Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs Steelers
(05-18-2017, 02:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here are some crazy numbers:

From 1991 to 2002 when the Bengals were terrible, they were 6-18 vs the Steelers.

Since Marvin has got here, we're 8-22 vs the Steelers.

Why do the Steelers have our number?

I was born and raised in Pennsylvania, and that makes being a Bengal fan hard.  Everyone is waving those damn yellow towels around.  Being the one Bengal believer in the middle of hundreds of Steeler fans is hard.  So, my hatred for the Steelers is on a different level compared to any other team.  I won't even wear the color yellow!  I have recently moved to Oregon, which makes it a bit easier.....But losing to the Steelers hits me deep!! That playoff game I was almost crying with joy when Burfict intercepted that pass to seal the game....So, I still have a sore spot for Hill and that damn fumble.

Thanks for letting me rant.  I'll conclude by saying our goals to win a championship must go through the Steelers.  We can't be bullied by them if we want big things.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's seems to me in recent memory( 25 years ago till now) when the Bengals game plan was to come out
Throwing aggressively they had a bit more success vs the Steelers
When the Bengals had the better QB success was on their side
Whatever the case may be in 2017 the Bengals need to come out use that deep talent pool at WR and TE
And strike fast and methodically down field
Zampese needs to see this team is built to be pass first run 2nd
Oh BTW be the more physical team than the Black and Gold
Reply/Quote
Zampese was an assist coach with Martz and "The greatest show on turf".... maybe he pulls out some old tricks. We have the offensive weapons. Mixon can be a cheap man's Faulk. I wouldn't dare compare Dalton to Warner(but Kurt was working at a grocery store just before leading the Rams)

Wouldn't be the craziest thing to see happen.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 03:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: DeCastro is the biggest punk Pittsburgh has nowadays. Crazy how much I wanted him in the draft. 

Mike Mitchell is another big time punk.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 06:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: It's seems to me in recent memory( 25 years ago till now)  when the Bengals game plan was to come out
Throwing aggressively they had a bit more success vs the Steelers
When the Bengals had the better QB success was on their side
Whatever the case may be in 2017 the Bengals need to come out use that deep talent pool at WR and TE
And strike fast and methodically down field
Zampese needs to see this team is built to be pass first run 2nd
Oh BTW be the more physical team than the Black and Gold

And you gotta play sixty minutes too cuz they will.  And you have to make enough extra plays to counter the horse shit calls they will get.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2017, 03:09 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: DeCastro is the biggest punk Pittsburgh has nowadays. Crazy how much I wanted him in the draft. 

I'd still take DeCastro over Zeitler. Plus, many here would applaud DeCastro's act if he was on our line.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd still take DeCastro over Zeitler. Plus, many here would applaud DeCastro's act if he was on our line.

He is one dirty ass player.  Just ask Burfict.  I have a hard time applauding anyone who roams the field in search of knees to waste, Bengal or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:13 PM)McC Wrote: He is one dirty ass player.  Just ask Burfict.  I have a hard time applauding anyone who roams the field in search of knees to waste, Bengal or not.

Burfict's first game back after knee surgery and I still remember a lineman on screen pass trying to take Burfict out at the knees in open space. However Burfict tackled Bell later on and Bell tears his ACL and Burfict is labeled dirty....
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:13 PM)McC Wrote: He is one dirty ass player.  Just ask Burfict.  I have a hard time applauding anyone who roams the field in search of knees to waste, Bengal or not.

It makes you one of the few.

When a player puts on the uniform of your favorite team, then their action or past incidents tend to fly out the window. I've seen it happen in all sports. Look at Vick in Philly. He was held up like a hero when he was playing good for them. People pushed his troubles to the back burner for that. Hell look at Tyreek Hill from last year. The Chiefs were blasted by everyone for taking Hill in the 5th round. There were protests outside the games. He started playing great around midseason with some exciting plays and then you didn't really hear about the protests anymore. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Jeff Blake (as a Bengal) vs the Steelers: 4-5 including a game with a perfect 158.3 passer rating
Marvin Lewis vs the Steelers: 8-22
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd still take DeCastro over Zeitler. Plus, many here would applaud DeCastro's act if he was on our line.

Honestly, I'd still take Decastro over Dre. I just hate the dirty punk he's become. But I feel like Decastro would be a little more... Let's call it "tame" if he were drafted by Cincy over Pitt. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2017, 02:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here are some crazy numbers:

From 1991 to 2002 when the Bengals were terrible, they were 6-18 vs the Steelers.

Since Marvin has got here, we're 8-22 vs the Steelers.

Why do the Steelers have our number?

Well Ben has been here most of that time frame so nice to have a HOF QB. Back we were terrible, it had to be hard for Steelers to takes us seriously so maybe lack of motivation so we snuck up on them. Regardless, they own us and have owned us for decades now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote