Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals vs Steelers predictions
A big fat L...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 03:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I didn't make a prediction before the Vikings game and we won.
I did make a prediction before the Bears game and we lost.

So, I won't make a prediction. I will say that win or lose, this board will be insufferable next week.

The boards are always better when we're winning though.

This week was far worse on the boards than last week.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals realize they don't have to stink...31-20 dem Who Dey Whooers!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I could see us bouncing back with a win. We pulled out a W last time we met the Steelers when nobody gave us a chance.

We are playing pretty lousy on offense right now. I could definitely see a loss in the near future if we put together the 'shell' offense approach of the past couple weeks. But this is an opponent we know. I could maybe see us pulling out a W here with the Steelers starting to get banged up a little. They do have a lot to prove. But so do we. I think we have more talent. It's just a matter if the coaching can get it done, and if Burrow can bounce back. Need to attack the defense and take care of the ball.
Reply/Quote
Word is Ben has a pectoral injury and may miss up to 5 games. I'll believe it when I see it. He's play it up and take the field letting everyone know he's in agonizing pain.
Reply/Quote
I consider it a win if burrow walks off the field.
27-10 droolers.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: What's your predictions? Bengals rebound and win 27-23

I am going to avoid the pessimistic side of me and not say that the offense gets fixed, but the defense can't stop anyone.  

I think this young team hates pitt as much as I do and wants to knock their dick in the dirt.

Bengals win a shoot out:

35-31.  Bates closes out the pig with a game-sealing INT.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:01 PM)samhain Wrote: Word is Ben has a pectoral injury and may miss up to 5 games.  I'll believe it when I see it.  He's play it up and take the field letting everyone know he's in agonizing pain.

Personally, I'd take the fat old guy.  i know at least he'd be limited in what he can do. 

Haskins is a good QB if put in the right system and it seems like Pitts always has the "right" system.  

The Bengals also have not really ever done well against QB's they haven't played before.  

I still think the Stoolers win 38-14 whether Ben plays or not.  
Reply/Quote
Taylor gets outcoached.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 05:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The boards are always better when we're winning though.

I'm not talking about being insufferable because we won; I'm talking about being insufferable because we won in Pittsburgh
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
27-17 Steelers. Offense continues to struggle.
Reply/Quote
Burrow has never won a road game. Steeler's have injuries but seem to always be able to plug and play through them.

I want a Bengals win badly, but I think Steelers win 23-20.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:01 PM)samhain Wrote: Word is Ben has a pectoral injury and may miss up to 5 games.  I'll believe it when I see it.  He's play it up and take the field letting everyone know he's in agonizing pain.

Ben will come onto the field on a stretcher, then through a miracle rise and play the entire game. He will be seen wincing in pain and  the media will eat it up. I've seen this movie many times starring Ben.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 12:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ben will come onto the field on a stretcher, then through a miracle rise and play the entire game. He will be seen wincing in pain and  the media will eat it up. I've seen this movie many times starring Ben.

Yeah I know I've seen at least twice when they put him on a stretcher and removed his face mask because they were afraid of removing his helmet. Then he's playing the next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 10:07 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Taylor gets outcoached.

This is what I'm thinking. We should be there with the Steelers as far as talent goes. So it's probably gonna come down to coaching. I don't have high hopes we win that battle.
Reply/Quote
Think we can win this game but the Steelers are at home. We lose a close one...

Stool - 24
Bengals - 22

We get a safety.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: What's your predictions? Bengals rebound and win 27-23

I'll go for that. 

This is now Thursday, so I will make my pick.  Of course it is Bengals.  How can our Bengals Win ?   If the Bengals Defense keeps the score in reach, and if the Bengals O Line doesn't punk out against a tough Steelers Defense.  I would like to see play calling of half run plays, and half pass plays at games end.  That would help protect Burrows operated on knee.  

This would be a good week for The O Line to start to come together on The Playbook.  That and our Defense keeping the score within reach. 

Bengals will need the rookie kicker to continue his early success. 

Oh Yes, Zac needs to stop going for it on 4th down 50 or 70 yards away from end zone. No coach does that. It is stupid. You punt. You bring in Huber. You do not keep giving teams the ball in great field position. Zac of Arena League Football needs to learn this is The NFL, not that mickey mouse arena league garbage. Now when you are too close to punt but too far for a field goal, that is different. Going for it on 4th Down early in the game when you have not reached Mid Field is valid reason to Fire The Coach for being that Stupid over, and over. The Steelers are probably the last team you want to pull that garbage on.

I look for another Defensive Game as Bengals vs Bears was. Steelers bring a good D, and I think so do Bengals.

A win over Steelers and a 2-1 record would be a Great Sunday.   GO BENGALS

Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh’s offensive struggles have been as bad, if not worse than ours. The game will most likely be as ugly as the Bears game in terms of two teams with good defenses and bad offenses. I’ll go ahead and take Cincy based on a really banged of Ben and potentially banged up Steelers D versus a relatively healthy Bengals team 20-17.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 01:45 PM)kevin Wrote: I'll go for that. 

This is now Thursday, so I will make my pick.  Of course it is Bengals.  How can our Bengals Win.   If the Bengals Defense keeps the score in reach, and if the Bengals O Line doesn't punk out against a tough Steelers Defense.  I would like to see play calling of half run plays, and half pass plays at games end.  That would help protect Burrows operated on knee.  

This would be a good week for The O Line to start to come together on The Playbook.  That and our Defense keeping the score within reach. 

Bengals will need the rookie kicker to continue his early success. 

Oh Yes, Zac needs to stop going for it on 4th down 50 or 70 yards away from end zone. No coach does that. It is stupid. You punt. You bring in Huber. You do not keep giving teams the ball in great field position. Zac of Arena League Football needs to learn this is The NFL, not that mickey mouse arena league garbage. Now when you are too close to punt but too far for a field goal, that is different. Going for it on 4th Down early in the game when you have not reached Mid Field is valid reason to Fire The Coach for being that Stupid over, and over. The Steelers are probably the last team you want to pull that garbage on.

I look for another Defensive Game as Bengals vs Bears was. Steelers bring a good D, and I think so do Bengals.

A win over Steelers and a 2-1 record would be a Great Sunday.   GO BENGALS

Tiger 

Going for it at mid field simply isn’t stupid. I’ve argued for the 4th and 1 call at the 30 but at least there is arguing against that one. However, at half field? That is a go for it situation nearly every time in 4th and short and there are situations where you will see your expected value be positive up to 4th and 5 at the 50.

If you have a 4th and manageable at the 50, NFL teams need to be significantly more aggressive. It’s a good call.
Reply/Quote
I predict a defensive game and the Bengals win 17 to 10. Both offenses will struggle.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote