Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Steelers
Wow, never realised how many coaches there on here... if we just listened to every damn excuse posted ITT, we'd win everything!

(05-18-2017, 02:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Beat me to it!  Cool

But seriously, simply put: the Bengals are intimidated by the steelers. Always have been under Marv for some reason. Even during their down year (2013) they still found ways to absolutely embarrass us. They just seem to have our number, even with a less-than-stellar head coach in Mike Tomlin. I'm not certain of the reason (I've offered a somewhat drunken theory in another recent thread), but I'm certain that it won't change until Marv is gone. 
Yeah, 'cause the drubbing we put on them on MNF in week 2, was us being dominated, right? <_<

Look, we dominate the Ravens (always have) and we struggle against the Stoolers. Stoolers struggle against the Ravens and dominate us. Ravens dominate Stoolers and can't beat us.

Some teams have it against some teams, others don't. Stop overthinking it and realise that things happen because that's how things happen: there's no science or anything to prove for or against how the AFCN plays each other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 03:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Friggin love Reggie Nelson. He was always a beast at least 2 games a year. He was like death to the steelers. All he had to do was touch them and they laid on the ground and didn't get back up. You're right. Marvin is a Steelers fan. I bet you he goes to some of their games and is a VIP member in their fan club (However under the alias name of Judas Iscariot).

Reggie helped knock them out of the playoffs that one time if i remember correctly on a game saving interception.

Dalton hit Green on a late throw and the Nuge hit the FG. That felt great gotta say.

Lol on the Judas Ha Ha.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:43 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see the problem as the Steelers resign their good players and the Bengals lose theirs to free agency. Until we fix that, we will be second fiddle to the Steelers IMO.

The Steelers have lost tons of good players in FA.  Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Alan Faneca, Emanuel Sanders, Keenan Lewis, Rod Woodson, Ryan Clark, etc, etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 05:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Steelers have lost tons of good players in FA.  Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Alan Faneca, Emanuel Sanders, Keenan Lewis, Rod Woodson, Ryan Clark, etc, etc.

Yeah, that is a false narrative Guy was speaking there.

People are hung on the last two Free Agencys where Sanu, MLJ, Zeit and even Whit were way overpaid by other teams.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wow, never realised how many coaches there on here... if we just listened to every damn excuse posted ITT, we'd win everything!

Yeah, 'cause the drubbing we put on them on MNF in week 2, was us being dominated, right? <_<

Look, we dominate the Ravens (always have) and we struggle against the Stoolers. Stoolers struggle against the Ravens and dominate us. Ravens dominate Stoolers and can't beat us.

Some teams have it against some teams, others don't. Stop overthinking it and realise that things happen because that's how things happen: there's no science or anything to prove for or against how the AFCN plays each other.

Drubbing? You mean that week 2 MNF game where we wore orange? Hardly what I'd call a "drubbing".

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we only win by 10 points (the first time we've done that since.. 2005 I believe) after a close, somewhat sloppy game? Also weren't we favored to win for the first time under Marv? Plenty of analysts had the mindset of "if not now, when for the Bengals"? I could have sworn we were looking sloppy until a late TD reception from Gio. The steelers have beaten us by 2+ TD's countless times. I'm asking honestly, have we ever done the same? I can't remember... Even when we beat them there is plenty of doubt until the waning moments. 

I think the answer is obvious: the Steelers are the better coached team and have been for 50 years.
We're stuck with Pittsburgh native Marv who just cant seem to beat his hometown team... 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure that what the Steelers are allowed to get away with against has nothing to do with it either.  Disagree?  Look at the last playoff game and then dispute that.

I agree 100% w/ this....
seems the refs don't call roughing vs. the Steelers but call it on our D a lot.....for a lesser hit than what they delivered.....total bias imo...
  & it seems sometimes they just get "sloppy-lucky"....they fumble the ball but get it back....we fumble & lose it....
  we need to sweep the afc North this yr....grind their nose in tiger shit..... Smack
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 02:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here are some crazy numbers:

From 1991 to 2002 when the Bengals were terrible, they were 6-18 vs the Steelers.

Since Marvin has got here, we're 8-22 vs the Steelers.

Why do the Steelers have our number?

For a few reasons. They got us during a really bad decade of play on top of that nearly every time we play them we're also playing the refs, it's hard to beat a team that seemingly gets away with everything when you get away with nothing. One last reason is their players even if they are not better than ours buy into what they are doing and give it their all.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 03:43 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: At least we've done well against the Ravens lately.

I do hate those friggin Steelers though.

Beat me to it.  To be completely fair, Marv has generally owned the Ravens, while the steelers struggle against them.  

I would much rather beat putzburgh, though.  Even though they only count as one division win each...to me it matters more.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure that what the Steelers are allowed to get away with against has nothing to do with it either.  Disagree?  Look at the last playoff game and then dispute that.

People will put you down as whining about the officiating, but I have seen enough horribly officiated games vs. the steelers to know that if you think there isn't some bias, you are either blind or just plain stupid. 
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: People will put you down as whining about the officiating, but I have seen enough horribly officiated games vs. the steelers to know that if you think there isn't some bias, you are either blind or just plain stupid. 

