Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals underdogs vs Bears?
The Bengals open up as a 3 point underdog to the Bears?? This has got to he a joke right? The bears are complete trash...
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-nfl-betting-odds-2021-season
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:16 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals open up as a 3 point underdog to the Bears?? This has got to he a joke right? The bears are complete trash...

Their defense matches up well against our offense

They beat the bucs last year with their pass rush and smothering defense

On the opposite end, their offensive line is ATROCIOUS, and bengals d-line should have a very good showing once again.

But it’s gonna be an ugly game offensively on both sides
Reply/Quote
The rest of the country still views the Bengals as terrible, and that won't change until they prove that it should. 1-0 is a nice start, but it isn't going to sell anyone.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are gonna completely destroy Andy Freaking Dalton.. I'm just hoping they don't start fields. We all know how the Bengals do against first game rookie / unknown QBs..
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:20 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals are gonna completely destroy Andy Freaking Dalton.. I'm just hoping they don't start fields. We all know how the Bengals do against first game rookie / unknown QBs..

I agree, but if you don’t think that chicago pass rush is going to be all over Burrow, you got another thing coming.

They have a playoff roster over there. The problem is their o-line gets killed by good d-lines and can be exploited with blitzes.

Sort of like ours
Reply/Quote
I read the Bears lost 2 players to injuries on D this past Sunday. So hopefully that gives us a huge advantage. If we improve, we have a good chance of winning this one!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:19 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The rest of the country still views the Bengals as terrible, and that won't change until they prove that it should. 1-0 is a nice start, but it isn't going to sell anyone.

right if we had won convincingly it might be different but we gave up a 2 TD lead to go to OT.     and by rights probly should have lost there if not for that fumble.

All things being equal the home team gets 3 points generally.
Reply/Quote
I think the game could go either way. I expected to see the Bears pummeled last night, and while it didn't look especially pretty, the Bears hung in there with LA throughout the game. They didn't force it when they were behind, they had some looooong drives that resulted in scores. Their biggest weakness last night was allowing the deep big. Those big plays got LA points quickly. Chicago was also biting hard on play action, even though the Rams weren't doing much in the run game. But I don't think I'd call the Bears trash. And if they play Fields more I think it could become a legitimate challenge. It could end up being a very close game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:27 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I think the game could go either way. I expected to see the Bears pummeled last night, and while it didn't look especially pretty, the Bears hung in there with LA throughout the game. They didn't force it when they were behind, they had some looooong drives that resulted in scores. Their biggest weakness last night was allowing the deep big. Those big plays got LA points quickly. Chicago was also biting hard on play action, even though the Rams weren't doing much in the run game. But I don't think I'd call the Bears trash. And if they play Fields more I think it could become a legitimate challenge. It could end up being a very close game.

Bears aren’t trash. They’re sort of like the nfc version of the Steelers currently, but with a weaker oline

Rams are just the most complete team in the NFC

Expect to see them in the nfc championship
Reply/Quote
The Bears D does have a major weakness to giving up the bomb. So hopefully ZT takes off the chains and lets Burrow throw more downfield.
Reply/Quote
winning in overtime at home does not make oddsmakers feel all warm and fuzzy towards a team that will be on the road against a playoff team. It is still too early in the season, unless there are major injuries, for this year to have much impact on the betting odds

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I just hope it's Andy Dalton for most of the game until we put it away.. I could see Chase, Higgins and Boyd going off in this one.. Jason Peter's is also hurt to an already horrible Bears Oline...
Reply/Quote
3 points is usually the home advantage. I'd expect it to change, but really don't care if it does.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bears were a game better than Minny last year. And the Rams with Stafford at QB are way better than we are.

We shouldn't be favored vs anyone on the road save Jax and maybe the Jets.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact. Almost 29 years to the day 9/20/92, we played a NFC North team who was starting a QB on a one year contract. We knocked that QB out of the game and in came a QB named Brett that many mispronounced his last name. That dude came back, beat us, ans started every game for that team for the following 15 years.

Here's to Andy staying healthy...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:16 PM)Tony Wrote: The Bengals open up as a 3 point underdog to the Bears?? This has got to he a joke right? The bears are complete trash...

That's fine.   I would rather be underdogs and doubted and let that fuel our hunger then be favored and get complacent.    We can be considered the underdogs all season long.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 05:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I agree, but if you don’t think that chicago pass rush is going to be all over Burrow, you got another thing coming.

They have a playoff roster over there. The problem is their o-line gets killed by good d-lines and can be exploited with blitzes.

Sort of like ours
The Chicago defense did not look good last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:24 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The Chicago defense did not look good last night.

And the vikings offense didn’t look good yesterday

But they are.

Plus the bears defense looked bad against the saints in the playoffs. That’s what happens when the bears face complete teams.

It’s up to our defense to exploit that crappy oline and rattle Dalton around
Reply/Quote
Given your post history the Bengals should be underdogs to some NCAA teams LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2021, 06:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact. Almost 29 years to the day 9/20/92, we played a NFC North team who was starting a QB on a one year contract. We knocked that QB out of the game and in came a QB named Brett that many mispronounced his last name. That dude came back, beat us, ans started every game for that team for the following 15 years.

Here's to Andy staying healthy...

Wasn't he already benched for Fields last night? I didn't watch the game, but I glanced up and saw Justin Fields on the field.

Anyway... Being the home team gets you 3 in Vegas (as I just now saw you pointed out). This game is essentially a pick em
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote