Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals working out Freeney
Our boy Coley with the Tweet

https://twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/735074446839517184?lang=en

Would be a good signing if he is healthy. Push guys like Hunt and Clarke, and could still be effective in a relief role. Guys looking for work in May and June aren't going to get huge contracts. If he doesn't pan out, then its no big loss.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just bring him on passing downs. He was very effective in that role last year in Arizona.
Reply/Quote
Hobs actually made the singing sound likely. Although he sounded the same about Easley.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I'm for it. Anyone who helps the rotation is great signing to me.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just bring him on passing downs. He was very effective in that role last year in Arizona.

Exactly, just let him rush the passer.  He and Dunlap each coming off the end on passing downs would be havoc on offensive linemen.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 10:51 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly, just let him rush the passer.  He and Dunlap each coming off the end on passing downs would be havoc on offensive linemen.

this would allow MJ to get some rest so he doesn't wear down at the end of games
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hobs actually made the singing sound likely. Although he sounded the same about Easley.

I think it's more likely that a true pro like Freeney will come in and impress the staff.

I'm sure he's in great shape and ready to go.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: Just bring him on passing downs. He was very effective in that role last year in Arizona.

(05-24-2016, 10:51 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Exactly, just let him rush the passer.  He and Dunlap each coming off the end on passing downs would be havoc on offensive linemen.

(05-24-2016, 11:44 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: this would allow MJ to get some rest so he doesn't wear down at the end of games

(05-24-2016, 12:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think it's more likely that a true pro like Freeney will come in and impress the staff.

I'm sure he's in great shape and ready to go.

Sounds great, would love this signing. Glad we didn't sign that Easley guy now who is made of glass.
Reply/Quote
Dan Hoard is filling in for Mo Egger today.  Dave Lapham called in and one of the things he said was that Paul Guenther really wants to sign DWight Feeney.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 06:09 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Dan Hoard is filling in for Mo Egger today.  Dave Lapham called in and one of the things he said was that Paul Guenther really wants to sign DWight Feeney.

Awesome, if that's the case I bet we get a deal done in the next week or two.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 06:09 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Dan Hoard is filling in for Mo Egger today.  Dave Lapham called in and one of the things he said was that Paul Guenther really wants to sign DWight Feeney.

Good. Make it happen.

We need a situational pass rusher. We like to rotate our guys, Freeney would certainly help this team out.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2016, 06:39 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Awesome, if that's the case I bet we get a deal done in the next week or two.

(05-27-2016, 07:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Good. Make it happen.

We need a situational pass rusher. We like to rotate our guys, Freeney would certainly help this team out.

So true, i don't know why Freeney would want to go anywhere else, especially Atlanta.

Even as a situational pass rusher i could see him gettin atleast 8 sacks here and maybe even getting a ring.

I doubt that happens for him if he is a Falcon honestly.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 10:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, i don't know why Freeney would want to go anywhere else, especially Atlanta.

Even as a situational pass rusher i could see him gettin atleast 8 sacks here and maybe even getting a ring.

Only things Atlanta offers are a dome and warm weather.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2016, 12:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Only things Atlanta offers are a dome and warm weather.

Thats true, i would think Freeney would rather have a ring...
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2016, 10:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, i don't know why Freeney would want to go anywhere else, especially Atlanta.

(05-30-2016, 01:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thats true, i would think Freeney would rather have a ring...

Dansby seems to think Freeney is coming.   In an article in Bengals.com he said:

“He’ll add value to our team,” Dansby said. “Without a doubt. He’ll keep guys fresh. He’ll come in with the production he has from last season and he’s not going to have a drop off.”

Really hope this happens.  With Freeney, Dansby and Billings added to the roster we would have a formidable defense.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2016, 06:40 PM)3wt Wrote: Dansby seems to think Freeney is coming.   In an article in Bengals.com he said:

“He’ll add value to our team,” Dansby said. “Without a doubt. He’ll keep guys fresh. He’ll come in with the production he has from last season and he’s not going to have a drop off.”

Really hope this happens.  With Freeney, Dansby and Billings added to the roster we would have a formidable defense.

Perhaps..  So long as the old guys don't end up on injured reserve, and the rookie can make a splash in the pro game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Needs to happen, but maybe Mike is skiddish after flopping on Harrison.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:11 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Needs to happen, but maybe Mike is skiddish after flopping on Harrison.

Except the Bengals didn't utilize Harrison's skill set properly, as they tried to slot a 3-4 rush OLB into a 4-3 SAM role. Harrison never played anything other than a 3-4 rush OLB.
While Freeney has played 3-4 OLB in recent years, a majority of his time as a Colt was as a 4-3 DE. So it's not really fair to compare Freeney to Harrison.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:11 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Needs to happen, but maybe Mike is skiddish after flopping on Harrison.

Harrison was cheap at least at provided some vet leadership to the young LB core at the time.   They moved him around a bit for running plays but he was only in on base packages. and now adays the majority of time is spent in nickel and dime Defenses.

Dansby will be a much better signing in that regard.

Freeney would be a rotational pass rusher...  So with less snaps health and age should be less of a concern.  Only major concern they might have is freeing up the roster spot if they like a lot of the younger guys on the squad.

Overall I think it be worth the 1 or 2 year rental and risk a young guy on the PS
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Except the Bengals didn't utilize Harrison's skill set properly, as they tried to slot a 3-4 rush OLB into a 4-3 SAM role. Harrison never played anything other than a 3-4 rush OLB.
While Freeney has played 3-4 OLB in recent years, a majority of his time as a Colt was as a 4-3 DE. So it's not really fair to compare Freeney to Harrison.

Harrison did exactly what the bengals signed him for. Too many fans who didn't know any better thought they brought him in to be a pass rusher. Wrong.

After guys like Manny Lawson and Lamur at the SAM spot who got pushed around and blocked by WRs, they needed someone physical who would set the edge in the run game. That's why they signed James Harrison. And he excelled at that. But lots of ignorant people thought the signing wasn't successful because he didn't rack up sacks.
Reply/Quote