Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs 49ers predictions
(10-28-2023, 02:34 PM)tms Wrote: Good guys 28
49ers 18

Ima give myself props for this one. I’ll say I would’ve been 100% right had Trent played. Wink
Reply/Quote
So happy to be wrong about this one.

Burrow is back. O-line was good. Mixon over 5 ypc. Clean on offensive penalties.
Reply/Quote
I don’t blame anyone for thinking this might be a San Francisco victory. They had all the motivation in the world to come out and make a statement and we just took all that and threw it right back at them. And I we all heard that Burrow was back to form but hadn’t yet seen it on the field. So I understand the skepticism.

The best part of it is that now we saw it on the field with our own eyes. Burrow his old self, defense scraping and clawing for everything and fighting nonstop, Mixon, Boyd and Tee stepping up. This game answered so many important questions about this team going forward and I love all the answers.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 02:15 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: ***** sick of people talking down about us including some on here like we haven’t been to a Super Bowl and an AFCCG if the past 2 years:

We played with an injured QB the first few weeks and still got to 3-3, we are not a bad team we are a threat to the whole NFL.

Vikings tonight showed if you launch the ball SF can be got at and I fully expect an air raid on Sunday night with Tee and Chase having big games and I’m calling it now Irv will get his first TD as a Bengal.

On Sunday people will remember just who the **** the Bengals are.

Bengals 38

49ers 24

Not a bad guess for a limey.

Hopefully a few, keep quiet now.

This was the real Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 09:49 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Not a bad guess for a limey.

Hopefully a few, keep quiet now.

This was the real Bengals.

oy guvnah quit quoting yourself, mate. go eat some spotted dick, innit?

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 09:03 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Game's in San Fran (Bengals historically don't play well on the west coast)
4:25pm start.
Bengals offense still looks out of sorts a little.
Don't expect San Fran's kicker to miss as time expires to bail the Bengals out.

San Fran by 2 TD's   31-17

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 09:43 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: I don’t blame anyone for thinking this might be a San Francisco victory. They had all the motivation in the world to come out and make a statement and we just took all that and threw it right back at them. And I we all heard that Burrow was back to form but hadn’t yet seen it on the field. So I understand the skepticism.

The best part of it is that now we saw it on the field with our own eyes. Burrow his old self, defense scraping and clawing for everything and fighting nonstop, Mixon, Boyd and Tee stepping up. This game answered so many important questions about this team going forward and I love all the answers.
Why wouldn't the Bengals be motivated?? 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 11:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: quote='Soonerpeace' pid='1362722' dateline='1685572187']

I saw Brock Purdy in person several times in Norman. I saw him a lot on TV he definitely has some moxie and QB savvy. But he’s plenty hot and cold. When he stinks it up it’s a doozy. I don’t think they are good enough at QB. And if he gets hurt worse.

Said this before the season. I was worried about the 49ers but Purdy has been off tonight like I saw him several times for ISU. They also have a short week.
[/quote]

Some of you guys must be real surprised and aren’t familiar with Brock Purdy. I didn’t make a prediction but I wasn’t shakin in my boots like a few.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 09:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: oy guvnah quit quoting yourself, mate. go eat some spotted dick, innit?

Now that was a wicked googly.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It was fun listening to Tony Romo reap effusive praise on the scheme and play calls today.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: These types of games happen to really good teams. And they always bounce back

Cannot see the 9ers losing 3 in a row

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47m2xoosg7y7hg4stq92b...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 01:00 AM)TKUHL Wrote: SF will come out pissed and super motivated. We will come out flat on the opening drive. Which absolutely drives me nuts. The first drive are mostly scripted plays. So when we look like we don’t have an answer against that D on our first drive, look out.

Contain CMC, pressure Purdy like a mofo, make him beat you. Not CMC, Bosa, scheme etc. pressure him, and protect Burrow and we should be fine. So with that said my prediction below.

