Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to ponder for now...
(09-23-2021, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kyle Pitts is 5th among TEs in yardage.
14 targets, 9 rec, 104 yards
That's basically Tyler Boyd right now (13 targets, 10 rec, 105 yards)

The TEs ahead of him are:
- Kelce (185 yards)
- Waller (170 yards)
- Hockenson (163 yards)
- Gronk (129 yards)

Yep, been living up and I watched him get open multiple times in the Tampa game and Ryan just didn't see it. Pitts is special.

Made a nice rub block on a TD run too.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Extra TE can help block. and we need more blocking

Plus with 2 on the field you can still pass  and use them for run blocking as well. lots to do in that personel package.

Sure another TE can block, however you allow heavier personnel in the game from the defense as well. I would not mind seeing it in a few packages but overall the Bengals have no reason to run many plays outside of 11. With the NFL still centered around single high coverages and even fronts on defense(even though this is beginning to change), zone runs and passing threats down the field are crucial pieces for beating NFL defenses. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:18 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Joe Burrow will get hurt bad against the stoolers and will be out weeks. He already talks like he does not want to be in there with this horrible line.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Generally, your TEs are much better blockers, but can still slide out in a pattern.  If 11 personnel was running the ball effectively, fine, but it isn't.

Listen to the "Hear that podcast growlin'" podcast (of follow Paul Dehner, Jr on twitter) and look at the horrible inefficiencies of the Bengals running the ball in to "go ahead and run it" defenses where everyone is off the LOS.  Through two weeks, dead last in the NFL.  

The issue here is not a WR/TE personnel issue but an O-line and schematic issue. If you add another TE they can simply add another defender to the box(and probably swap the Nickle Corner for the LB). Instead they need to look into improving run blocking along with using things like RPOs to aid in their ability to run the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:00 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It’s just not a good idea to start any of these rookies against this Steelers defense.Carman included.They would have a feast day.Remember,about half of those sacks given up the past two games weren’t on the OL.Running backs and Tight Ends were also responsible for either missed assignments,or just flat out bad play.

It seems like everytime we play Steelers or Ravens and even though there are injuries, thier back ups still kick our asses. Im not expecting an easy time for Burrow and it really all boils down to gameplan and good in game decisions which we have seen can be sketchy. AND WHY THE F DONT WE HAVE A FULLBACK ON THIS TEAM!?     
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 11:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kyle Pitts is 5th among TEs in yardage.
14 targets, 9 rec, 104 yards
That's basically Tyler Boyd right now (13 targets, 10 rec, 105 yards)

The TEs ahead of him are:
- Kelce (185 yards)
- Waller (170 yards)
- Hockenson (163 yards)
- Gronk (129 yards)

Thanks, good stuff.  Surprised he has no TDs, or I would have assumed you would have included them.  I am sure he is going to be a heck of a player, but I think we got the right player for Cincy in Chase.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great thoughts as usual. Start Trey Hill over Hopkins too if Hop continues to struggle. At least Hill is really hard to move with 
that anchor. Most of the OL trouble has been on Hop coming off that injury and mentally he just isn't right right now. Need to 
use more screens to the RB's and TE's. Middle TE screen? Lol

Also wouldn't mind seeing a little of the Jumbo line here and there and use a big DT at FB on some short yardage plays.

Hop actually came back and had a nice game.  The Bears didn't do as many fronts where they line up directly over the center, as the Vikes did.

I think XSF is the weak link, by far.  He has never been above average in his career.  He is limited in his range and that costs him in this scheme.  I thought his being dinged up was the perfect time to see Carman, but I heard XSF was practicing today at RG.  

Maybe Carman will get a shot during the game if XSF struggles, but I doubt it.  Carman at least knows this rivalry, growing up here. And he is a LOT more agile.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 04:37 PM)northernbengal Wrote: The issue here is not a WR/TE personnel issue but an O-line and schematic issue. If you add another TE they can simply add another defender to the box(and probably swap the Nickle Corner for the LB). Instead they need to look into improving run blocking along with using things like RPOs to aid in their ability to run the ball. 

This is one of the key reasons to do it.   Create LB on TE and RB matchups. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is one of the key reasons to do it.   Create LB on TE and RB matchups. 

I don't see how it makes a difference.  If we remove one WR and they remove one CB then the ratio of LB to RB/TE is still exactly the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how it makes a difference.  If we remove one WR and they remove one CB then the ratio of LB to RB/TE is still exactly the same.

But getting the nickel corner off the field in exchange for a LB makes it a tougher coverage challenge than picking up a RB or TE with that slot CB.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hop actually came back and had a nice game.  The Bears didn't do as many fronts where they line up directly over the center, as the Vikes did.

I think XSF is the weak link, by far.  He has never been above average in his career.  He is limited in his range and that costs him in this scheme.  I thought his being dinged up was the perfect time to see Carman, but I heard XSF was practicing today at RG.  

Maybe Carman will get a shot during the game if XSF struggles, but I doubt it.  Carman at least knows this rivalry, growing up here. And he is a LOT more agile.  

I would like to see Carman at least some during this game. And talking about the line, how about my guy Quinton Spain. He's playing lights out.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 08:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: But getting the nickel corner off the field in exchange for a LB makes it a tougher coverage challenge than picking up a RB or TE with that slot CB.  

The majority of the time a LB is gonna be on one of them regardless because the Nickel is going to matchup with the WR3. It does not really change the matchups and we don't have very dynamic pass catchers at those positions. Also in single high a safety is going to match up with one of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2021, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I would like to see Carman at least some during this game. And talking about the line, how about my guy Quinton Spain. He's playing lights out.

Spain has been very solid and seems to found his home at LG.  The "no donkeys" rule, thought, must still apply.  Right now, XSF is the donkey.  Carman will get his shot and has to prove he belongs or D'Ante Smith might prove it is his spot instead.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like for Gio to be back there and seemed to be the only one against cutting him. That said, he's gonna have to play sooner or later, as XFS obviously has problems with keeping his legs healthy.
Ide rather they paid gio and released Mixon.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote