Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals want to make Mixon the “Bell cow” back
(02-28-2018, 08:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals player personnel director Duke Tobin said that Mixon will be the lead running back next season, and they plan to lean on him heavily. This isn't a surprise considering Mixon began getting double-digit carries when Jeremy Hill went on injured reserve late in the season. It does essentially seal Hill's imminent departure, however. Hill will be a free agent in March, and has already posted his goodbyes to Cincinnati on social media. He was not even mentioned during Tobin's news conference at the NFL scouting combine Wednesday.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/29659/bengals-plan-to-make-joe-mixon-the-bell-cow-running-back-in-2018

Atleast this way he might get into a rhythm, usually i don't like riding your RB into the groung but when you have a talent
like Joe Mixon you should use him. Not as much as the Stealers use Bell but a RB has to have a chance to get into a rhythm.

If you just give him a couple carries and he makes a good run and you take him out it hurts that rhythm that is getting
established. We are in a better spot RB wise than the Stealers were when they were running Bell into the ground with that
amount of snaps. We have Gio too and Brian Hill who i think could be a stud backup bell cow for us in a pinch.

Both Gio and Mixon can be 3rd down backs and Gio would be the spell back. Nothing wrong with this plan.

With Pollack and his new scheme i cannot wait to see how good these guys can be.

I know a lot of OSU guys will get on me for this but i think Zeke is not as great a RB as he is being portrayed behind the
best O-line in football the last few years. I think Mixon is more talented honestly. Bigger, faster, more athletic with more
wiggle and moves. He just needs to hit that hole hard if there is one. Not many holes to speak of until the last 5 games or
so when Lazor changed up the scheme to more aggressive and directional and not so passive.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 08:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals player personnel director Duke Tobin said that Mixon will be the lead running back next season, and they plan to lean on him heavily. This isn't a surprise considering Mixon began getting double-digit carries when Jeremy Hill went on injured reserve late in the season. It does essentially seal Hill's imminent departure, however. Hill will be a free agent in March, and has already posted his goodbyes to Cincinnati on social media. He was not even mentioned during Tobin's news conference at the NFL scouting combine Wednesday.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/29659/bengals-plan-to-make-joe-mixon-the-bell-cow-running-back-in-2018

I hear what Tobin is saying, but it doesn't jive with re-signing Bodine at Center or keeping Ogbuehi on the roster or signing Hart.

I just don't see how a guy like Ogbuehi, who can't handle the physicalness or power on the outside is going to somehow improve by moving inside and trying to block even bigger and more powerful DTs. Just picture Atkins across from Ogbuehi in a real game. LMAO

I'm all for fielding a strong running game. I just don't see how these different statements from the team gel.

Sure Mixon did ok last year, but gotta realize that Hill had a much better rookie year. Where's this improved line going to come from?

(03-01-2018, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Atleast this way he might get into a rhythm, usually i don't like riding your RB into the groung but when you have a talent
like Joe Mixon you should use him. Not as much as the Stealers use Bell but a RB has to have a chance to get into a rhythm.

If you just give him a couple carries and he makes a good run and you take him out it hurts that rhythm that is getting
established. We are in a better spot RB wise than the Stealers were when they were running Bell into the ground with that
amount of snaps. We have Gio too and Brian Hill who i think could be a stud backup bell cow for us in a pinch.

Both Gio and Mixon can be 3rd down backs and Gio would be the spell back. Nothing wrong with this plan.

With Pollack and his new scheme i cannot wait to see how good these guys can be.

I know a lot of OSU guys will get on me for this but i think Zeke is not as great a RB as he is being portrayed behind the
best O-line in football the last few years. I think Mixon is more talented honestly. Bigger, faster, more athletic with more
wiggle and moves. He just needs to hit that hole hard if there is one. Not many holes to speak of until the last 5 games or
so when Lazor changed up the scheme to more aggressive and directional and not so passive.

No RB was good behind a Bengals OL since Hill's rookie year. Zeke may or may not have done better. In the long run Dallas is a better run team and it will continue to send more players to the HoF than the Bengals simple because they are a better run team. The Bengals will continue to waste its better talent because they are poorly run team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote:  In the long run Dallas is a better run team and it will continue to send more players to the HoF than the Bengals simple because they are a better run team. The Bengals will continue to waste its better talent because they are poorly run team.

Oh please. The Cowboys only have 3 winning seasons in the last 8 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh please. The Cowboys only have 3 winning seasons in the last 8 years.

Or 3 of the last 4, which is better than the Bengals. They also have a playoff win.  Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:53 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I hear what Tobin is saying, but it doesn't jive with re-signing Bodine at Center or keeping Ogbuehi on the roster or signing Hart.

I just don't see how a guy like Ogbuehi, who can't handle the physicalness or power on the outside is going to somehow improve by moving inside and trying to block even bigger and more powerful DTs. Just picture Atkins across from Ogbuehi in a real game. LMAO

I'm all for fielding a strong running game. I just don't see how these different statements from the team gel.

Sure Mixon did ok last year, but gotta realize that Hill had a much better rookie year. Where's this improved line going to come from?

No RB was good behind a Bengals OL since Hill's rookie year. Zeke may or may not have done better. In the long run Dallas is a better run team and it will continue to send more players to the HoF than the Bengals simple because they are a better run team. The Bengals will continue to waste its better talent because they are poorly run team.

Well getting Pollack could be an even bigger deal than we all think.

If we can get the run game going under his tutelage it might even take away Marv's poor 2nd half approach.

Running the ball at will can actually close out games and being so conservative might not hurt us.

Still say Mixon is more talented than Zeke. Those holes that Zeke has seen in Dallas since his rookie year were like none i have
seen in a long time. I find it to be pretty damn encouraging that the guy that was coaching that line is now here and PA is there. Hilarious
Reply/Quote

theyre only about a year too late for that idea, but whatever.
Reply/Quote