SF-49
Cincy- 17

Hope I’m wrong.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47dc1d4opeyo197cvdcr4...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 02:15 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: ***** sick of people talking down about us including some on here like we haven’t been to a Super Bowl and an AFCCG if the past 2 years:

We played with an injured QB the first few weeks and still got to 3-3, we are not a bad team we are a threat to the whole NFL.

Vikings tonight showed if you launch the ball SF can be got at and I fully expect an air raid on Sunday night with Tee and Chase having big games and I’m calling it now Irv will get his first TD as a Bengal.

On Sunday people will remember just who the **** the Bengals are.

Bengals 38

49ers 24

Bengals win by +14.

Just as you predicted.

[Image: 9c723b7cffcff1ffd00e73215f5d4f0e.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:09 AM)Tomkat Wrote: But they were AT Minnesota, and that absolutely makes a difference.
The game is AT San Fran.  I see the 49ers being fired up, and I see a lackluster "jet lag" performance coming up by the Bengals offense.
It all spells disaster for the Bengals.  If the Bengals win, I'll go crawl in a hole somewhere (deservedly) and not post for awhile.
I HATE when the negativity creeps in like this, but it's just a feeling I can't shake.

[Image: 1073617464goaway.gif?width=450&height=27...&crop=fill]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 10:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I predict that this game will be an absolute dogfight.  SF will be bringing every ounce of energy that they can muster in order to not lose a 3rd game in a row.  I think that the key to this game is stopping the SF rushing attack, and forcing Purdy to throw more than they'd like him to.  It has been shown that Purdy will make mistakes when pressured.  I say the Bengals need to turn it up!

Bengals 24
49ers    23

[Image: 7G2n.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:13 PM)Nepa Wrote: 1. For those noting the 49ers difficulties the last two weeks, it should be referenced that both were away games, in rather raucous stadiums (Cleveland and Minnesota). In fact, I've seen Minnesota on lists of loudest stadiums and we know the Browns stadium was rocking against the 49ers. The announcers last night noted how playing in front of a Vikings crowd helped Cousins in terms of communication and hurt Purdy.

2. This game will be in front of a 49ers crowd that can also be raucous when the Bengals are on offense, and now Purdy will have a quiet stadium when he is on offense. We might see the 49ers the way they were earlier in the year, when they were rolling over teams in their home stadium.

3. I also think on-field officials are impacted by fan bases. I was reading an article about college coaches "taking advantage of sympathetic referees." These part-time NFL officials seem to be clearly impacted by the fan bases. The 49ers are regularly rated one of the top ten fan bases (along with Pittsburgh, of course) and I would imagine a study of favorable calls would correlate with those fan bases.

My heart says the Bengals will win and the short turn around for the 49ers/extra prep days for Bengals can be an important factor. But the game could also turn ugly if the 49ers find their footing back in their home stadium, where their average margin of victory this season has been 23, with margins of 18, 19, and 32 (over Dallas).

1. Beat them in their place, by more than Cleveland and Minnesota combined. 

2. The 49ers have scored 17 points three weeks in a row. Not sure if that is a roll over?  Mellow

3. Only 1 penalty was called against the Bengals in it was in the final minutes. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2023, 08:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Burrow being under center with the play action game was fun to watch.

It was a difference maker imo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
It's a lot of fun being wrong sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 07:12 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It was a difference maker imo

Yep

We had a couple play action plays from under center that worked pretty dang well. And what I never would have predicted, hell, it coulda/shoulda been even worse. We probably left 10 more points off the board.

He's baaacck
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2023, 12:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, no reason to go hide "in a hole somewhere" for just stating an opinion if you genuinely believe it.  I'm thinking along the same lines.  I really wanted SF to win last night as a pressure valve of sorts.  They're too good of a team to lose at home and then for a third consecutive game after getting jobbed in Cleveland and falling just short in Minny.  I'll hope for a win, but losing by one or two TDs wouldn't surprise me.

Give up your Bengal card!!!!Pissed
Reply/Quote