Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Jaguars Predictions
I hope for a Bengals win by any score, for the players more than the fans now. A record of 1-2-1 is not that bad for a team in major rebuild mode across the board and with no preseason. Add in all games have been close.

A Bengals win and hoping O Line improves and Burrow does not get hit like a punching bag all day. ....GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Geno Atkins comes back and the run D looks better, however, WJ3 and Phillips running around like fools. Offensive line makes Jags D look far better than it is.

Jags 22
Bengals 20
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 08:10 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Geno Atkins comes back and the run D looks better, however, WJ3 and Phillips running around like fools. Offensive line makes Jags D look far better than it is.

Jags 22
Bengals 20

Interesting take on WJ3...PFF has him rated as the 5th highest graded corner up to this point this year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 08:29 AM)Au165 Wrote: Interesting take on WJ3...PFF has him rated as the 5th highest graded corner up to this point this year. 

Really?! I’m shocked. I guess I’m bad at judging CB play. He looked lost vs OBJ to me. He also has looked meh in the other games. Guess I don’t know what I’m looking at.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 08:33 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Really?! I’m shocked. I guess I’m bad at judging CB play. He looked lost vs OBJ to me. He also has looked meh in the other games. Guess I don’t know what I’m looking at.

OBJ got him on the out and up, had him again but he got away with a tug later on. CB's tend to be judged only on the plays they give up by most fans. Outside of that he really hasn't given up much this year. He played Keenan Allen really well game 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 09:02 AM)Au165 Wrote: OBJ got him on the out and up, had him again but he got away with a tug later on. CB's tend to be judged only on the plays they give up by most fans. Outside of that he really hasn't given up much this year. He played Keenan Allen really well game 1.

There were a few other gaffs as well. Missed some tackles allowing first downs. We’ll have to see where he ends up at the end of the year. Do you think he will still rank in the top 10? I’d put him in the 15-25 range.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 09:18 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There were a few other gaffs as well. Missed some tackles allowing first downs. We’ll have to see where he ends up at the end of the year. Do you think he will still rank in the top 10? I’d put him in the 15-25 range.

It's possible, again the broadcast camera doesn't ever show a DB when they win the rep and the QB doesn't throw to them. He has had plenty of these reps when you watch the 22. The thing that throws a lot of people off is that all corners get beat, Stephon Gilmore gets beat, it just comes down to do you get beat more or less than "average". Tackling is kind of the same idea with corners. Corners don't tend to be elite tacklers so you have to compare their tackling against other corners to decide how they compare to their peers.

Either way, I think we need to get him re signed because he is a proven quality starting corner in the league and they are hard to find.
Reply/Quote
With Atkins back I think this is an easy win. 35-10 Bengals
Reply/Quote
Stripey cats - 27
Spotty cats - 20
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jags beat us 24-17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Burrow-38
Jags-28
Reply/Quote
I had this as a win before the season. Don't see a reason to change it.

Bengals 27
Jags 20
Reply/Quote
We get our first win!
Reply/Quote
Bengals get their first win: 27 - 24

Closer that it should but some of that score happens in garbage time.

Reply/Quote
27 -17 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Last I looked Vegas had us as favorites, which surprises me. Maybe they still account for home field advantage, but with very few fans I don't think that matters anymore.

We match up OK against them. Not a bad D line but the weakest we've faced so far. We should be able to move the ball. The key to me is stopping their running game with James Robinson. That's why Geno coming back is crucial.

Looks like they're getting DJ Chark back, who was out last week. He's their best receiver. But, I can see WJIII locking him down. What I can't see is our smallish slot guys stopping Shenault in the middle of the field. Dude's a beast.

Another close game that could go either way.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 09:18 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There were a few other gaffs as well. Missed some tackles allowing first downs. We’ll have to see where he ends up at the end of the year. Do you think he will still rank in the top 10? I’d put him in the 15-25 range.

I would assume they take into account what you saying for all CBs.. we just don't see those games... and yes.. I think he can rank in top 10 if he stays healthy.. he has performed well at times for a good amount of time over the seasons
Reply/Quote
Every time I predict a win, they either lose or tie. So I'm predicting a tie this time and we'll see what happens.
Bengals 23
Jags 23
Reply/Quote
I’ve got Whit knocking out Henderson in round 3.
Reply/Quote
Jags 27
Bengals 20
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote