Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Ravens Predictions
Bengals have won 2 in a row.

However The Ravens are on a winning streak and need this Win to get into Play-Offs. There are 5 AFC teams in hunt for 4 play-off spots. Ravens, Browns, Colts, Titans, Dolphins. Right now Ravens are playing the best football of the 5.

The Bengals will try to spoil Ravens play-off hopes as Bengals finish with 3 wins in a row. The problem is Ravens come in on a better winning streak, they have that tough D, they have that QB, they are loaded at RB. Unlike Bengals, they are playing to make Play-Offs. Also Ravens are a team that could make Super Bowl run due to their D and QB and stable of RBs.

I would love to see Bengals win, but I have a feeling Ravens needing this game to make play-offs will be in Play-Off Mode and Ravens are on winning streak. Ravens look to be a team that hits Play-Offs on winning streak and that is bad news for rest of NFL. You always have to look out for teams in Play-Offs that did not lose since November, and Ravens are 1 Win away from that.

Again, a Bengals upset win would be nice. It is a chance for Bengals to see which players step up against a red hot play-off team, as Bengals look at who to bring back next year. A few of these Bengals players will be getting fired. So far I like the new kicker over Bullock game losing misses in 2020 as Nugent in 2016 losing his job.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 11:59 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals have won 2 in a row.  

However The Ravens are on a winning streak and need this Win to get into Play-Offs.  There are 5 AFC teams in hunt for 4 play-off spots.  Ravens, Browns, Colts, Titans, Dolphins.  Right now Ravens are playing the best football of the 5.

The Bengals will try to spoil Ravens play-off hopes as Bengals finish with 3 wins in a row.  The problem is Ravens come in on a better winning streak, they have that tough D, they have that QB, they are loaded at RB. Unlike Bengals, they are playing to make Play-Offs.  Also Ravens are a team that could make Super Bowl run due to their D and QB and stable of RBs.

I would love to see Bengals win, but I have a feeling Ravens needing this game to make play-offs will be in Play-Off Mode and Ravens are on winning streak. Ravens look to be a team that hits Play-Offs on winning streak and that is bad news for rest of NFL. You always have to look out for teams in Play-Offs that did not lose since November, and Ravens are 1 Win away from that.  

Again, a Bengals upset win would be nice.  It is a chance for Bengals to see which players step up against a red hot play-off team, as Bengals look at who to bring back next year. A few of these Bengals players will be getting fired.  So far I like the new kicker over Bullock game losing misses in 2020 as Nugent in 2016 losing his job.

I don't see them beating the Ravens at all, and just hope they play a respectable game. But then again, I definitely did not see them beating Pittsburgh with Ryan Finley. The Bengals have screwed up the Ravens playoff hopes in the past, and I suspect the Ravens will come out firing on all cylinders. I'd rather the Ravens get in over the Browns anyway.

And Siebert sucks. He's already missed.
Reply/Quote
Win or lose, I hope the Bengals show fight, grittiness and no stupid things that could set them back.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Since the game is in Cinci, I'd say that increases the chances of victory a few percentage points. Still pretty low, though.
Reply/Quote
Start of the season I thought the ravens would sweep us, but we'd split with the Steelers and the browns. Browns surprised me this year, but the ravens are playing well.

Our defense is playing better though, so I think it will be a low scoring game on both sides.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
27-16
Ravens
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd and AJ Green team up to win back their titles as Baltimore's Most Hated.
Reply/Quote
The good news? It looks like Boyd will play.

The bad news? It looks like WJIII will not play (and rightly so...don't mess with a concussion in a meaningless game)

If WJIII was out there, I would actually pick the Bengals in a FG game. Without him, I don't see the Bengals having much of a chance. LeSean Sims will be targeted early and often. At least outside passes are supposed to be the weakness of the Lamar Jackson.

Ravens 34
Bengals 23
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter, please Zac, just make the game watchable and show us why you should stay.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 04:26 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: It doesn't matter, please Zac, just make the game watchable and show us why you should stay.

OH, but it does matter. I'll tell you why this game does matter.  Maybe not to you THE FANS, but THIS GAME matters.  Let me explain. 

See, to you The Fans, you just want this season over with.  Also each of you in your own way have formulated in your head the off season moves you would make.  I do the same thing.  Me, I would shake up the Mike Brown Front Office and Fire the person who takes on the role of GM somewhat in Duke Tobin.  I'm positive I could find someone better than Tobin, who I think is just awful year after year on off season moves.  Since I can't fire The Brown Family, I would fire Tobin who I consider the worst person in a GM type role in The NFL for years now.  Other teams would have fired him years ago, for HE is the one who has brought in coaches and players the Fans have Hated on year after year as Scapegoats of Tobin's choices.  

So we all have our plans, but our plans don't mean a hill of beans.  A million What If posts never change Bengals. 

Today Bengals do finish in a Play-Off Game. It means Play-Offs to Baltimore.  Baltimore who Bengals play Twice A Year, Every Year. Bengals are a Bad Team still with players on the bubble of being fired.  It is an Opportunity for players to show they deserve to be in THE NFL.  There are Bengals who have no business in THE NFL.  As Paul Brown would say, it is time for them to leave football and go find their life's work. 

So Todays Game means a Great Deal to players On The Bubble of being Fired.  A Division Team like Baltimore seeking Play-Offs is a good contest to see what Bengals have, and what Bengals don't have.  This will not be a final game of Baltimore resting players as some years, because Baltimore needs the Win.  So Bengals players who Block or Tackle well in This Game can Earn being brought into Camp in 2021.  

