Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals signing Dansby
(03-29-2016, 03:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Dig it. I'll say that like it a lot more than I did the Hawk signing.  And I suppose I'll like it even more when I see the contract details.

Dansby is one of those guys I feel like I've called for about every other year for awhile.  Similar to Boldin and Bush when they hit the market every other year for awhile.  Dansby is simply a great football player.  And even an older one is still better than most.

Yeah, i have been wanting Dansby in stripes for like 6 frickin years.
Reply/Quote
this signing definitely opens up the draft for us!!! I still see us taking a 5-7 round LB'er to compete with Hawk, but I think this gives us a solid core of Maualuga, Rey, Burfict, Dawson, and Dansby. I think Hawk will be a cap cut as the team looks to get younger talent on the SAM spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What do you mean late?  Careful, the superfan police will write you up for that.

Honestly, that crossed my mind as I typed up that post. I tried to be nice as possible to avoid upsetting our more sensitive posters.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hey, I wanted to let you know something.  Remember that thread awhile back, I think that was started after we resigned TJ Johnson, where people were joking around (my take) or squealing and whining (your take) and I replied to you and basically said that what you view you as whining other people might view as light-hearted humor?  Do you remember that at all? 

The reply basically went on to accuse you of whining more about whiners than the whiners whine themselves.  Or to point out the irony that the board's biggest whiner is the guy who always whines about whiners.  You know, I'll just see if it I can find it and link to make this is a little easier.  But the point is, I did my best to call you out for be annoying.

Guess what?  That was by far my most rep'd comment if the history of the boards.  Both boards.  Now, I didn't post on the old board 40k times, nor have I posted on this one 10k.  But I would say I'm one of the more active members.  And my rep to post count ratio is strong, son! 

Out of all the thousands of posts I've had, the many ones where "haters" such as myself should rally around, that was my most rep'd. And it's not even close.  And curiously, it wasn't just people of like minds either, there were a lot of people on the "homer" side who took the time to hook me up with fake internet points. (Thanks, fellas!)

Let that sink in for a second.  Am I saying or doing this to be a jerk?  Yeah, you bet.  You deserve it.  But I'm also doing it just to show how little people like much of what you do.

It's annoying.  It's adds little or nothing to the conversation.  And it's done at a rate which all but dwarfs others entire post counts.  Look at how much more you post than most.  Then consider how many of those posts are argumentative and are created only to further a debate or to gain a reaction. (A lot) With that high of a percentage, and with that high a post count, your petty, snarky and argumentative bs starts to dominate much of the conversation.

No one wants to read this shit all day everyday.  It clutters up the forums and no is laughing (except maybe B-Fine).  Now, you're more than welcome to reply and turn this back around on me.  I would be defensive to if I get called out like this.  But believe me when I tell you that there are a lot of people rolling their eyes and/or groaning at this superfan/super lawyer act.  It;s tired.

Someone saying would should have signed Dansby over Harrison should be obvious to most.  And pointing that fact out doesn't diminish the signing now.  It simply means he would have liked him here sooner.  What in the hell could anyone find wrong with such a simple statement?

Whining about someone who is whining about someone whining. 

Its a Bengals message board, guys. Lets all relax. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He just became one of our two best LBs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 01:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Click on thread expecting to see YXD posting about a pickup he's been actively discussing around here for weeks.

Find Fredson mischaracterizing fair commentary as bitching and moaning.
_____

Good pickup.  Hope we can pick up Reggie & LaFell too.  

***To be clear Fredson, feel free to mischaracterize my use of 'hope' as a slant against the FO.  I'm sure you'll get style points from some of your fellow rubes.

What Fred coming after anyone who voices disagreement with the organization!? No way not ever... Ninja
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Whining about someone who is whining about someone whining. 

Its a Bengals message board, guys. Lets all relax. 

Thats not whining.  That's a well constructed dressing down.

Now this post is whining about whining about a slap down in relation to whining about whining.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:02 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Thats not whining.  That's a well constructed dressing down.

Now this post is whining about whining about a slap down in relation to whining about whining.

You want to slap him in the butt while he dresses down? What? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Click on thread to read other Bengal fans happy comments about the signing.

Find yellowxdiscipline bitching and moaning.

Not surprised.

So, you're happy with the signing of Dansby? Because after he was released and a thread was started about the Bengals possibly signing him, you said...

Quote:fredtoast
Dansby will be 35 this year, and he has not been good for a while, (3 years ago in Arizona)

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you're happy with the signing of Dansby? Because after he was released and a thread was started about the Bengals to sign him, you said...

Mellow

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This is a helluva move for this team. Dansby is a very good football player who I believe still has a year or two solid production in him. His coverage skills will also be a very nice addition. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is a helluva move for this team. Dansby is a very good football player who I believe still has a year or two solid production in him. His coverage skills will also be a very nice addition. 

He has shown no sign of falling off either, had a great year last year. Playmaker, always has been.

This really opens up the Draft and helps with the absence of Burfict the first 3 games.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, you're happy with the signing of Dansby? Because after he was released and a thread was started about the Bengals possibly signing him, you said...

Mellow

To be fair to Fred, I did comment on that thread to show Dansby's stats (even comparing to VRey and Maualuga) and he admitted his mistake for making such comment.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Vinny actually has started more-so than not but i see him the same way you do.

Vinny has tons of heart but our best LB'ers are definately Burfict and Dansby now and Vinny is a bit undersized
to start on running downs in place of Maualuga in my opinion. Bfine and Ocho like you said are probably right
about Vinny opening up the first 3 week at WILL, i just have high hopes for Dawson on down the line.

Flowers could fill that role if he can just stay healthy. I have liked what i have seen from the guy but it has not
been much cause of injury. We also will probably draft a LB'er. Still a lot to happen.

Yea he does, it's hard not to like the guy, but I really hope we unleash Dawson and draft a nice athletic backer. Is this Rey M. last year on his contract?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair to Fred, I did comment on that thread to show Dansby's stats (even comparing to VRey and Maualuga) and he admitted his mistake for making such comment.

Sadly, I think that the members of the board are much much much more fair to Fred than he is to them.
Reply/Quote
Where do they play him?  If it is at Sam....  We all know how that works out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To be fair to Fred, I did comment on that thread to show Dansby's stats (even comparing to VRey and Maualuga) and he admitted his mistake for making such comment.

Exactly, he stated an ill-informed opinion as if it were fact and had to be corrected. 

Not a big deal, unless of course, you're the type that is constantly calling others out on their 'opinions'.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 05:01 PM)Crowe Wrote: Yea he does, it's hard not to like the guy, but I really hope we unleash Dawson and draft a nice athletic backer. Is this Rey M. last year on his contract?

I believe Rey M. has two more years but i could be wrong.

We have been needing an athletic LB for a long time no question. Dansby fills this for the time being but he is
getting up there in age. Still, we don't have to draft a LB'er now with the Dansby signing which is great.

BPA baby.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I believe Rey M. has two more years but i could be wrong.

We have been needing an athletic LB for a long time no question. Dansby fills this for the time being but he is
getting up there in age. Still, we don't have to draft a LB'er now with the Dansby signing which is great.

BPA baby.

think your right about Rey M i believe he signed a new 3 year deal last year but i think its mostly front loaded. That said marvin has a starting middle linebacker for several years in a row hes not likely to go back to a new one every year soon if he can help it lol
Reply/Quote