Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals vs Texans
(11-13-2015, 03:14 AM)TRsome Wrote: I think of all smack, my favorite has to be "you're always talking about the Steelers" smack - from Steeler fans on a Bengals board.

[Image: audience-31_zps92a4c114.gif]

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 03:52 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Wouldn't it be hard to sweep an Opponent that already beat you? 

I don't know if I should thank you for agreeing with me or smack you for not being able to read.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 03:14 AM)TRsome Wrote: YI think of all smack, my favorite has to be "you're always talking about the Steelers" smack - from Steeler fans on a Bengals board.

... Said the guy who posted on the only sub-forum that was purposely created to host fans of other teams. In case you hadn't noticed, most of the people who come in here do it because they want to read or post about the Bengals' biggest rival - namely, the Steelers.  What else do you think a smack forum is, Einstein?  

'You're on our board' smack in a smack forum is my favorite type of smack.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 09:08 AM)6andcounting Wrote: I don't know if I should thank you for agreeing with me or smack you for not being able to read.

Must be Pukesburgh speak .. Stillers *Will not* sweep the Bengals. Sounds like they might have a chance.  - Better word would be "cannot"

Consider this your English lesson for the week. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:26 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Must be Pukesburgh speak .. Stillers *Will not* sweep the Bengals. Sounds like they might have a chance.  - Better word would be "cannot"

Consider this your English lesson for the week. 

He said they won't.  Which means ... They won't. Sounds pretty definite to me.  

But let's try your theory out: the Browns won't win the Super Bowl.  

Gosh, you're right!  I definitely implied that they could win it all right there, didn't I?  Rolleyes

Just admit you read it wrong and move on.  You're not going to talk yourself out of this one. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:30 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: He said they won't.  Which means ... They won't. Sounds pretty definite to me.  

But let's try your theory out: the Browns won't win the Super Bowl.  

Gosh, you're right!  I definitely implied that they could win it all right there, didn't I?  Rolleyes

Just admit you read it wrong and move on.  You're not going to talk yourself out of this one. LOL

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 11:23 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Yawn

I'll take that as an admission of wrong-ness. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 11:28 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I'll take that as an admission of wrong-ness. ThumbsUp

No, Just bored of explaining the nuances of the English language LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:18 PM)bengals73 Wrote: No, just unable to understand straightforward English LOL

Fixed it. 

Seriously, man: in what world does "They won't do that" imply "They might do that" ? 

It takes a whole lot more than "nuance" to make that leap. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 12:46 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Fixed it. 

Seriously, man: in what world does "They won't do that" imply "They might do that" ? 

It takes a whole lot more than "nuance" to make that leap. 

Doesn't take an English major to understand that "they cannot sweep" sounds much better than "will not sweep" 

However, the Bengals CAN sweep the Stoolers. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 01:16 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Doesn't take an English major to understand that "they cannot sweep" sounds much better than "will not sweep" 

However, the Bengals CAN sweep the Stoolers. 

Good thing too, because you ain't no English major.  

An English major knows that won't means won't.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 03:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: You'd think Bengals fans would be talking more about them than the Steelers given the Texans knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs two years in a row.

Or playing on Monday when the Bengals have a dismal record in prime time games under Marvin Lewis.

Discuss.

Why do people put "Discuss" at the end of the OP.  It's a ******* message board, of course they are going to discuss.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 08:25 PM)crispy Wrote: Why do people put "Discuss" at the end of the OP.  It's a ******* message board, of course they are going to discuss.

Desperate cry for attention?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 08:25 PM)crispy Wrote: Why do people put "Discuss" at the end of the OP.  It's a ******* message board, of course they are going to discuss.

Why do people not put question marks at the end of their questions?

Ninja
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why do people not put question marks at the end of their questions?

Ninja

To get you to discuss the lack of question marks at the end of a question.

Discuss
Reply/Quote
It's one thing to misread something, but you actually misinterpreted the phrase "The Bengals won't be swept by the Steelers".

Take your L and move on before we start to remember you as the guy who can't read. You're just opening yourself up to so much more smack if you come down here anymore.
Reply/Quote

This thread should be proof that many Bengal fans need clear and straightforward directions to figure out what to do. Sometimes clear and straightforward still isn't enough.
Reply/Quote

(11-13-2015, 10:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why do people not put question marks at the end of their questions?

Ninja

(11-13-2015, 11:07 PM)crispy Wrote: To get you to discuss the lack of question marks at the end of a question.

Discuss

Smirk
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2015, 10:10 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: ... Said the guy who posted on the only sub-forum that was purposely created to host fans of other teams. In case you hadn't noticed, most of the people who come in here do it because they want to read or post about the Bengals' biggest rival - namely, the Steelers.  What else do you think a smack forum is, Einstein?  

'You're on our board' smack in a smack forum is my favorite type of smack.

I'm glad we agree. I'll let you think about your post some more.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2015, 03:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: You'd think Bengals fans would be talking more about them than the Steelers given the Texans knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs two years in a row.

Or playing on Monday when the Bengals have a dismal record in prime time games under Marvin Lewis.

Discuss.

Steelers fan who has no grounds to smack on this year, smacking for another team...

Smack by proxy... Weak as hell. You sound like Coltsfan, get a grip.
Reply/Quote