Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals work out 8 players during the bye week
(11-01-2018, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I was a fan of Hewitt.  Too bad they didn't use him effectively, after giving him that nice contract, that they later felt the need to get rid of..

And he's still not being used... at all lol.

(11-01-2018, 08:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glasgow was SOO MUCH better than people gave him credit for. He graded out REALLY highly from PFF. His loss was huge.

I'm hoping he can regain his form next season when healthy.

The loss of Glasgow may be our biggest impact injury so far this year among the list of injuries. Lawson hurts too. As does Price. Vigil was playing well finally...so that's a big loss too.

Indeed, Glasgow was getting big tackles and a lot of them; missing him hurts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 08:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Glasgow was SOO MUCH better than people gave him credit for. He graded out REALLY highly from PFF. His loss was huge.

I'm hoping he can regain his form next season when healthy.

The loss of Glasgow may be our biggest impact injury so far this year among the list of injuries. Lawson hurts too. As does Price. Vigil was playing well finally...so that's a big loss too.

We've really had a number of big impact injuries, and you're right Glasgow was one of them.    But losing Lawson, Eifert, Price, Vigil, Dennard, Kroft and Burfict (though he was playing like garbage when he finally returned) are all significant losses.   And I think Schreck was on the verge of starting to show as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Ealy and Koyack coming out of college. Would like to see them given a shot.

I would like it if they did that as well - as well as Ripkowski.    I know it would have meant spending some draft picks to get DeSean Jackson and Snacks Harrison, but I think it would have been worth it.

You can only end up with so many draft picks on a roster in a given year.   Jackson is a proven player and Snacks would only have cost us a 5th rounder.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 07:13 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I do like the fullback thought,if we arent getting a free agent receiver to help, then lets just run the ball and use a fullback. But i doubt thats lazors style i cant see him just pounding the ball lol. As for ealy i think hed fit in nicely,he helped the panthers get to the superbowl,i even remember there was possibility he could of been drafted by us.

It doesn't seem to be his MO, but it's interesting to note that Lazor was hinting at using the FB more in the preseason in an article I read.  I may have even posted a thread on here about it back then.  So, you never know, they may be looking at adjusting their philosophy some over the bye.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 11:33 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It doesn't seem to be his MO, but it's interesting to note that Lazor was hinting at using the FB more in the preseason in an article I read.  I may have even posted a thread on here about it back then.  So, you never know, they may be looking at adjusting their philosophy some over the bye.

Mixon runs well out of I-Formation, probably better than they anticipated.

Jalston Fowler was available for a season basically, until last week; not only is he a great blocker, but of current NFL FBs, he's by far the most athletic and talented, as he can catch and even carry.

Would've been nice to get him, but the Titans re-signed him last week, as mentioned.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 12:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mixon runs well out of I-Formation, probably better than they anticipated.

Jalston Fowler was available for a season basically, until last week; not only is he a great blocker, but of current NFL FBs, he's by far the most athletic and talented, as he can catch and even carry.

Would've been nice to get him, but the Titans re-signed him last week, as mentioned.

I agree.

Being able to carry the ball is what the TEs do not offer. The threat of a FB who can catch and carry is invaluable.

Not every FB can be a Rathman, but I prefer a true FB over a TE.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 11:13 AM)3wt Wrote: I would like it if they did that as well - as well as Ripkowski.    I know it would have meant spending some draft picks to get DeSean Jackson and Snacks Harrison, but I think it would have been worth it.

You can only end up with so many draft picks on a roster in a given year.   Jackson is a proven player and Snacks would only have cost us a 5th rounder.

If you're planning on signing those guys to multi year deals, then yes, absolutely worth the picks.  If you're only looking at them as "rentals" for the remainder of the current season, then it seems to not be economically sound.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 11:08 AM)3wt Wrote: We've really had a number of big impact injuries, and you're right Glasgow was one of them.    But losing Lawson, Eifert, Price, Vigil, Dennard, Kroft and Burfict (though he was playing like garbage when he finally returned) are all significant losses.   And I think Schreck was on the verge of starting to show as well.

Indeed. Eifert was big for the offense. Defenses focused on him.

I think it's time to move on from him. I was a bit disappointed when they brought him back this year. Although I will say he's a great person and lockerroom guy. His body just won't hold up to the NFL sadly.
Reply/Quote
Here's the thread I posted back in June about Lazor thinking fullbacks....

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Lazor-bringing-back-a-little-smashmouth?pid=557807#pid557807

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote