Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals weaknesses.
(09-23-2016, 01:20 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: What do you think are the biggest weaknesses on our team right now?

Offense: I'd say the play calling and lack of ability to run the ball.

Defense: Secondary. That TD to Deangelo Williams should never have happened.

The Zampese Offense....The Zampese running game STINKs to high heaven.....After 2 games Hill and Bernard have combined for less than 100 rushing yards, AFTER 2 GAMES !!!.....Of course, they don't get the ball and when they do the Zampese formations are doomed from the start..,...I don't see the running game improving against Denver and I have no idea what in the heck Zampese is doing. ...So far, Zampese Stinks. .....Forget Gruden and Hue, Zampese could have us wanting Brat back if this keeps up......So far, the one to leave the island is Zampese, he is the weakest link.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 04:40 PM)Benton Wrote: Publicly complaining about coaching rarely gets you better coaching. If Marvin jumped up and down on TV, it wouldn't help anyone. If he takes the issue up through the officials to raise concerns about officiating in two games against the same team, it will get some traction.

IMO, the football royalty DON'T LIKE MIKEY BROWN.  We should call the Steelers games Hillary-ball. Some always seem to be above the law. Don't get me started. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 09:51 PM)kevin Wrote: The Zampese Offense....The Zampese running game STINKs to high heaven.....After 2 games Hill and Bernard have combined for less than 100 rushing yards, AFTER 2 GAMES !!!.....Of course, they don't get the ball and when they do the Zampese formations are doomed from the start..,...I don't see the running game improving against Denver and I have no idea what in the heck Zampese is doing. ...So far, Zampese Stinks. .....Forget Gruden and Hue, Zampese could have us wanting Brat back if this keeps up......So far, the one to leave the island is Zampese, he is the weakest link.
Something is definitely wrong when the RBs have such low YBC (Yards Before Contact) because the defenders are always in the backfield with the RBs!!! Nervous   Many of us have begged for Hewitt to be used as a lead blocker, but it falls on deaf ears -- so far! Maybe he could be used to clean up all the "Look Out" blocks by the right side of the line. BYW most of the running plays are to the right (weakest line personnel) side. DUH??? LMAO
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 10:40 PM)Derrick Wrote: Something is definitely wrong when the RBs have such low YBC (Yards Before Contact) because the defenders are always in the backfield with the RBs!!! Nervous   Many of us have begged for Hewitt to be used as a lead blocker, but it falls on deaf ears -- so far! Maybe he could be used to clean up all the "Look Out" blocks by the right side of the line. BYW most of the running plays are to the right (weakest line personnel) side. DUH??? LMAO

Well, no RB gets a running start....The RB lines up next to the QB....the ball is snapped....If Dalton hands the ball to the RB, which is rare under Zampese,  THE RB IS STARTING COLD AND FLAT FOOTED.....Now how can they hit the hole this way, they can't.....Which would explain your numbers showing our RBs getting hit in the backfield.....What running plays Zamp does run are too slow with the RB not getting the hand off with a full head of speed. ...IT STINKS. .....Basic football is for the QB to hand off to a RB with a full head of steam to hit the hole. Bengals refuse to do this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We've allowed most rushing yards in NFL so far and we've established zero running game of our own
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
O-line and rushing defense are definately our weaknesses. Seems like we've been down this road before...
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
Coaching is the biggest weakest on this team. We will regret not making Zimmer our head coach. Like in the 80's when then passed up on Bill Walsh. How did he turn out for San Fran. Three years in a row they said this team is top 5 in talent, and no playoff wins. They need to make a move because there window is closing fast. I cant the stand thought of seeing Marvin Lewis confused look after a playoff loss.
Reply/Quote
1. Is OL by far.

2. Redzone offense - Game 1 was 1/3 - 33% in the redzone and 0/1 in goal to go. Game 2 was 0/3 - 0% in the redzone and 0/1 - 0% in goal to go. AWFUL

3. 3rd down offensive efficiency - Game 1 was 3/11 - 27%. Game 2 was 4/16 - 25%. BAD

4. Run defense/tackling against the run.

15. Secondary - Some young guys back there getting adjusted, but basically shut down Fitz and held Steelers to 24 points on a lot of short fields. One blown coverage does not make the secondary a weakness. Adam Jones will have that fixed already. The poor dude who missed his assignment has had to live with Jones all week.