Shazier hit on Gio--nothing.  Burfict hit on Brown--15 yarder and four game suspension.  Case closed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:43 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see the problem as the Steelers resign their good players and the Bengals lose theirs to free agency. Until we fix that, we will be second fiddle to the Steelers IMO.

So, based on this year's not re-signing a soon-to-be 36 year old tackle and an average guard that got $12 million per year (and would have prevented the pending extensions for Burfict and Eifert), you think the Bengals lost a bunch of games in the past 16 years? 

What other key free agents did the Bengals lose during that period?  
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reggie helped knock them out of the playoffs that one time if i remember correctly on a game saving interception.

Dalton hit Green on a late throw and the Nuge hit the FG. That felt great gotta say.

Lol on the Judas Ha Ha.

Has to be on my "Top 10 Moments of a Bengal Fan". 

I thought about Christmas where some fat steeler fan opened his present of a new Pig Ben jersey (probably bought with food stamps) and started crying all over again because his team was home for the playoffs.  

(warm fuzzy)
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:03 AM)McC Wrote: Shazier hit on Gio--nothing.  Burfict hit on Brown--15 yarder and four game suspension.  Case closed.

Mike Mitchell concusses Eifert- Nothing

Mike Mitchell concusses MLJ and says to AJ Green immediately after "you're next"- Nothing

Shawn Williams makes a perfectly timed, shoulder-to-midsection hit on a receiver that knocks the ball loose on a key 3rd down, 15 yard penalty.
I can't remember which steeler hits (can't remember which receiver, but I think it was Sanu) helmet-to-helmet on a crossing route in the SAME GAME, no flag. 

There are so many disgusting inconsistencies it makes me want to vomit.  And the league just lets it go...huge market of loser steeler nation that helps line its coffers.  
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Mike Mitchell concusses Eifert- Nothing

Mike Mitchell concusses MLJ and says to AJ Green immediately after "you're next"- Nothing

Shawn Williams makes a perfectly timed, shoulder-to-midsection hit on a receiver that knocks the ball loose on a key 3rd down, 15 yard penalty.
I can't remember which steeler hits (can't remember which receiver, but I think it was Sanu) helmet-to-helmet on a crossing route in the SAME GAME, no flag. 

There are so many disgusting inconsistencies it makes me want to vomit.  And the league just lets it go...huge market of loser steeler nation that helps line its coffers.  

They are villains. This is why they have so many fans. I believe they have more than any other team which guides the NFL to sway calls in their favor. All the rule changes to protect players only apply to teams not named steelers. Would love to put Burfict on offense a few times and send him on a head hunting expedition. Wait, that's not legal is it? Cool

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 05:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Drubbing? You mean that week 2 MNF game where we wore orange? Hardly what I'd call a "drubbing".

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we only win by 10 points (the first time we've done that since.. 2005 I believe) after a close, somewhat sloppy game? Also weren't we favored to win for the first time under Marv? Plenty of analysts had the mindset of "if not now, when for the Bengals"? I could have sworn we were looking sloppy until a late TD reception from Gio. The steelers have beaten us by 2+ TD's countless times. I'm asking honestly, have we ever done the same? I can't remember... Even when we beat them there is plenty of doubt until the waning moments. 

I think the answer is obvious: the Steelers are the better coached team and have been for 50 years.
We're stuck with Pittsburgh native Marv who just cant seem to beat his hometown team... 

You don't remember the game very well, clearly.

We wore black on black and the game was a lot closer than it really was, for reasons unknown.

We set the tone in the beginning of the game with Eifert's 67 yarder, made lovely adjustments for the 2ND half and Gio-van just took over and put a dagger through their hearts. Don't believe we ever lost the lead or momentum, from early on.

Stats and score aside, we drubbed them and it was a superbly played game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:03 AM)McC Wrote: Shazier hit on Gio--nothing.  Burfict hit on Brown--15 yarder and four game suspension.  Case closed.

Mike Muchak grabbing Nelson's hair.

Originally fined but after further review no fine.
Reply/Quote

ThumbsUp and always follow the money. Steelers generate more money. Case closed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Mike Mitchell concusses Eifert- Nothing

I always find it funny, how we talk about the 1 sided officiating that seems to be the norm during the Bengals/Steelers game and Steeler fans call us crybabies, blah, blah blah and then they get their asses handed to them by New England and the Steeler fans are in an outrage about the 1 sided officiating..... Sad
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2017, 11:59 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I always find it funny, how we talk about the 1 sided officiating that seems to be the norm during the Bengals/Steelers game and Steeler fans call us crybabies, blah, blah blah and then they get their asses handed to them by New England and the Steeler fans are in an outrage about the 1 sided officiating..... Sad

Their hypocrisy knows no bounds...
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 04:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Wow, never realised how many coaches there on here... if we just listened to every damn excuse posted ITT, we'd win everything!

We're 16-10 against the Ravens since Marvin has been here and 21-21 against them lifetime.

While it's a good record...it's hardly the 22-8 record the Steelers have over us.
Reply/Quote