Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals vs the Bye Game Predictions
Sights probably need to be set on a wild card spot Not a great bye week for the boys. Next week is a must win to try to keep up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: First was the phantom PI that would have resulted in the Steelers punting it to the Rams with lots of time on the clock.

Then the terrible spot of the football on the 4th down play that gave the Steelers the game.

Well, it was a Steelers home game, albeit played in the Rams stadium. 

These part-time refs are really something.

Yeah. Today was awful. I watched the Stains game and they were handed the game too. Just a bad day for us.

(10-22-2023, 08:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Tough one for us on the road, and the Ratbirds will probably cruise in the desert.  But maybe Seachickens and Jags can handle their bidness against the Clowns and Steelers.  Fingers crossed.  

Lol @ SeaChickens. Big Grin
I hate to say it but I can totally see the Stains winning that one. Argg

I’d like to think the Jags beat the the Stoolers - but not so confident now after the Stoolers went to LA and did pretty well especially w Donald playing. I can’t stand them but they played well in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: Sights probably need to be set on a wild card spot Not a great bye week for the boys. Next week is a must win to try to keep up.

Yup.

It’s a little early but IMHO ….

These 4 will win division:

Chiefs
Fins
Ravens
Jags

—————-

Wild Cards:

Stains
Bills
Bengals or Stoolers
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:01 PM)Whacked Wrote: Brutal game ending ref spot for Pickett 4th and 1 sneak.

As always - refs gave the game the Stoolers.

Yes, it's a vast conspiracy. The "Ref New World Group." It's mission is to always rule against the Bengals and any team's loss that might benefit the Bengals. I am a believer and proudly wear my tin hat. Someday, the NFL will be fair in my world.
Reply/Quote
The division going 3-0 today falls directly on Zac's shoulders!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's a TV commercial where the fans are anxiously anticipating the winning score, then are dismayed when it fails, and then they are delighted because "wait, there's a flag on the play."

This has become the NFL, where the referees so often become the story of the game. Just google the Colts-Browns game and see all the critical comments, including from popular figures like Mike Greenberg.

If the refs are going to be the third team on the field, then this team should be made of full-time refs, who get publicly graded on their performance, and, in the interest of transparency, the league office notes the egregious blown calls and who made the calls. There is too much money at stake in the modern NFL to continue with these part-time refs.
Reply/Quote
Hope they can really heal and rest up. Still a very long season. Joe got off on a slow start. But that now he is and along with all the rest of the team, back to normal but in a good kind of way. Need in the very much be on all sides coming to play. Focus, finish, and win.
Ready for May Day and Spring Fever!
Reply/Quote
Browns and steelers benefiting from some very questionable officiating. Gotta love the national swiftball league

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 11:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers lose to Rams
Ravens lose to Lions
Browns beat Colts

Bengals win overall by gaining ground on two teams, but not 3, so more like decent win than a blowout.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470mc1q7tw2exrqqsbk0...y.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Browns and Steelers are such flawed teams and are mirror images of each other. They have both been SUPER lucky to start this season. The Browns could very well be 2-4 right now.

I still think the Benagls and Ravens are the best two most complete teams. It doesn't always work out that way, though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 08:04 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup and I don’t see next week being any better.

Its very likely that both the steelers and browns will lose next week. Jaguars at home for Steelers and Seahawks on the road for the Stains. 

The Deshaun Watson thing gets wilder by the day. Dude either got benched or didnt want to come back in Sunday after he cleared concussion protocol. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I predict Frank Pollack will still be a terrible OL coach and run coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 09:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: There's a TV commercial where the fans are anxiously anticipating the winning score, then are dismayed when it fails, and then they are delighted because "wait, there's a flag on the play."  

This has become the NFL, where the referees so often become the story of the game. Just google the Colts-Browns game and see all the critical comments, including from popular figures like Mike Greenberg.

If the refs are going to be the third team on the field, then this team should be made of full-time refs, who get publicly graded on their performance, and, in the interest of transparency, the league office notes the egregious blown calls and who made the calls.  There is too much money at stake in the modern NFL to continue with these part-time refs.

Unless the we have government regulation on the officiating it's not going to change. With the gambling it has to have some oversite & needs full time refs who don'nt even like football. Games might not be scripted but they sure can change an outcome with just 1 terrible call or terrible no call.
Reply/Quote