Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals signing Eli Apple
(03-23-2021, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great to hear, makes me feel good. Smirk

Yes, when we moved on from Alexander (which as far as I know we still could get him back) it was initially rough until I heard
about Hilton being even better. Blew my mind a bit cause I loved Mackenzie. If Steeler fans are pissed this was an even better 
signing than I initially thought. They get spoiled with great players on Defense. Just hope Lou uses him like they did in Pitt.

What have i told you about relying on Lou to do something correctly?   Hilarious

On a serious note, as I've stated many times.  This is both Lou and Zac's prove it season. 

This organization has spent $200M in 2 years in free agency.  Marvin Lewis never got that kind of free agency help.  

So if this team can bring in a player like Kerrigan, and Trai Taylor before the draft I'd give this free agency period an A+ when I think it started as an F-.  

However, again it's a prove it year for Zac and Lou.  Losing record I think they have to go.  There'd be too much talent on this team for it to have a losing record.  
Reply/Quote
I am not sure why anyone is upset we are bringing in guys to compete against 2020 starters and back ups. What was our record in 2020? How about 2019?

I welcome them bringing in guys like Apple who will be low risk and possible high reward for us if there are injuries or if he beats out a CB for playing time.

If he was being paid 5 million in 2021, I would not be happy. I will guess it is less than 2 million a year and very little guaranteed so he has to make the roster after TC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 09:34 AM)TJ528 Wrote: What have i told you about relying on Lou to do something correctly?   Hilarious

On a serious note, as I've stated many times.  This is both Lou and Zac's prove it season. 

This organization has spent $200M in 2 years in free agency.  Marvin Lewis never got that kind of free agency help.  

So if this team can bring in a player like Kerrigan, and Trai Taylor before the draft I'd give this free agency period an A+ when I think it started as an F-.  

However, again it's a prove it year for Zac and Lou.  Losing record I think they have to go.  There'd be too much talent on this team for it to have a losing record.  

I agree with you TJ. We need to have a winning season this year for these guys to stick around.

What is good is if they don't have a winning record and we fire them the new HC will have lots of talent to work with.

What is bad is we would of wasted Burrow's first 2 seasons here because of bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 08:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 2020 - 71.4
2019 - 53.6
2018 - 73.4
2017 - 90.2

Other than 2019, Jackson was better than I thought. But, he got worse from 2017, not better every year since a great 2017.

Apple was not brought in to be a #1 CB, but who knows, maybe he can play like a #1 CB in 2021 for peanuts cap wise.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 12:43 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They've brought in plenty of defenders that fit the style (whatever it is) that Lou wants us to run. I say it's a good thing because if this defense continues to suck with "his guys" in place, then there's ZERO excuse to fire his ass during or after the season.

And be stuck with "his (scheme specific) players" for 3-4 years?

They should have done this year one so if the house needed cleaning all could go. Now if it fails, we've got a lot of players with no scheme flexibility.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 04:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: And be stuck with "his (scheme specific) players" for 3-4 years?

They should have done this year one so if the house needed cleaning all could go. Now if it fails, we've got a lot of players with no scheme flexibility.

How the hell would they be able to do that in year one again?

Not making excuses but they DID turn the roster over last year and are continuing to do so this year.

Now there are no excuses. 

Now we have scheme flexibility if anything, the guys we let go were all strictly Man Corners we needed some Zone Corners.
Reply/Quote