Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs the Bye Game Predictions
so Denzel Ward is being evaluated for another concussion. That would be his 2nd this year and something like his 5th or 6th of his professional career

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 03:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Lions fans need to stfu for a week if they really get blown out this bad

Fraud ass team

Meh, they had an off day.  It happens.  Maybe all the praise from this season and especially after the Tampa game got to their heads and they thought they could roll their helmets out against the Ratbirds and get the dub.   Lesson learned, hopefully.  I fully anticipate they'll be back in form next week and roll the Raiders at home and climb to 6-2.   They're still the class of that division and may win it running away.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 04:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Colts seem to still function in spite of the big plays. 

Browns again have no starting QB or starting RB and now leading 33-31. Cleveland's kicker is Evan mcpherson rookie year version. About to be 4-2 lol
Reply/Quote
^ NFL-level Coaching + play-calling makes a huge difference in this league.

If Harbaugh was our coach and play caller, we’d be 5-1 w all this talent
Reply/Quote
The Refs really want the Browns to win

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So, 0-3 for the day then is it?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: The Refs really want the Browns to win
I predicted I wouldn't yell at my TV this weekend and that second P.I. on that Colts CB had me livid. Ball wasn't even catchable.

I imagine that crew will be getting a nice gift basket from the Browns ownership this Holiday season. Quality baskets, with soaps, aftershaves, quality liquors, and $100 bills. None of that gross fruitcake or gingerbread stuff!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:30 PM)pally Wrote: The Refs really want the Browns to win

The biggest issue with refs in the NFL is they always error on the side of the offense. It creates poor end game situations like the Browns vs Colts especially with spot fouls.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: The biggest issue with refs in the NFL is they always error on the side of the offense. It creates poor end game situations like the Browns vs Colts especially with spot fouls.

I mean both of those calls were so far beyond bad and in such huge moments. You just can't keep doing that unless you want your refs and sport to be called out as fixed. And if if you're going to promote betting as much as they have that makes it so much more dangerous with it becoming even worse. 

It's not like basketball where calling a foul may change 2 pts out of 100+. Impacting like 25% of a score on 1-2 calls is so massive and the NFL really does have a huge problem on its hands even if it hasn't noticed it yet.
Reply/Quote
NO ONE is fixing games for The Cleveland Browns to win. It's just bad reffing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 06:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: NO ONE is fixing games for The Cleveland Browns to win. It's just bad reffing.

Fixing games doesn't always have to do with who wins and who loses. I agree in most cases it's probably just terrible reffing but the NFL also goes out of its way to defend terrible reffing.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, 0-3 for the day then is it?

It’s about to be yes.

Pickett to Pickens has been scary in the 3rd & 4th.

What a bad day for football Sad
Reply/Quote
Way too many better teams for the Bengals to make the playoffs. Maybe the Bengals will get a coach that has them ready to start the year.
Reply/Quote
Brutal game ending ref spot for Pickett 4th and 1 sneak.

As always - refs gave the game the Stoolers.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 07:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: It’s about to be yes.

Pickett to Pickens has been scary in the 3rd & 4th.

What a bad day for football Sad

It's been a real shit day for football, and not just with the three other teams in the AFCN.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:03 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: It's been a real shit day for football, and not just with the three other teams in the AFCN.

Yup and I don’t see next week being any better.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: Brutal game ending ref spot for Pickett 4th and 1 sneak.

As always - refs gave the game the Stoolers.

First was the phantom PI that would have resulted in the Steelers punting it to the Rams with lots of time on the clock.

Then the terrible spot of the football on the 4th down play that gave the Steelers the game.

Well, it was a Steelers home game, albeit played in the Rams stadium. 

These part-time refs are really something.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:04 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup and I don’t see next week being any better.

Tough one for us on the road, and the Ratbirds will probably cruise in the desert.  But maybe Seachickens and Jags can handle their bidness against the Clowns and Steelers.  Fingers crossed.  
Reply/Quote
Well shit. Don't want to see your entire division win during your bye.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well next week we're back up. Our assignment is simple - win. We have 4 division games still - win them and we're fine; even if we just take 3 of 4 to go 3-3 division we're okay. We're still in a control our own destiny scenario so long as we win.
Reply/Quote