Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals working out former Steeler Mike Mitchell
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/18/17875892/nfl-free-agents-bengals-steelers-safety-mike-mitchell-charles-tapper

The Bengals are working out five players, including notorious cheap shot artist and locker room cancer Mike Mitchell  Whatever

Why oh why is this even being considered? Probably the last free agent available I'd want on this team.

Thoughts? 
Reply/Quote
Jesus, why?

He'd literally get ejected every single game he plays this year if he's not wearing a Steelers uniform. No other team can get away with a guy whose only positive on the field is he knocks out a lot of the other team's players with concussions from launching himself helmet first into people's heads. If he had played for any other team, he'd be banned by now.

What could the Bengals possibly want with him?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Oh dear lord. First Gordan now Mitchell. I hope we are just bringing him in to laugh at him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's embarrassing
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 10:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/18/17875892/nfl-free-agents-bengals-steelers-safety-mike-mitchell-charles-tapper

The Bengals are working out five players, including notorious cheap shot artist and locker room cancer Mike Mitchell  Whatever

Why oh why is this even being considered? Probably the last free agent available I'd want on this team.

Thoughts? 

The main thing I can see with Mitchell is pay for playbook.  He knows the Steelers playbook and most of the players and coaches.

The only other real thing I can see is they want someone to lay Juju out.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 11:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: The main thing I can see with Mitchell is pay for playbook.  He knows the Steelers playbook and most of the players and coaches.

The only other real thing I can see is they want someone to lay Juju out.

I see Wilson is far from ready to step in at safety if injuries hits us at safety. I would say no, but he would be added depth.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
No, no ,no....you need to understand the plan....

Sign him for vet minimum and play him versus the Steelers with a private bonus agreement promised for taking out JuJu....
Reply/Quote
I know it’s a business but **** this. And **** Mike Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
Of all those: I like Quin Blanding.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd sign him just to annoy Steelers fans. It'd be interesting to see their reaction if he laid one of their guys out. I'm sure plenty of tears and hypocrisy would ensue. He's an experienced guy (83 starts) and could make a valuable backup, IMO. He doesn't really fit Austin's M.O. of forcing turnovers though (10 career INTs, 7 forced fumbles).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that'll be a no for me, dog. NFL let him get away with everything in Pittsburgh. He'd be ejected/fined/suspended weekly if he played for the Bengals. Gotta think some players in the lockerroom like Eifert and AJ would also probably have an issue with Mitchell given the cheap shots he's doled out to them over the years.
Reply/Quote
What if we were talking about Talib or Shu? Then what would you guys think?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 11:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jesus, why?

He'd literally get ejected every single game he plays this year if he's not wearing a Steelers uniform. No other team can get away with a guy whose only positive on the field is he knocks out a lot of the other team's players with concussions from launching himself helmet first into people's heads. If he had played for any other team, he'd be banned by now.

What could the Bengals possibly want with him?

I’m thinking maybe his agent threw some pleas to us and we did it just so the other guys we brought in didn’t think we’re desperate.
Reply/Quote
It makes me sick they are even looking at him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 10:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/18/17875892/nfl-free-agents-bengals-steelers-safety-mike-mitchell-charles-tapper

Thoughts? 

This absolutely sickens me.   And you forgot total piece of shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Thoughts? 

Fair enough they are doing due diligence but I do not see the upside of this unless they got some insider knowledge on Steelers D....but to be honest we see them twice a year and like rest of AFCN the teams already know each other inside out.

Can't see it going well in the locker room
Reply/Quote
Don’t want him here. Nothing positive would come from it.

Reply/Quote
Gross.
Reply/Quote
We kick the tires on guys all the time we have no immediate need to sign. With that said we have little experience at Safety so if we were to lose one for a long period of time we'd need someone to come in. Mitchell is the best available non Eric Reid vet on the market right now, plus he does offer some insights to division opponents. We know what he has left now and we can keep it in mind down the road. Just good due diligence.
Reply/Quote