There are Bengals whos Jobs, Pay Checks are on the line effecting not just Them, but Their Families as well.  No Money, No House, No Food....And Changes Are Coming...Players Will be Fired. Some Players Kept.  Today against Division Baltimore Bengals have Bubble Players who need to prove they belong in THE NFL.  They need to Step Up and try to keep their Jobs.  

To many, this game could mean having a Job or Not.   There are Bengals who need Fired.  So This Game means a Great Deal to Them, if not the fans. This is NOT a game for Bengals to quit at halftime and go through the motions.  They may not Win, but they dare not Quit.  Not if they want to feed their wives and children. To Them,  Division Baltimore is an Opportunity, which is all Life is, making the most of Opportunities and Second Chances. 

I'll Root for a Bengals Win, because ending on 3 Wins will show some Bengals deserve to be brought back in Spring Camp. At least make it a close game.   Blockers and Tacklers need to show why they should not be FIRED.  The Bengals still in New Dey Rebuild after 2018 can not bring the same players back in 2021, so does anybody step up against Baltimore and show why they should keep their Jobs and Paychecks. Players that go through this game as if their bags are packed for vacation, they will deserve a Permanent Vacation, no matter who they think they are. If we can lose with them, we can lose without them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 02:50 AM)kevin Wrote: OH, but it does matter. I'll tell you why this game does matter.  Maybe not to you THE FANS, but THIS GAME matters.  Let me explain. 

See, to you The Fans, you just want this season over with.  Also each of you in your own way have formulated in your head the off season moves you would make.  I do the same thing.  Me, I would shake up the Mike Brown Front Office and Fire the person who takes on the role of GM somewhat in Duke Tobin.  I'm positive I could find someone better than Tobin, who I think is just awful year after year on off season moves.  Since I can't fire The Brown Family, I would fire Tobin who I consider the worst person in a GM type role in The NFL for years now.  Other teams would have fired him years ago, for HE is the one who has brought in coaches and players the Fans have Hated on year after year as Scapegoats of Tobin's choices.  

So we all have our plans, but our plans don't mean a hill of beans.  A million What If posts never change Bengals. 

Today Bengals do finish in a Play-Off Game. It means Play-Offs to Baltimore.  Baltimore who Bengals play Twice A Year, Every Year. Bengals are a Bad Team still with players on the bubble of being fired.  It is an Opportunity for players to show they deserve to be in THE NFL.  There are Bengals who have no business in THE NFL.  As Paul Brown would say, it is time for them to leave football and go find their life's work. 

So Todays Game means a Great Deal to players On The Bubble of being Fired.  A Division Team like Baltimore seeking Play-Offs is a good contest to see what Bengals have, and what Bengals don't have.  This will not be a final game of Baltimore resting players as some years, because Baltimore needs the Win.  So Bengals players who Block or Tackle well in This Game can Earn being brought into Camp in 2021.  

There are Bengals whos Jobs, Pay Checks are on the line effecting not just Them, but Their Families as well.  No Money, No House, No Food....And Changes Are Coming...Players Will be Fired. Some Players Kept.  Today against Division Baltimore Bengals have Bubble Players who need to prove they belong in THE NFL.  They need to Step Up and try to keep their Jobs.  

To many, this game could mean having a Job or Not.   There are Bengals who need Fired.  So This Game means a Great Deal to Them, if not the fans. This is NOT a game for Bengals to quit at halftime and go through the motions.  They may not Win, but they dare not Quit.  Not if they want to feed their wives and children. To Them,  Division Baltimore is an Opportunity, which is all Life is, making the most of Opportunities and Second Chances. 

I'll Root for a Bengals Win, because ending on 3 Wins will show some Bengals deserve to be brought back in Spring Camp. At least make it a close game.   Blockers and Tacklers need to show why they should not be FIRED.  The Bengals still in New Dey Rebuild after 2018 can not bring the same players back in 2021, so does anybody step up against Baltimore and show why they should keep their Jobs and Paychecks. Players that go through this game as if their bags are packed for vacation, they will deserve a Permanent Vacation, no matter who they think they are.
Best post you've ever written Kevin.. I agree with everything you've written. I do kind of feel bad for any player who just can't cut it in the league and sees their only chance at staying come down to the last game of the season and not making it and that's true for players who really don't belong because it's really the only job most of them have ever wanted in their lives. A lot take full advantage of college, but a lot do not or were just not very good students, but stand out athletes at some point. In any case it's tough to see all that work go for naught.. Happens every season though.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think this is a winnable game for the Bengals,but Jackson being out really concerns me .They will go after Sims repeatedly.
Reply/Quote
About tomorrow? I feel good!

[Image: latest?cb=20190908142629]

Reply/Quote
Bengals 27
Ratbirds 23
Reply/Quote
Ravens 27
Bengals 13

Ravens defense is in another league compared to Texans and we are reminded of that all game long. Brandon Allen comes back down to earth and has 2 turnovers.
Reply/Quote
Mackenzie Alexander has been ruled out due to illness (non-COVID)

Starting CBs are Darius Phillips, LaShaun Sims, and Tony Brown

Lamar is going to have a field day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We will win because Allen wants you to hold his beer.
Reply/Quote
Ravens 30-13.
Reply/Quote
IF they can beat Division Pittsburgh and Baltimore in the last 3 weeks, it will show some players and coaches have earned the right to go against Pittsburgh and Baltimore next season. This would not be like Bengals late season wins in bad seasons against weak sister teams. Ending season beating Steelers and Ravens is a solid way to go into 2021 season camps and preseason.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote