Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals sign Trevor Siemian
What ever happen to the backup we had a few years back everyone was raving about. Can’t remember his name, pretty sure it was Italian maybe, started with a G. He had a big arm.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear you're comparing TS to other starting QBs in the NFL. Doubt he'll start here. 

The rosters that he played with were big drop offs compared to what he has here in Cincy. He's a massive upgrade to Brandon Allen.

I love it when people ***** about how awful someone is without offering an alternative.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The rosters that he played with were big drop offs compared to what he has here in Cincy. He's a massive upgrade to Brandon Allen.

I love it when people ***** about how awful someone is without offering an alternative.

In 2021 the Saints were 0-4 in games that Siemian started. They were 9-4 in the games he did not start.  Not sure it's all about the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 09:25 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: The rosters that he played with were big drop offs compared to what he has here in Cincy. He's a massive upgrade to Brandon Allen.

Well to be fair, I could throw a couple of alternatives out there, but TS is an upgrade to our team. I do agree with you that some folks just love to hate. Trevor is a quality backup QB with lots of experience. Unfortunately, a quality NFL starter was not available to be our backup. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:22 PM)TheFan Wrote: In 2021 the Saints were 0-4 in games that Siemian started. They were 9-4 in the games he did not start.  Not sure it's all about the team.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Taysom Hill taking a lot of snaps under center in those games? I'm not acting like Siemian is great or even serviceable, but the Saints were getting kinda goofy late in the season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:40 PM)jason Wrote: I could be wrong, but wasn't Taysom Hill taking a lot of snaps under center in those games? I'm not acting like Siemian is great or even serviceable, but the Saints were getting kinda goofy late in the season.

They were goofy but not really as much at that time. He had 41, 27, 34, and 40 passes during those 4 game so very by in large was the primary QB. 

I do think he's better than Allen but I'm not sure he's this significant upgrade like some may think.
Reply/Quote
That’s who Brian Callahan wanted.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 01:55 PM)M.W. Wrote: A much better option than Brandon. Can't believe the 49ers signed him!

Really very little difference stats wise in either, that is why bengals made a reaction move after Allen signed, I rather have Allen with 3 years under Taylor..
Reply/Quote
I'll take it. It'll be fun to see who wins between him and Browning for the #2 QB spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be fair, I could throw a couple of alternatives out there, but TS is an upgrade to our team. I do agree with you that some folks just love to hate. Trevor is a quality backup QB with lots of experience. Unfortunately, a quality NFL starter was not available to be our backup. 

We have really bad luck signing starting quality QBs to play backup for backup money. Damn that Mike Brown.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be fair, I could throw a couple of alternatives out there, but TS is an upgrade to our team. I do agree with you that some folks just love to hate. Trevor is a quality backup QB with lots of experience. Unfortunately, a quality NFL starter was not available to be our backup. 

Oh, sorry for the confusion.

I wasn't saying that you were one of the ones that was b!tching.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: What ever happen to the backup we had a few years back everyone was raving about. Can’t remember his name, pretty sure it was Italian maybe, started with a G. He had a big arm.

Jake Dolegala. Pats had him on their PS last year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 07:06 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Jake Dolegala. Pats had him on their PS last year.

And here I thought he was talking about Bruce Gradkowski lol.

Jk
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 01:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'll take it. It'll be fun to see who wins between him and Browning for the #2 QB spot.

Yeah they took their time after meeting with him that could be for a few different reasons.  He's an upgrade over Browning on paper but if Browning beats him,  they probably didn't pay him much.  I'm assuming he settled for the 1.75M number which is the limit to not be negatively factored into the comp pick equation until June 1st.  After that expect guys like Bridgewater and Wentz to sign unless they are just waiting out for a night injury to happen during preseason and walnut into a job.  By signing TS now, they have a QB in hand and don't play the waiting game.  
Reply/Quote
We all know the reality: Winning the Super Bowl is dependent on a healthy Joe Burrow. That out of the way, I like the Siemian signing. I don't doubt there are better backups in the NFL than him but he's enough of an upgrade over Allen that I'm content with the signing.

I also appreciate that as Bengals fans we have the privilege of actually caring about our backup QB since QB1 is amazing.

Joe
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:39 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Glad to see we upgraded, even if ever so slightly. To me, the REAL question is “WTF was San Fran thinking?!” signing Allen. The way they go through QBs there, the guy has a legitimate chance to play if he makes their roster. ?

San Fran knows if they're going to the Super Bowl this year, they'll be facing the Cincinnati Bengals. They're craftily getting a jump start on figuring out any way to try to beat us. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 08:09 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: And here I thought he was talking about Bruce Gradkowski lol.

Jk

That ain't an Italian name! Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Only when we are up by like 40 points or somethin'. Mellow

havent seen very many of those games...
Reply/Quote
He's an upgrade over Allen, but I don't have any particular confidence in him if he has to start. I watched enough of him in Denver to not be super excited.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 09:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: havent seen very many of those games...

Here's to finally seeing them...Cheers
Reply/Quote