Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals sign TE Matt Lengel
From the Houston Texans practice squad. Don’t know much about this guy, apparently he used to be here
Reply/Quote
The name sounds familiar but I don't really remember him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals UFA in '15 and on practice squad here until mid-'16 when New England signed him. He wound up with a Super Bowl ring and has bounced around since, including an injury settlement a year ago. Good sized at 6'-7", 265 lbs. Don't know what the injury was though.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
A couple of knee injuries in college.
Reply/Quote
Apparently Kroft is in a boot, and on a knee scooter this morning. Guess we had to do something or we would have been down to just Uzo and Schreck.

Reply/Quote
and this signing explains the Thomas Rawls release yesterday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think we need a third RB more than a fourth TE.
Reply/Quote
Another TE???? You would think they would give priority to a RB.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:28 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Bengals UFA in '15 and on practice squad here until mid-'16 when New England signed him. He wound up with a Super Bowl ring and has bounced around since, including an injury settlement a year ago. Good sized at 6'-7", 265 lbs. Don't know what the injury was though.

He tore an ACL in his 1st season at EKU, then had another knee injury on the same leg in 2013.  He played all of 2014.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apparently Kroft is in a boot, and on a knee scooter this morning. Guess we had to do something or we would have been down to just Uzo and Schreck.

Haven't found any links on Kroft yet. Was this a social media report?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think we need a third RB more than a fourth TE.

Kroft is in a walking boot
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:50 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Haven't found any links on Kroft yet. Was this a social media report?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/10/17959746/bengals-te-tyler-kroft-wearing-walking-boot-using-scooter-news-cincinnati
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Since this guy was on another teams practice squad we have to keep him on our active roster for at least 3 weeks,
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:45 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Another TE???? You would think they would give priority to a RB.

Agreed.  We could have used Tate as a backup receiving TE.

I have no idea what kind of condition Rawls was in, but if he's healthy he's a stud.

Lengel is a PS kind of guy.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Since this guy was on another teams practice squad we have to keep him on our active roster for at least 3 weeks,

Ew. There's no reason to have 4 TEs on the roster again unless Kroft is out for a while. Uzomah is the best TE on the roster right now anyways so he'll be just fine
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: From the Houston Texans practice squad. Don’t know much about this guy, apparently he used to be here

he was here for 2 years... on the practice squad..

Welcome back Lengel.
Reply/Quote
guys we also use TEs for blocking... A Tate is a big dude but hes not handling a DE on the OL...

Shreck is still raw... Kroft is hurt probly out a few weeks... So we need another
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 12:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The name sounds familiar but I don't really remember him.

You're thinking of Ivan Lendl.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: guys we also use TEs for blocking... A Tate is a big dude but hes not handling a DE on the OL...

Shreck is still raw... Kroft is hurt probly out a few weeks...  So we need another

Agree, you can't just have 2 healthy TEs. 
Reply/Quote
Injury bug seems like it's league wide.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote