Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals weaknesses.
What do you think are the biggest weaknesses on our team right now?

Offense: I'd say the play calling and lack of ability to run the ball.

Defense: Secondary. That TD to Deangelo Williams should never have happened.
Reply/Quote
Wilting under pressure.
Reply/Quote
IMO the secondary is far from the Bengals weakness. The biggest weakness right now is the Offensive Line. Two game, two horrendous performances. Not sure what is up with it since there is only one new person on the line (and Andre Smith is looking horrible in Minn btw), but they better get it together quickly.....
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: IMO the secondary is far from the Bengals weakness. The biggest weakness right now is the Offensive Line. Two game, two horrendous performances. Not sure what is up with it since there is only one new person on the line (and Andre Smith is looking horrible in Minn btw), but they better get it together quickly.....

Agree.  The secondary has held Brandon Marshall, Erik Decker, and Antonio Brown all in check.  Granted, Dennard definitely looked like the weak link last week, but the unit has done very well.
Reply/Quote
Offense - inability to get the run game going. Get Hewitt (who you resigned to a 7m dollar contract) in there. run power I and let the offense pin it's ears back. OLmen get off on rushing the ball not pass blocking.

Defense- too much time on the field. Need more rest. The offenses weakness is also the defenses. Even if they don't get TD on every drive they have to be able to sustain drives and flip field position. Just last week the bengals offense had like 5 drives under 90 seconds (don't quote me as being exact but I heard it on the radio). Before the D can get Gatorade the bengals are punting and D has to get ready!!! D shouldn't have to play 35 min a game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rushing defense is weakness. Offensive line chemistry is off because of the rookie RT, in fact, the entire right side of the offensive line. Drop passes is something to keep an eye on. Play calling a little predictable.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Offensively it has to be the center bodine just not that good.
Defensively pass rushing specifically we need another nickle DT and a pure speed rusher.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Offense: Interior line play. I may not be the biggest fan of Zampese, but the way the offensive line is playing in the interior in inexcuseable. Getting pushed back with 3 to 4 man rushes. Also getting disengaged too easily in some spots. There's been lanes but if you don't stay engaged on your man, the holes clog up and nothing happens. It seems to be communication errors as well. Especially in the 1st game.

Defense: Pass rush. Sure, some can bring up the run defense, but the defense has been on the field 4th most in the NFL so far. Gone against Forte and Williams but still have given up 0 TDs to the rushing attack. The pass rush, however, only has 2 sacks this entire season. Ranking them 24 with Cleveland, Indy, Oakland, Los Angeles, New Orleans, and NYG. Only 2 teams have less sacks than the Bengals. The defensive line struggled to get Fitz on the ground and struggled mightily to get Ben on the ground. If they actually get Ben down, that game has a different outcome, but they struggled to get him down and allowed him to find one on one coverage deep down the field (look at the Coates long pass over Dennard).
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Special teams. It's hard to get an offense going when you are constantly inside the 10 yard line. That creates problems getting the offense going too when you are backed up every drive. Second is the offensive line. The running game will come when the o-line gels together. They have 2 damn good running backs and a great toy to play with in hewitt once zamp figures out he has him. Once the run game gets going and Eifert is back, the passing game will be unstoppable. I think overall the defense is playing great. When Tez comes back and some of the new guys have some game experience they may even be elite. Losing Nelson hurt. Losing WJIII and Billings hurt. Playing basically a rookie in Dennard will take time. Paulie gets them ready to play every week though. I think the D in general is very good. I'm not too worried about this team so far after facing 2 very good run defenses. Heck the passing game might not be as good as it looked in the first 2 weeks because both opponents had weak secondaries.
Reply/Quote
Head coach.

We just played in a game rigged against us. And even though we lost we were proud of the fact we played nice more than anything, that is coming from the top.

The same team that beat us in the playoffs with a TD that was reviewed and shouldnt have been a TD and a miracle call by the refs to give them the game was just handed the rematch on a silver platter.

Marvin should be blowing up and there should be national headlines about the crooked officiating. Aside from Bengal fans complaining I havent seen much on national news about the steelers having a different set of rules than us.

We do have to play them again. Maybe twice. So while some might say the complaining will do no good now. I think it very well could in the future. It would be nice of our head coach would put a little pressure on the league in the public spotlight. Because anything he has done behind the curtains hasnt helped.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 04:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Head coach.

We just played in a game rigged against us. And even though we lost we were proud of the fact we played nice more than anything, that is coming from the top.

The same team that beat us in the playoffs with a TD that was reviewed and shouldnt have been a TD and a miracle call by the refs to give them the game was just handed the rematch on a silver platter.

Marvin should be blowing up and there should be national headlines about the crooked officiating. Aside from Bengal fans complaining I havent seen much on national news about the steelers having a different set of rules than us.

We do have to play them again. Maybe twice. So while some might say the complaining will do no good now. I think it very well could in the future. It would be nice of our head coach would put a little pressure on the league in the public spotlight. Because anything he has done behind the curtains hasnt helped.

Publicly complaining about coaching rarely gets you better coaching. If Marvin jumped up and down on TV, it wouldn't help anyone. If he takes the issue up through the officials to raise concerns about officiating in two games against the same team, it will get some traction.
Reply/Quote
The interior offensive line play

The outside backers in the run game. Dansby and V. Rey haven't been great against the run. We miss Burfict here. Pat Sims has also been up and down in his play.
Reply/Quote
Their biggest weakness is that they aren't the Steelers and don't get to play by special rules.
Reply/Quote
Coaching.

We have all star talent on all sides of the ball. We don't have any all star quality coaches. Give this team to Belichick, Rivera, Arians, or another top 10 coach we are favorites for the superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:20 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: What do you think are the biggest weaknesses on our team right now?

[Image: marvin-lewis.vresize.1200.675.high.50.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cincy jungle has just posted a good article

we do not have the o line to be a run first team. Bodine is very weak and the rest of our line is better at pass blocking than running

we need to be a pass first offense with more passes on first down . Andy can hit short passes to Gio and tight ends to maintain ball possession through the air

I am sick of running Hill up the middle behind Bodine, getting stuffed, and dealing with third and lone most of the time.

I have no idea why we have not dealt with the Bondine problem. We have not had an average or above average center sich Richie B was playing. It is killing us.
Reply/Quote
The secondary is a strength, not a weakness

The biggest problem is the Oline. Specifically, Center. The run blocking has not been good so far. This will need to be fixed as we need a more balanced attack.

Reply/Quote
Biggest weakness ? There are so many different things that could qualify, but :

Players - Bodine

Position group - Offensive line

Coaches - 1A. M Lewis 1B. P Alexander, Giving Zampese a pass - for now.
Reply/Quote
Run game and pass rush. Leads to bad TOP.
Reply/Quote
0-7

Reply/Quote