Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals working out former Steeler Mike Mitchell
(09-19-2018, 08:15 AM)BengalD Wrote: So I guess my question is:  Are we thin at Safety and D-line?  Also seeing how it's early in the season - aren't there players on practice squads better than the free agents they brought in?  I know taking players off of others teams practice squads winds up converting to draft picks - but it's early in the season and being 2-0 has already increased your playoff chances.  Don't bring in scrubs.

Players on practice squads usually are scrubs. Otherwise, their teams wouldn't expose them to be plucked by other teams. 

At least the veteran scrubs have starting experience. The last thing I want to see is starting some rookie practice squad player in a playoff game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Absolute no to his head hunting ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ummmmm…….yeeeeahhhh…… if you could just get that POS out of my football stadium....that would be great, ok?
Reply/Quote
I say sign him and start him alongside Shawn Williams but only when we play the Steelers. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Paul Dehner said it's just in case of future injuries or anything, thank God:

Quote:
@pauldehnerjr
Also, regarding former Steelers safety Mike Mitchell coming in for a workout this week, nothing more to that other than club working ahead to stay aware of what's available in case a need pops up later in the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2018, 11:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Yeah, thats what i felt like reading this.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:08 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I say sign him and start him alongside Shawn Williams but only when we play the Steelers. ThumbsUp

I kind of like that idea, but then it gives Tomlin and his thugs reason to retaliate, so it may (and with the Bengals probably would) backfire.
Reply/Quote
Pitt Sux  & so does Mike Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
Is it wrong that a part of me wants him to sign here just to see the reactions unfold? LOL
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Sign Mike Mitchell. With him at safety the referees won’t even notice Vontaze Burfict.
Reply/Quote
Take emotion out of the equation and what's left? A washed up guy who can't make it on NFL rosters anymore ? Just kicking tires to see if there's anything left in the tank most likely.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 03:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Paul Dehner said it's just in case of future injuries or anything, thank God:

well if shawn Williams gets ejected again he could have suspension time... Mike is better than most of whats out there available.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 12:05 PM)grampahol Wrote:  A washed up guy who can't make it on NFL rosters anymore ? 

That is the problem.  the only way we can get him back on the field to get some payback is sign him ourselves and then take him out in practice.

Mike Brown is an evil genius. 

MUAHAHAHA!
Reply/Quote