Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengalsboard.com Fanduel League. Open invitation
(11-26-2017, 10:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 1st out of 170 is pretty good.  Kind of blows about the $4 payout, but those 50/50 contests pay to half the field.  I stick to the smaller money contests, as the odds of winning any money are significantly higher.  The higher the payout, the more "pros" are going to be in it, with their algorithm selected lineups.

Same here. I stick to small entry contests and even when I feel I got the perfect line-up, I still try and keep it under $5 total. I play 50/50 often because all I have to do is finish in the top 50% which always seems like a lock. LOL, but I lose about as many as I win. However, its all good fun. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 10:09 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Same here. I stick to small entry contests and even when I feel I got the perfect line-up, I still try and keep it under $5 total. I play 50/50 often because all I have to do is finish in the top 50% which always seems like a lock. LOL, but I lose about as many as I win. However, its all good fun. 

That is why I like pools like the one you've set up.  It's a clean field, and we usually have a different winner each week.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:59 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! As for me, I played Fanduel and kept sneaking peeks at my cell for updates during conversations. I even slipped outside to the mancave to see portions of the games from time to time. I entered a 50/50 contest and ranked 1st of 170. It was pretty awesome to my ego until I looked how much I won. LOL, spent 2, won $4. All-in-all, I walked away feeling pretty good. Had to put a halt on the mansion blue-prints though because, well, $4 doesn't cover it.

This morning we have 6 contestants with 3 remaining. Don't forget to get your line-ups in. With the limited amount of players to choose from this week, we could possibly be looking at some very tight scoring. Good luck to all of you!

https://sports.yahoo.com/week-12-deep-sleepers-dfs-bargains-051707644.html

100% ROI!! Well done! Tongue

League is full now, i just got in. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 10:05 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 1st out of 170 is pretty good.  Kind of blows about the $4 payout, but those 50/50 contests pay to half the field.  I stick to the smaller money contests, as the odds of winning any money are significantly higher.  The higher the payout, the more "pros" are going to be in it, with their algorithm selected lineups.

That's what pisses me off about fanduel and makes it not as fun. I'm a regular dude, just going through players, picking them myself. I have to get lotto-type lucky to win a big money game against those guys and their multiple lineups. 

But if i don't enter at least one, i get all paranoid because of "just in case".

It would be my luck that the one time i decide to just enter the league game, i end up scoring 200 pts and then have to go back and look at all the money i could have had...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I predict the winner this week will have to clear 140
Reply/Quote
I tried a tout sight last year and they just throw so much shit at the wall that some of it will stick. They’re on the right scent, for sure, more so than the average yahoo but not worth it for what you can do on your own with some research.

Their algorithm definitely worked in NBA, but I was overall in the red when it came to football.
Reply/Quote
I spend many ways preparing my teams for Sunday. Research, research, research. I read advice's and rankings and also cross reference opinions with others. Then, I usually tend to select players I repeatedly read about in several articles. Sometimes, even that's not a sure thing (I've only won once in this league so that's pretty clear). My wife thinks I spend way to much time on football, and maybe she's right. But unless she takes it all off and stands in front of me, my eyes are going to be buried into the computer screen trying to put together the perfect team.

EDIT: I needed to add, that damn matchup in which I came in 1st on Thanksgiving? Well, I put it together in about 10 minutes and barely did much research. So sometimes I probably waaaaayyyyyy over think it!

Reply/Quote
BTW, i picked LBell as my safety net tonight so that insures he will do nothing and possibly cause a pitt loss. 

If you have Bell as well, you might want to go edit your lineup. ;P

Seriously, you have no idea how strong my jinx is. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 02:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: BTW, i picked LBell as my safety net tonight so that insures he will do nothing and possibly cause a pitt loss. 

If you have Bell as well, you might want to go edit your lineup. ;P

Seriously, you have no idea how strong my jinx is. 

I totally get that. Happens to me all the time. Then, there are those 6K players who blow the damn scoreboard up. Thats usually more painful because in many cases? I looked at them, contemplated the pickup, and passed.  Rant

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 02:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I totally get that. Happens to me all the time. Then, there are those 6K players who blow the damn scoreboard up. Thats usually more painful because in many cases? I looked at them, contemplated the pickup, and passed.  Rant

LOL. eggggzactly!

Keep in mind though, i didn't pick him with that thought in mind. I picked him because i want to win money. The jinx doesn't work if i try to actively employ it, only when i really want something positive out of it.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 02:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I totally get that. Happens to me all the time. Then, there are those 6K players who blow the damn scoreboard up. Thats usually more painful because in many cases? I looked at them, contemplated the pickup, and passed.  Rant

I just made a last second change with one of my wide receivers. We'll see how that turns out...

red 4 blue

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 02:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just made a last second change with one of my wide receivers. We'll see how that turns out...

red 4 blue

Hope it works out for you. 

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 02:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I spend many ways preparing my teams for Sunday. Research, research, research. I read advice's and rankings and also cross reference opinions with others. Then, I usually tend to select players I repeatedly read about in several articles. Sometimes, even that's not a sure thing (I've only won once in this league so that's pretty clear). My wife thinks I spend way to much time on football, and maybe she's right. But unless she takes it all off and stands in front of me, my eyes are going to be buried into the computer screen trying to put together the perfect team.

EDIT: I needed to add, that damn matchup in which I came in 1st on Thanksgiving? Well, I put it together in about 10 minutes and barely did much research. So sometimes I probably waaaaayyyyyy over think it!

When she comes into the room, wearing nothing but a butt plug, you'll know it's time to give her some serious attention, or prepare for divorce..   Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 03:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When she comes into the room, wearing nothing but a butt plug, you'll know it's time to give her some serious attention, or prepare for divorce..   Ninja

LOL... Ho!

Reply/Quote
WTF happened to Kareem Hunt? Cant find anything. Hard to figure he's only got 4yds this game?

Anyway, here's the injury update. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000882583/article/injuries-were-tracking-from-sundays-week-12-games

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 04:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WTF happened to Kareem Hunt? Cant find anything. Hard to figure he's only got 4yds this game?

Anyway, here's the injury update. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000882583/article/injuries-were-tracking-from-sundays-week-12-games

What happened is teams now have film on him, and how he is used in the Chief's offense.  The Chief's are a mystery, in general.  Between Hunt, Hill, and Kelce, they should be competing with Philly for highest scoring in the league.  Perhaps they have had OL injuries?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 04:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What happened is teams now have film on him, and how he is used in the Chief's offense.  The Chief's are a mystery, in general.  Between Hunt, Hill, and Kelce, they should be competing with Philly for highest scoring in the league.  Perhaps they have had OL injuries?

I am getting smoked this week. I want answers. I want some fuggin answers! LOL...

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 02:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hope it works out for you. 

Yup. Picked up Julio and dropped Cooks. Just wish i would have had the money to keep Cooks and drop Stills.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. Picked up Julio and dropped Cooks. Just wish i would have had the money to keep Cooks and drop Stills.

Of course...i should have kept Cooks and dropped that punk Hill instead of Stills...

Grrr

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 09:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Of course...i should have kept Cooks and dropped that punk Hill instead of Stills...

Grrr

Hindsight 20/20. That’s me every contest!

Reply/Quote