Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals won today
Just a reminder since a butch of you seem to be acting like they lost today. Can’t anyone just be happy?
Reply/Quote
This year's team is difficult to watch the entire game. It's like getting a root canal.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just a reminder since a butch of you seem to be acting like they lost today. Can’t anyone just be happy?

lol while I agree with you, you DEFINITELY show a weather vane attitude, after a post like this.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This year's team is difficult to watch the entire game.  It's like getting a root canal.

You've put into words what I am feeling. 

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just a reminder since a butch of you seem to be acting like they lost today.  Can’t anyone just be happy?

Happy about the victory.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol while I agree with you, you DEFINITELY show a weather vane attitude, after a post like this.

Really how so? I don’t whine after losses and I don’t whine in the game day thread.

I know I got flamed before for saying I don’t believe there has been a culture swing and I’m not giving Marvin credit till we win a playoff game and I stand by those statements. I also say that when we lose.

That’s my point. I don’t change my attitude one way or another just because we lost or won. A lot of people have these radical mood swings one way or the other and a lot of them seem to be the on that side of the pendulum as if we lost this day and it’s wierd.

I quess if you see it differently maybe I’m not as consistent as I think or I’m being unclear and misunderstood but I feel I’ve been very consistent in my views here.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:16 PM)motoarch Wrote: Really how so? I don’t whine after losses and I don’t whine in the game day thread.

I know I got flamed before for saying I don’t believe there has been a culture swing and I’m not giving Marvin credit till we win a playoff game and I stand by those statements. I also say that when we lose.

That’s my point. I don’t change my attitude one way or another just because we lost or won. A lot of people have these radical mood swings one way or the other and a lot of them seem to be the on that side of the pendulum as if we lost this day and it’s wierd.

I quess if you see it differently maybe I’m not as consistent as I think or I’m being unclear and misunderstood but I feel I’ve been very consistent in my views here.

I'm not talking about WHAT is said, as you are completely correct.

Its the tone and the situation.

Whatever, I'll keep my mouth shut.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Chicken Littles are always easier to take after a win.

WTS, the bye could not have came at a better time for us. 5-3 and percentage points out of 1st place. Get 'em healthy, get 'em refocused, and get 'em going.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I checked out the game day thread when we were up 27-6 and it was pure cancer. Not sure why I expected different. LOL

We most definitely have some major concerns, but in the end we're 5-3.

I'll take it and save my major complaints for when they lose in the 1st round.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This year's team is difficult to watch the entire game.  It's like getting a root canal.

They sure do seem to struggle with success. Gotta get past that if they wanna be a player late in the season.
Reply/Quote
I'm well aware they won and was fortunate enough to witness it in person. But, I'm also aware that had their overrated QB not wrapped the game up for us in a big red and pewter bow, this would/should have been a loss. It was night and day once Fitzy came in, and we're lucky he didn't start.

A buddy of mine was with me, he's a Vikings fan and doesn't pay much attention to the Bengals, so when we went up 21-0, he turns to me and said "This is gonna be a route." "Nope, just watch" I told him. Sure enough, we get a nail-biter and just do escape with a W.

Everybody needs to just skip their bye week vacays and get this shit fixed before we play a HOF QB in two weeks or that will be an ugly, ugly game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
We needed a win in the worst way after getting smashed by kc and the awful Steelers loss. Heading into the bye week guys like price can get healthy, and we can regroup. Hopefully Austin learns how to run a defense
Reply/Quote

And what teams dont ypu feell the same  the same 5 -3 who dey
Reply/Quote
We did win today. And we have been good enough to win 5 of our first 8 games this year. So I will be spending the rest of today enjoying these two simple facts. I have that luxury as a fan. Since I am not a Bengals staff member, I don't have all necessary information to make responsible recommendations. Why burden myself with anything that I have zero control over its outcome?

Maybe tomorrow I'll go back to speculating, along with the majority of the rest of us. But not today. Because today, we won. And I like how that feels.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I really can't remember any season with so many injuries and they're still in first place in the division. 
Sure enough the defense has been horrendous and yet against so-so qbs like Winston they light them up .
The offense usually great in the first half just falls apart in the 2nd half  .
I'm not convinced that all the injured starters would have played as good as the guys filling in to be honest so i guess it does point to pretty decent depth. 
At TE... JEEEZ Louise.. They'll have corners playing the position by the end of the season unless they make a trade somewhere perhaps  ..
Anyway....it's a win with the bye coming up .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:21 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: We needed a win in the worst way after getting smashed by kc and the awful Steelers loss. Heading into the bye week guys like price can get healthy, and we can regroup. Hopefully Austin learns how to run a defense

Somehow I just don't see that happening. If this keeps up there will be no excuse for keeping him around another year. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: I really can't remember any season with so many injuries and they're still in first place in the division.

Second place in the division.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We did win today. And we have been good enough to win 5 of our first 8 games this year. So I will be spending the rest of today enjoying these two simple facts. I have that luxury as a fan. Since I am not a Bengals staff member, I don't have all necessary information to make responsible recommendations. Why burden myself with anything that I have zero control over its outcome?

Maybe tomorrow I'll go back to speculating, along with the majority of the rest of us. But not today. Because today, we won. And I like how that feels.

Right now i'm more focused on next Tuesday night at 9:30. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 09:29 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Second place in the division.

Even 2nd is a head scratcher..   

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just a reminder since a butch of you seem to be acting like they lost today. Can’t anyone just be happy?

5 and 3 at the halfway point is a great place to be. There are still a lot of things to be concerned about with this team. It’s much better to have those concerns at 5-3 than at 4-4.
Reply/Quote