Reply/Quote
Pass rush, they haven't stopped one and they don't have one
Reply/Quote
Offensive weakness: OL. I think everyone agrees on this one. It's pretty obvious honestly. I do think that everything starts to gel in the coming weeks. We honestly played against 2 really good front 7s the last two weeks, and we have another one coming up. We really don't play a front seven as strong as any of the teams we just played (+ Denver) the rest of the year except when we play Pittsburgh again.

Defensive weakness: We can't seem to stop the run. This has been our weakness for a while honestly. Teams gash us with the run and then that forces us to put one less guy in coverage and that makes our secondary look worse than it actually is. When Burfict comes back I assume this is going to be cleaned up too.

I think this team will get better as the year goes on. We have quite a few new contributors on this team right now, and it takes time to gel. We have 2 new receiving weapons, 1 new right tackle, and a new OC. I wasn't very surprised that our offense sputtered a little bit so far this year. By the end of the year (when it really counts) our team will be firing on all cylinders on offense.

I think the defense has played pretty damn good so far this year (other than against the run). We limited a loaded Jets receiving core to almost nothing, and we made AB have his worst game of his career as the #1 receiver. The secondary is fine. We will improve against the run game a lot when Burfict comes back, and the defensive line will be able to get to the QB a lot easier when the opposing team isn't allowed to hold every play.

The only thing that worries me about this team is the run game honestly. I know the OL hasn't helped it what so ever, but Hill has seemed to regress yet again this year. I didn't think that Hill would have a great year this year, but it looks like he's one of the worst RBs in the league. We need a RB that can force his way up the middle and make the opposing defense get worn down. Right now when we hand it to Hill it almost seems like we're wasting a down since he rarely gets many (or any at all) yards. I'm really hoping that he will improve as the OL gets better, but IDK.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:20 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: What do you think are the biggest weaknesses on our team right now?

Offense: I'd say the play calling and lack of ability to run the ball.

Defense: Secondary. That TD to Deangelo Williams should never have happened.

Center.  Fixing the O line, especially Center, will help the running game.  If they keep insisting that the O line is fine, then we're looking at a disappointing year.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 08:57 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Center.  Fixing the O line, especially Center, will help the running game.  If they keep insisting that the O line is fine, then we're looking at a disappointing year.

Yep, Bodine has to get it together or get out. As we know I'm afraid neither will happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 12:40 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Coaching is the biggest weakest on this team. We will regret not making Zimmer our head coach. Like in the 80's when then passed up on Bill Walsh. How did he turn out for San Fran. Three years in a row they said this team is top 5 in talent, and no playoff wins. They need to make a move because there window is closing fast. I cant the stand thought of seeing Marvin Lewis confused look after a playoff loss.

I expect him to win a Super Bowl within the next three years, maybe even this year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 10:13 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I expect him to win a Super Bowl within the next three years, maybe even this year.  

If the Vikings win the super bowl this year (losing his starting QB and one of the best RBs in the league) we must sacrifice Marvin to the god that is Mike Zimmer and beg him to send us his best assistant coach. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 10:52 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: If the Vikings win the super bowl this year (losing his starting QB and one of the best RBs in the league) we must sacrifice Marvin to the god that is Mike Zimmer and beg him to send us his best assistant coach. 
Peterson was not doing well before he was hurt and Bradford, if he stays healthy, may actually be an upgrade on Bridgewater.  But either way they have that defense that Zimmer built, and that defense can and will win them a championship. 
Reply/Quote
Vikings also lost their starting LT. I think winning the SB is a long shot.

Reply/Quote
Having a TE made of glass and a Linebacker who can't stay on the field for other reasons.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 11:02 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Peterson was not doing well before he was hurt and Bradford, if he stays healthy, may actually be an upgrade on Bridgewater.  But either way they have that defense that Zimmer built, and that defense can and will win them a championship. 

I don't think it will happen in Minnesota anytime soon. Peterson can't stay on the field. He's also a freak of nature though...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 04:50 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Coaching.

We have all star talent on all sides of the ball. We don't have any all star quality coaches. Give this team to Belichick, Rivera, Arians, or another top 10 coach we are favorites for the superbowl.

Zimmer is doing much more with less. 

I'm really happy for him!  ThumbsUp
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2016, 06:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vikings also lost their starting LT. I think winning the SB is a long shot.

As banged up as they are, they seem to have a better chance than we do.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote