where do you even begin with this take…
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 08:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, think Gio Bernard with an extra 20# of muscle.

I sure hope so. 
Reply/Quote

The YAC is a big one. You can knock Mixon over with a feather.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:16 AM)pulses Wrote: small back?  Zack Moss 5'9 223  Joe Mixon 6'1 220  4 inches in height is the difference....thats IT.

223? I looked him up and he was 5-9, 205?
Reply/Quote
Aaron jones was available
Reply/Quote
Decent signing although we may miss Mixon’s hands / usefulness w catches a bit.

That said, if we don’t fix this OLine - Barry Sanders wouldn’t get it done.
Reply/Quote
We went from the worst YAC back in the league who almost never made the first defender miss or broke a tackle to one of the best at exactly those items (I think Mo Egger noted he ranked 5th in the league in yards over expectation). He is a hard to bring down power runner who works very well inside, is a good pass blocker and thrives in short yardage down and distance. We're getting him at age 26 but more importantly without a lot of wear on the treads. This is an upgrade at RB flat out and a better fit for the scheme to boot.
Reply/Quote